Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use the ziplock system, except now most of the ziplock bags go into large Rubbermaid tubs that are not (yet) labeled and systemized. So when I am looking for a doll outfit, its sort of like going through the laundry that just got out of the dryer--dump everything out and try and find it, LOL!

One day I am going to have a nice block of time to organize our doll collection, and put things where they belong.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 30, 2005 01:43 PM: Message edited by: 4liesel ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've mentioned this before. I use tension cafe curtain rods in a linen closet in front of the shelves. They are the perfect diameter for the AG hangers. I store the accessories (including hat)in a ziplock bag, punch a hole, thread a rubber band and attach to hanger. I have over 150 outfits. Everything stays together and is kept clean. I use the shelves for the large items (such as skis, etc) I also keep an alphabetical inventory list per time period.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

At the moment, I use six of the big flat rubbermaid boxes under my bed. Of course I also use Sam's and Josie's trunks. That's just for clothes though. All my furniture is currently being stored in this weird closet my parents' house has because we're trying to restore the house, and when it's done, there'll be a doll room. The rubbermaids work great though. I label the top, and in good years, there's a list taped to the top with the inventory. I like my system, lol, it works well. The hats fit just fine, and it fits neatly under the bed!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

4liesel thats a good idea... ziplocs with the rubbermaid tubs.. that way you can easily store it if they will fit under your bed and the ziploc bags keep the clothes from getting dirty,musty, spider holes, etc... I should buy some rubbermaid containers next time I go shopping!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123