-
February 25th, 2001, 05:54 AM
#11
Inactive Member
On the ol' SCTV show, during the Great White North, Bob 'n' Doug called Canadian bacon "back bacon", if that's of any help.
-
February 26th, 2001, 02:36 AM
#12
Inactive Member
Ah I see...it's all falling into place.
-
February 26th, 2001, 06:10 AM
#13
Jaxom 27
Guest
You mean you guys missed it? It was out Wednesday last...
------------------
Ponte facto, Caesar transit.
-
February 26th, 2001, 05:02 PM
#14
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tyledras:
*starts humming the South Park tune, to annoy all her Canadian friends on the board*
heheheh
all in good fun guys! I swear!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Heh, most Canadians, myself included, love that song. Exposing ourselves to shameless mocking is popular up here. The average US citizen tends to be a little more touchy when it comes to making fun of their country, fanatical patriotism and all (no, not trying to start a CAN vs. US flame-war! Just pointing out that I don't see enough of the US mocking itself...It's usually us and the rest of the world that does that).
Mmm, "Child of Rage" was a beautiful, dark little book. I love when us TPB-only people are caught up like this...The rare time I can hang around these boards. Just wanted everyone to know that I've enjoyed reading all your thoughts and that I really can't contribute anything because it's all been said!...until the next issue at least...
Now, just gotta track down that #33 summer fun issue...
-
February 27th, 2001, 01:05 AM
#15
Inactive Member
hey anyone want to lend me 15.95? I'm a little short on cash right now... :P
-
February 27th, 2001, 12:50 PM
#16
Inactive Member
Sure Lil Mel, but I'm afraid I'd have to put you on the 'Tambi Baker Intrest Plan'...
So you probably would just rather wait 
Darth
------------------
If you're really a Goth
Where were you when we sacked Rome?
-
March 2nd, 2001, 05:24 AM
#17
Inactive Member
Yay! I ordered it a couple of days ago, it should be here any day now. It useualy only take like 3 or 4 days for it to come. My kidneys quiver with aniticipation! Oh and by the way, on a completely unrelated topic, I have a headache. Just thought I'd share
-
March 2nd, 2001, 06:18 AM
#18
Inactive Member
-
March 3rd, 2001, 08:24 AM
#19
Inactive Member
Actually, we got reality shows from Europe, and in true American fashion, we made them BIGGER and spent more money one them. They still suck tho.....
Anne, I salute your use of irony quoting one piece of mass market teen culture to knock on another one! See, we can make fun of ourselves, heck, the Blame Canada Song and the whole South Park movies was a very large laugh at ourselves.
To the rest of the world I say this: leave making fun of stupid Americans to us(the rest of the Americans) We are the experts-trust us 
In Darth We Trust!
-
March 4th, 2001, 05:22 AM
#20
Inactive Member
*hugs Anne860, just because*
Woo hoo, lil mel! Nothing like SiP, eh?
We Canadians are just plain funny. What else are you going to do when it's -40? We sit around and laugh at ourselves.
minkzie (my gf#2) is reading the TPBs! She just finished "Immortal Enemies", she's hooked but good!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks