Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we not respect other opinions here?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks, Andy! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by macabeee:

And Pepsi and Coke suck too. Faygo all the way!!

[img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font size="1">(for those of you not from the Midwestern US Faygo makes knock off sodas that cost about half of what Coke and Pepsi do)</font>

<font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ March 16, 2005 03:45 PM: Message edited by: macabeee ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">faygo? ewwwww. I had some once when I was working at gamehell. the manager bought a bunch to give to people who came to the midnight release of Halo 2. god, that shit is nasty.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mortitia:
    i agree to disagree that everyone here sucks... including me [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like the way you think! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AcroPeek:
    thanks, Andy! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No prob, Peeks. [img]wink.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL!

Inactive Member Halitosis Crunch's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why is there such a fear of conflict? I don't understand this taboo. If people want to fight, let them fight. It's a meaningless attempt at forcing people to be friendly. Nobody is forced to view it, and if you get PM's complaining, blame the people who are sending them, not the people fighting.

One of the great things about the internet, and forums in general, is the chance to utilize free speech. Nobody is forced to play dirty, and nobody should be forced to play nice.

Conflict is what drives debates. Just because it gets ugly doesn't mean it isn't valid.

It's sad that people have become so jaded and brainwashed into thinking talking about politics and religion or getting into debates/fights is taboo.

It comes down to freedom of choice, which everyone should have the right to excersize.

ALot of times these thread's get locked and nobody can make their peace, which creates a ripple effect where it just gets spread around. If these threads were'nt locked, then there wouldn't be such a need for propagating it.

People will have opinions of situations, things, and other's regardless of whatever precautions you might take. It's a nice sentiment, but it only increases the strife. Let it work itself out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Why oh why is it ok for most of us that the mods here or anywhere else exercise censorship as a means to keep things civil and "clean" and user friendly, yet have openly attacked the actions of the FCC in the last year?

Who would care to define the difference of standards for me? Anyone?

That would be my only point, but as I was typing I thought of this: Doesn't this forum, this community, this very core group of virtual friends exist solely because we are - in general - able to co-exist peacefully and maturely look past our differences, grievances, and mutual ignorance for the sake of having our own place to share our common interests? Am I the only one to have observed that despite our disagreements, bitter contempt, and insane melodrama, we're all still here - as friends with friendly bouts of anger and healthy doses of chaos - much the way we've been for the better part of a decade? Further, did anyone who has moved on do so because they were offended?

Just wondering.

Inactive Member Halitosis Crunch's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree. I have criticized and been criticized by those I consider my friends.

I don't think conflict is an unhealthy thing. We may get upset here and there, but it's nothing to worry about.

When things get too ugly, leave, or say what you have to. It's just that simple.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Freedom of speech. The right to bare arms. They should only be given to those with an I.Q. high enough to utilize them properly.

I used to be against censorship... but then I took a good look at humanity and realized its state of rapid decline.

Lock away!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very seldom do I lock a thread. I did lock Porthos' at his request. Since he was the topic starter, there was that option or him deleting the entire post.

I'm actually all in favor for lively discussion even if I don't agree with it. As long as it's well thought out and written, I don't have any problems.

And I agree with HC, that sometimes it is best to continue the argument longer than some believe necessary. On occasion it's amazing how the issue resolves itself.

Now, stupidity I won't tolerate. That's strictly my domain [img]wink.gif[/img]