Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Dieting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Dieting

    SUCKS!

    I am doing the South Beach diet. I am down from 250 to 231, but want to lose at least 20 more or so. Lord, I miss those sweets and that Coca-Cola. The diet is a good deal if you are carnivore extreme, but I like bread n taters. Anybody out there besides me going through this agony?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    Been through it. I did my own variation of a diet. I went from 216 (heaviest I've been), down to 191. Now I'm stuck in the point where I can't seem to drop anymore weight and still keep my "gut".
    But secret to every diet, is moderation. You dont have to eat those exact foods in The SouthBeach Diet.
    Just exercise, and not eat such big amounts of foods. Bake, rather than fry. Fruits and Veggies for a snack instead of sweets. Eating 4-5 times a day is the key to a good diet, keeps up the metabolism.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    My problem is on working days I can only eat twice, so I gotta make it good. Not having goodies is killing me, but I think my body is getting used to the shock lol.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    Protein Shake my friend, in replace of 2 meals a day.. you are set to go.
    Gatorade can also do the trick because of the carbs it has.
    Carbs will fill you up and make you feel less hungry, etc..

    Also, you can try to do the special K cereal challenge. 2 weeks, 2 bowls of cereal a day (for 2 of ur meals).
    Also, go to the library and get the book, the WARRIOR DIET. It will shed the weight off you, but it consist of pretty much drinking water and eating fruits/veggies throughout the day. Then one big meal in the evening, but you have to eat the food in a certain order, and then desert if you have room. Something to that extent.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    Been doing Gatorade, and love Special K.

    Thanks for the info man.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    yeah man, i've found out that if you are hungry and drink one of the good sized bottles of gatorade, problem solved..

  7. #7
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    Eating 4-5 times a day is the key to a good diet, keeps up the metabolism = false

    Keeping a constant elevation of calories in the blood stream will up regulate synthesis of fats in the body (I will profess I don't know much but I'm studying that RIGHT now). Our professors dispelled that myth yesterday.

    They tested this first in bears, and it's been shown in humans. Eating moderate portions for meals is key (I don't know calorie amounts just basics). Eating a healthy breakfast is key because that will keep your metabolism up for the whole day.

    Snacking (whether its healthy foods or not) will not help you lose weight. So once you know how many calories you want to eat in a day, divide those up accordingly, don't spread them out.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    You are studying this and I am not, but I think the extra meals are to prevent binge eating rather than losing weight. Spreading your caloric intake out over a longer period of time is better than taking it all in at once. I had never heard of the metabolic rate increasing due to more meals. Just what I have always been told.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    It's my opinion that Americans in general simply eat too many processed foods, processed sugar & white flour. Not enough whole grains, fruits & veggies, lean meats. Everything is breaded & fried, enhanced with sugars, too much soda, etc. We made the decision some time ago to remove unhealthy foods from our house. We've not purchased sodas in months.

    Add to that, a large number of overweight people try to blame something else, anything else for their weight issue. Gotta have surgery. Can't lose weight without surgery. You know what the surgery does? Restricts food intake & absorption. In a nutshell, you eat less with the privilege of feeling full. It's surgical willpower.

    Granted there are some that are morbidly obese that need drastic measures or die - they've gone too far to help themselves anymore, but the rest I don't understand.

    How many other countries do you see this issue in? Not many. American Samoa has the issue.. not many others. Americans are just too stuck on convenience foods.

    I see elementary school kids walking around with a 20 oz coke in their hands all day. You'd think their world ended if you gave them water to drink.

    Then you have some parents saying "well my kid doesn't drink pop I give him/her juice." That's no better. A kid needs only 8 ounces or less of fruit juice a day. The rest is unnecessary calories and the sugar will still rot teeth.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •