Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: PS3

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    Cool, thanks for the info. I don;t think I will be rushing out anytime soon but sometime I'm gonna get a PS3 and doubt I will have any cash left over to buy many games right off the bat.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    Another question....I've never actually hooked my PS2 up online...is this a big deal or do I just plug my DSL ethernet cord right into the back of my PS2 and go? (i have the small version of the PS2). I have been dying to get online and play NCAA07 and Madden07.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  3. #23
    Inactive Member JFDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    399
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    [ QUOTE ]
    Another question....I've never actually hooked my PS2 up online...is this a big deal or do I just plug my DSL ethernet cord right into the back of my PS2 and go? (i have the small version of the PS2). I have been dying to get online and play NCAA07 and Madden07.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well, I have one of the older, larger PS2's and I have an adaptor hooked plugged into my PS2. Since you have the smaller version and it's updated, all you have to do is plug in your internet to the back of it.

    Go online and set up your account...IT'S FREE!
    Unlike XBOX...where you pay!

    It will ask if you want to pay $2.00 for your membership or have ESPN sponsor you...uhmmmm I don't know one person who has paid for it! haha

    IT'S EASY! I will say DSL isn't the best but it does work .. you MAY experience some lag but it will work for ya.

    ENJOY!
    [img]http://www.bristolvaschools.org/vhs/images/bearcat.jpg[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Xknight52's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    I want a PS3 but I think I'm gonna get a Xbox 360. The 20GB..
    [IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    [ QUOTE ]
    I will say DSL isn't the best but it does work .. you MAY experience some lag but it will work for ya.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Thanks for the info. Ive had DSL for years and its faster than any Cable connection I have ever had. Also, I have never had one intereuption in service...EVER. Is the lag a compatibility problem with DSL and PS2?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  6. #26
    Inactive Member JFDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    399
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    [ QUOTE ]

    Thanks for the info. Ive had DSL for years and its faster than any Cable connection I have ever had. Also, I have never had one intereuption in service...EVER. Is the lag a compatibility problem with DSL and PS2?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yea I have had DSL as well and never had problem with basic internet per say, but with the online gaming I had a lot of disconnects and horrible lag.

    I've had cable for the past 2-3 years and rarely have any trouble. I will say EA and their servers aren't the best either. But it depends on what games you play from what I have heard.
    For example, if your playing Madden you rarely have any trouble connecting to people but if your playing NCAA 2007, sometimes it will show you and the other person as having perfect connections and you can't connect!

    WIERD I KNOW!
    [img]http://www.bristolvaschools.org/vhs/images/bearcat.jpg[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •