Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: McCain

  1. #21
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So we should cut the aid to other countries to help pay for the death of our soliders and others in another? </div></div>


    Sure. Whats wrong with that? Your the one saying we don't take care of our own enough. So, you shouldn't have a problem with that.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #22
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain

    Ive never said that we should be JUST be taking care of our own, you wont find that post. There are plenty of people over here that need our help and yes absolutely they should be first, but I am not going to complain if we help another country also. I am just failing completely to get how it is better to fund a war which is pointless then to help some other country. You dont lose over 4,000 of our own helping another country whether it be with food or money. Or how about use the money for the war in Afghanistan? Or take the troops in Iraq and move them there? I dont know the exact number, id have to look it up but I think that the # of troops in Iraq outweigh the # in Afghanistan by a lot! and to me that makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain

    I didn't say you said we should just help those here, but as you said above, that should be the first priority in your mind. Of course, I am sure that Iraq is of absolutely no help to those that live there either. Sure seems to be a lot of double talk.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #24
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You dont lose over 4,000 of our own helping another country whether it be with food or money. </div></div>

    Did you ever pay attention in history class. We only lost 405399 in WWII which we were brought into as a direct result of helping another country with food and money. The reason we were attacked by the japs was as a result of our giving aid to Europe.

    Where is all your uproar over this senseless war. It isn't that much different from this one.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain

    ...the japs got to us because we refused to heed warnings...and they wanted the Phillapines. But our current war is senseless.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #26
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: McCain

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You dont lose over 4,000 of our own helping another country whether it be with food or money. </div></div>

    Did you ever pay attention in history class. We only lost 405399 in WWII which we were brought into as a direct result of helping another country with food and money. The reason we were attacked by the japs was as a result of our giving aid to Europe.

    Where is all your uproar over this senseless war. It isn't that much different from this one.
    </div></div>
    Gee, your history is diffenent from the real stuff. Japan started way to soon. Germany didn't even want to consider the US till the navy was done in 45. The Japs wanted the natural resources and a free hand in their ocean.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain

    I am just relaying what I was taught by Prof. Costa at UVAwise. That the germans and japanese both were upset with the US for giving aid to the Europeans and nothing to them while maintaining a neutral stance. They saw it as not being neutral.

    I guess I shouldn't have made it sound like that was the only reason we were attacked but it was part of it.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain

    Since WWI, even if the USA proclaimed to be neutral, they were still funding and helping the Brits...and threatening to enter conflicts if the opposition tried to put an end to the aid.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #29
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain

    WWII isnt much different than Iraq? Thats a good one.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WWII isnt much different than Iraq? Thats a good one. </div></div>

    By your reasoning it isn't. Our participation in oth were a result of an attack on us on our soil and for some of the same reasons
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •