Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I had to file a paypal complaint on my Kailey doll...HELP! I need a 3rd party opinion

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a pain! I agree, you should have gotten a partial refund. I didn't read this thread when my name was mentioned for help, but if you or anyone else needs something like this in the future, just e-mail or PM me pictures! I'll be happy to throw my logo at the top of a word document and write it my "professional opinion" LOL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MissMooMoo is right, Paypal did find in my favor...

The problem now is that I am to send the doll back to the seller for a refund AFTER the seller examines and concurs the condition of the doll! Oh and I would be out shipping.... The seller has already proven herself to be dishonest so I would NOT trust her to issue me a refund if I *did* send the doll back to her UGH... All I wanted was a partial refund to help with the cost of getting a new head for Kailey [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] but PayPal doesnt do that and the seller has refused to answer any of my emails.

So at this time I have decided to keep the doll and attempt to restore her as well as pay for a new head via AG, oh and NOT buy a used doll off of ebay again [img]confused.gif[/img] this has been to much of an ordeal. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Thanks for asking!

LordofthePumpkinPatch

Originally posted by Homemommie:

So at this time I have decided to keep the doll and attempt to restore her as well as pay for a new head via AG
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good idea! I wouldn't send the doll back either under those circumstances! Maybe if you put so much more into making her all pretty again, she might be even more special to you!
    That was a real mess! Ebay can be a scary place... [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is too bad Homemommie!!! Paypal didn't really do anything to help, it doesn't seem fair the way it turned out for you. She should have listed the ink marks and braces and let people decide if they still want to buy her. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The saddest part of it all is that the seller didn't mention the flaws in the auction... MANY people would have been THRILLED with a flawed one for $100....Instead you have two unhappy people (sigh).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's it exactly! HAd it been listed then that would be one thing ... but she represented it as something it wasnt and even admitted that in email [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

She should have listed the ink marks and braces and let people decide if they still want to buy her
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree. If the flaws had been listed then this wouldnt have been a big deal. The fact that she willfully hid the flaws is what I have an issue with.

*sigh* I'm afraid no one is happy with the outcome of this.
    [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are so right about listing the flaws on e-Bay. I have purchased flawed things and used them for parts. I have sold flawed things and had happy buyers. You never know what people want to do with the items they bid on. The important thing is to be honest.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The saddest part of it all is that the seller didn't mention the flaws in the auction. Since MIB Kaileys are going for $200-$250 now... MANY people would have been THRILLED with a flawed one for $100. They would have thought "$100 plus $38 for a new head... hey.. this is GREAT!"

Instead you have two unhappy people (sigh).

Mary Kate

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234