Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 541

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    541

    can you guess what this number represents???

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 541

    Your electric bill?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 541

    aww I was hoping someone wouldn't guess it right off the bat LOL!!! Yeah its my electric bill, I just got it today

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 541

    You are certainly handling it a lot better than I would be, however, there is not too much you can do about it at the moment. I suppose there wouldn't be much use to getting mad for too long.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 541

    Actually I am fuming but anytime things irritate me I try to laugh it off. Its insane the rates they are charging and I hope they sleep well at night knowing people can't pay their electric bill or have to choose between food,meds,and lights. They make me freakin sick!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 541

    i dont understand how a 30% rate increase is causing this much damage, there is something more going on here. im not calling conspiracy or anything. but if your bill averaged 100 dollars a month the 30% increase would only raise it 30 dollars. i think the whole "charging for 45 days of electricity" is whats killing people.
    Cant we all just get along?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 541

    was it an actual reading or was it an estimated reading? mine was an actual reading and was about where I would have expected it to be.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 541

    heres what it said:
    actual reading - 01/25 99807
    previous reading on 12/23 92855
    current kwH Usage 6952
    meter multiplier 1
    metered kwH Usage 6952

    number of days billed 33

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 541

    They have now scaled their rate increase request down to about 19 or 20% per today's paper. I think they realized they weren't going to get 31%. But for now the 31% increase is still in effect. When whatever increase they get is approved they will have to make up the over-pay + interest.

    As I said on the other thread the price increase comparison that they sent out back in December showed them with significant rate increases for the past 25 years. So by their own admission the "no rate increases in the past 25 years" claim is bogus. Probably a word play having to do with "base rate" increase. Also, as I pointed out on the other thread, the increase shown on their own price comparison plus the 31% they were originally asking for combined to make their power rate increase higher than the increase in gasoline prices for the same time period.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 541

    Last month, in the 40-day billing cycle our usage was $311. This round, a 29-day billing cycle our usage is $318 - actual readings. (Fortunately am on the budget plan, so I have until October to make up the difference somehow.) We use a lot of electricity-conserving measures in this house, not too sure what else to cut out to be honest. Need the heat.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •