Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Gustav

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gustav

    As for the lives lost and injured, they were warned well enough in advance to get out of there. They also had an inept mayor that contributed to the disaster. Sad to see so many lose so much, but that's a risk you're going to take in an area that you already know is prone to natural disaster.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  2. #22
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gustav

    New Orleans is a cesspool...but that place is one hell of a party.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #23
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gustav

    NSSB is one of the better posters on the board.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gustav

    Hey lets all go live below sea level right next to the ocean. Yeah, that seems like a brilliant idea.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gustav

    And when all our homes are destoyed in flooding we'll come right back and do it all over again!

    At least some folks realized it just didn't make sense to build below sea level again after that.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gustav

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is why everyone thinks you're a genuine retard. Why even bother posting? No one gives a damn what you have ever had to say? You're doing nothing but wasting your time.</div></div>

    You and your boyfriend (assrapist13) aren't everyone.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">genuine retard </div></div>

    = Mr. 13.

    I have friends that live in NO. It's a great town that needs to be moved. It's a city THAT'S BELOW SEA LEVEL, THAT'S BASICALLY NEXT DOOR TO THE SEA!!!!!!!!! You comprehend that right?

    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #27
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gustav

    No [censored]?
    Does that mean that the city deserved what happened?
    Maybe I'll just say that hopefully, and with a little pinch of luck, we'll get a couple more suicide bombers just to finish that there ole pentagon off. Why? Because I'm NSSB and want attention. That was a bullshit remark and you know it.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gustav

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does that mean that the city deserved what happened? </div></div>

    If you build a house in the middle of a forest fire, do you think you deserve for your house to burn?
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  9. #29
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gustav

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does that mean that the city deserved what happened? </div></div>

    If you build a house in the middle of a forest fire, do you think you deserve for your house to burn?</div></div>

    So everyone who died deserved it as well as the homeless and ones who lost family? Ya know, I just want to clear this up. So did they deserve it?
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gustav

    They chose to conscientiously live beneath sea level, to ignore the warnings to evacuate the city, so yes, I think they probably deserved it. I believe a reaction exists for every possible action. I feel deep sorrow for them, but the handwriting was on the wall, and they chose to ignore it.`

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •