Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: School Consolidation Press Conference

All the people I talk to in Norton are totally against coming in with wise county. They have a good school system and will gain students which= more state funding. All Norton has to do is sit back and laugh at this mess. State funds are coming! Why get in a MESS ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only people in Norton looking to get involved is Ron McCall, he done has his back door deals going on, but 4 other boards members are against it. One has told me personally that County is only looking to take on 45% of our debt and about a 1/3 of the school system staff, so why would we even gt involved in that at all no win for citizens of Norton.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What's so funny is that Big Stones rep on the school board voted to close PV and all the other schools and it was Appy and Pounds rep who voted against it. It was BSG 2 reps who started this whole mess a few years ago when they voted to shut Appy Pound and St. Paul. It was only when PV was going to close was when one changed her vote. She has flipped flopped on issues like her husband.
    [img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/chilo0907/obama.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/fanofreed41/obama_button.png[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    I didn't read the whole thing and was just going off of the quotes posted. As such what I said would stand because he didn't say, "the laws states".......he said "it is my opinion". What Luntsford said was that he wouldn't vote for any plan that didn't include a gym for Appy primary. So they could stick that rider onto any of the proposed options 2-1, 3-1, 3-3 whatever and he would vote for it.

Do you mean many SP students would go to CW or that they do now? Just a little FWI at least 50-60% of SP's current enrollment live in Russell County and should be going to CW anyway.
    You are working under the assumption that the board of supervisors and school board work in the same fashion that Congress and the Senate do. I personally do not believe that to be true. As for the Saint Paul, Castlewood school attendance issue, numerous students attend both schools that should attend the other.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know I read that Norton is still undecided, but why would they merge, too? What's the benefit to them, esp. if they'd get more state $ by staying indy and adding some transfers?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And can ANYBODY say for sure what the deal is for Fall, 2011 right now?
    Will Appy be open? Will they play football?
    Same for Pound & Coeburn, please.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All Wise County High Schools except St'Paul will be opened for another 2 years then closed. Football contracts have already been signed for the 2 years. To break these contracts each school would have to pay the teams scheduled 500.00 to break it.
    [img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/chilo0907/obama.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/fanofreed41/obama_button.png[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA MAN View Post
    All the people I talk to in Norton are totally against coming in with wise county. They have a good school system and will gain students which= more state funding. All Norton has to do is sit back and laugh at this mess. State funds are coming! Why get in a MESS ?

I have no clue what Norton will end up doing HOWEVER it will be interesting how transfers will be handeled since the extra money provided by the state will not cover the full per student cost of the new students so eather City resadents will pick up the tab or JIB will charge tuition.....I think Burton will go the tuition route which will affect many peoples dission

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dawgman View Post
    All Wise County High Schools except St'Paul will be opened for another 2 years then closed. Football contracts have already been signed for the 2 years. To break these contracts each school would have to pay the teams scheduled 500.00 to break it.
    I agree I THINK the schools will stay as is for at least the next 2 years after that who knows

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What extra student costs are you talking about counts?