Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Borat

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Borat

    Purchased it tonight (er, last night) hoping for it to be as good as most people had made it out to be.

    Terrible movie, extremely overrated, very disgraceful and goes too far in several parts. I haven't laughed once. It's just stupid. Don't waste your time with this one.
    Officially retired

  2. #2
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Borat

    i liked it.

    come on now, didn't laugh once?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Borat

    A few parts were somewhat humorous but I can't say I ever truly "laughed" once. I have said "WTF?" quite a few times, though, such as when he's breaking all of the stuff in the antique store.

    I laughed a lot more at movies such as Jacka** and even Jacka** 2 (two VERY ridiculous movies) but this one isn't doing much for me.

    Surely someone else feels the same way. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Borat

    i have always liked the ali g show and all three of sacha baron cohen's characters, so i guess im biased. anyway, i think he is a genius.

    i can see how some people would find it distasteful or boring, but i can't understand why you think [censored] is better.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Borat

    Yeah, the "distasteful/boring" part sounds about right for my description. The movie is well made and has some neat parts in it, but for the MOST PART I think it sucks.

    As for why I think Jacka**/Jacka** 2 are funnier: I'm not exactly sure why .. I just prefer the "extreme accidents" humor as opposed to the type of humor on Borat, which is beyond my ability to describe. It's just a bunch of mostly boring stunts/things that purposely try to be offensive and stupid. It just isn't working for me.
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Borat

    I think Borat was hilarious...I mean its REAL comedy even though hes playing a character. Yeah some of it was setup, obviously.

    Yes, I do however think in some areas they went a little too far, a little over the top. Though the whole shock value of some of those parts was worth seeing. If you are easily offended, then this movie isn't for you.

    I think that certain people can enjoy all types of comedy though, whether it be dark comedy, smart comedy, gross comedy or just plain stupid comedy. Though there is always though people that completely miss the punchline.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member gchsajs's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2006
    Posts
    1,118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Borat

    I loved it, i thought it was really original ive never seen anything like it. The part were he goes to Salem, VA and goes to the rodeo, were he spouts stuff out like "May Goerge Bush drink the blood of every man, woman, and child in IRAQ" that was so over the top and i couldnt belive he would say that stuff to all those people, i couldnt stop laughing at the movie, but yeah it was offensive.
    [url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Borat

    I've watched up to the Humor Coach and so far it's stupid, not one laugh. I'll finish it up today and hopefully it'll get better

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Borat

    Truly funny, he plays on every stereotype, he leaves no one left out. Being a Jewish man himself, makes it even funnier. Laugh at ourselves people, we take to much to heart these days. Its just funny, most people who dont comedy like that and that of Dave CHappelle, see themselves in the comedy and realize how they really are.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Borat

    Cohen is speaking Hebrew when he goes to gibbering words we can't understand. They said the audience in Israel loved the movie cuz when he speaks in Hebrew he is spouting jokes and insults only they could understand. I loved the movie..saw it in theaters and i laughed til i couldn't breathe.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •