Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Dieting

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Dieting

    SUCKS!

    I am doing the South Beach diet. I am down from 250 to 231, but want to lose at least 20 more or so. Lord, I miss those sweets and that Coca-Cola. The diet is a good deal if you are carnivore extreme, but I like bread n taters. Anybody out there besides me going through this agony?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    Been through it. I did my own variation of a diet. I went from 216 (heaviest I've been), down to 191. Now I'm stuck in the point where I can't seem to drop anymore weight and still keep my "gut".
    But secret to every diet, is moderation. You dont have to eat those exact foods in The SouthBeach Diet.
    Just exercise, and not eat such big amounts of foods. Bake, rather than fry. Fruits and Veggies for a snack instead of sweets. Eating 4-5 times a day is the key to a good diet, keeps up the metabolism.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    My problem is on working days I can only eat twice, so I gotta make it good. Not having goodies is killing me, but I think my body is getting used to the shock lol.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    Protein Shake my friend, in replace of 2 meals a day.. you are set to go.
    Gatorade can also do the trick because of the carbs it has.
    Carbs will fill you up and make you feel less hungry, etc..

    Also, you can try to do the special K cereal challenge. 2 weeks, 2 bowls of cereal a day (for 2 of ur meals).
    Also, go to the library and get the book, the WARRIOR DIET. It will shed the weight off you, but it consist of pretty much drinking water and eating fruits/veggies throughout the day. Then one big meal in the evening, but you have to eat the food in a certain order, and then desert if you have room. Something to that extent.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    Been doing Gatorade, and love Special K.

    Thanks for the info man.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    yeah man, i've found out that if you are hungry and drink one of the good sized bottles of gatorade, problem solved..

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    Amen to the protein shakes. Whey protein supposedly has fewer calories and helps burn fat. I've given up eating meat for awhile. I, too, am an extreme carnivore. But, I also understand that the numbers will play tricks on you. I love lifting weights, so my weight will always be higher. Muscle weighs more than fat. I would also encourage you to begin a regular exercise program with lots of flexibility and an emphasis on cardio. The intensity of my cardio workout has dropped, because I have arthritis in my knee, but I still do 7.15 miles in 20 minutes at levels 2 and three on a stationary bike. I plan on trying to add a few other things. But, whatever you do, DON'T STOP EATING! Everything in moderation, more meals and smaller portions, lots of water, and exercise. Keep up the great work!!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    once again.. muscle weighs more than fat.. not true...
    1 pound of muscle is equal to 1 pound of fat... it's 1 pound! haha..

    If you have a a 210lb person of rock hard muscle, they will have less body mass, than someone who is 210lb's of fat.
    It's that fat makes up more body mass, doesn't weigh more.
    like you have a pound of chicken, and a pound of hamburger, it's the same, it's a pound

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    I stand corrected and yes, I fell for the old one lb.equals one lb. bit. Happens all the time. I should have said that fat has more bulk than muscle.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dieting

    the warrior diet works, shane introduced me to that
    as well as the protein shakes, uncle lost all kinds of weight doin that
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •