Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Sad

  1. #21
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:
    Roger, don't be so shy, you were DIRECTLY involved in my banning on both super-8 forums
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Wrong. Why don't you ask the moderators of those two forums? I have. Mike doesn't feel I was responsible for your banning and neither does Andreas. In fact, you keep focusing on me simply because I'm visible and an easy target for your jealously but the truth is that I happened to BE on the two super 8 forums that you were banned from, along with a lot of other people that found your presence uncomfortable, and I WASN'T on a third, non-super 8 forum that you were ALSO banned from. Again, the ONLY common denominator for all three forums that you were banned from is YOU, Alex.

    Of course, this is just a classic Alex smoke screen to keep from talking about how he interfered in Matt Pacini's ebay auction.

    Originally posted by Alex:
    All you do by constantly bringing it up is prove my point that you put your nose where it doesn't belong, then go around accusing others of putting their nose where it doesn't belong.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">But, Alex, you DID put your nose where it didn't belong! Are you saying that you DIDN'T interfere in Matt Pacnini's ebay auction? That's not an accusation. That's a provable fact and you simply will not do the right thing and admit to your transgression and apologize.

    Originally posted by Alex:
    Without your "involvement" I'd still be posting on both of those forums.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">That's not what the moderator's say and, again, I wasn't even present on the third forum you were banned from. Again, your sophistry is showing.

    Originally posted by Alex:
    Andreas clearly alluded that my signature link to this forum made him uncomfortable. The exclusion tactic that both Andreas and Mike used has simply proved that they are not stewards of their forums but jealous boys who have not done the best thing for Super-8, and, they couldn't have done it without you.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Oh yeah. Andreas and Mike are SOOOOO jealous of Alex. What a laugh.

    BTW: Why did you interfere in Matt Pacini's ebay auction?

  2. #22
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cameraguy, don't trivialize what you did. And it will be brought up EVERYTIME someone complains because they can't edit their post.

    What a piece of unfinished work you turned out to be.

  3. #23
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Roger,

    I doubt either Mike or Andreas is going to put blame at your feet after they've banned me. Dude, deny it all you want, you have harmed these Super-8 forums even as you helped the same Super-8 community with your workprinter. But your arrogance towards me was not befitting someone who is "supposed" to have stature and significance in the Super-8 community, and that you'll have to wrestle with.

    One positive, two negatives, and once more, you were directly involved in my bannings.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:
    Cameraguy, don't trivialize what you did. And it will be brought up EVERYTIME someone complains because they can't edit their post.

    What a piece of unfinished work you turned out to be.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Flame bait snipped. Ploink!

  5. #25
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Whatever. You really don't get it.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:
    Cameraguy, don't trivialize what you did. And it will be brought up EVERYTIME someone complains because they can't edit their post.

    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Fine me too then

    see new post

  7. #27
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:

    Repeating over and over about my being banned just proves your lust for scarlet lettering people. The fact that I was unfairly banned and that you were directly involved on both Super-8 forum bannings just means your use of it now is disingenous.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">No, this is disingenuous: Ignoring the fact that being banned from THREE different forums actually means more about YOU than it does the people that banned you. You couldn't buy a clue.

    Originally posted by Alex:
    You've never acknowledged that Brantley's forum flourished before you arrived, when I was the heaviest contributor on the forum, and has since languished after I left and you and Matt ran the show.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">And you've never acknowledged that you run the show here and it suks worse than when Matt I were on Mike's forum. Matt and I have been virtually absent from this forum for the last year and this forum has gone nowhere. If your presence and our lack of interference was really the key, then your forum would be rockin'. Instead, all I see is that the recent presence of Matt and I has brought you more viewers than ever before. Things weren't happening at Mike's forum because of YOU, Alex. How egotistical can you get.

    Originally posted by Alex:
    What you also fail to realize is many people just avoid these super-8 forums altogether because they realize you put friendship over stewardship, and those who put forum stewardship over forum friendship such as myself get shiit on big time.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">You are 100% correct. I put friendship over forums any day of the week. You should try it. Oh, that's right, you can't.

    Originally posted by Alex:
    People shouldn't be FORCED to be everyone's friend to post on these forums
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">And no one should be FORCED to respect you just to post on this forum when that respect hasn't been earned. Interfering in Matt's auction was bad enough. But then you try to rationalize your actions so much that it just makes what you did seem all the more premeditated. What's to respect in that?

    Originally posted by Alex:
    and I blame you for fostering and creating cliqueness wherever you go.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">If you define "cliqueness" as a group of people that find you irrational and unethical, then you're right. However, I don't create that common bond between people. You do. In fact, you've done it on three different forums, one of which I don't even belong and have never posted on.

    So much for your theory about my influence.

    Originally posted by Alex:
    You just can't blend in.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Oh, man. You really are clueless, aren't you.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:
    Roger, I doubt either Mike or Andreas is going to put blame at your feet after they've banned me.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Gee, why not, Alex?

    If I'm at fault for "ruining their super 8 forums" like you say, then I would think they'd be mad as **** at me and would want the world to know. Too bad for your theory that they don't feel that way. A damned inconvenience for you at such a critical time in your exposition. Must be frustrating.

    See, this is the problem, Alex. You would like people to believe that you are smart, logical and honest but then you present such an unquestionable display of obtuse illogic and intellectual dishonesty that you cut your self short by your own writings

    For example:

    You recently made up an "enemies list" of people that you hate by implying that, because they are my customers, then they have some sort of aligiance to me or some nonsense. When faced with the fact that there were ALSO some "enemies" that WEREN'T my customers, you then included those under the ridiculous idea that they WANTED to be my customers. How convenient; anyone that already owns one of my products is an enemy and those that don't own one of my products (but disagrees with you, anyway) must therefore WANT to own one of my products. Such sophistic reasoning lets you include anyone or everyone in this paranoid conspiracy you've dreamed up.

    Likewise, you blame ME for getting banned from two forums but don't want to talk about the THIRD forum that you got banned from that I had nothing to do with and never posted on once in my life. Your blatant sophistry ignores this fact because, again, it doesn't dovetail into your ongoing conspiracy theory that I somehow control all the forums that you've been banned from. If you were REALLY logical, smart and honest, then you would admit that the ONLY common denominator between all three forums is YOU and, therefore, YOU are the common problem, not me.

    And, finally, you CLAIM that I am resposible for you getting banned from -and ruining- Mike's and Andreas's super 8 forums but then you clearly admit that they won't blame me. Why wouldn't they? More of my Jedi mind powers at work, Alex?

    Or could the more logical, smart and honest individual realize that, again, it was YOU that caused your own problems and that they banned you because of their OWN reasons which had nothing to do with me? After all, I was HARDLY the ONLY person that you disgreed with on those two forums and, let us not forget, you were also banned from a third forum that NO ONE on your "enemies list" ever posted on or had anything to do with.

    Likwise, Matt's auction would have gone without any problems UNTIL you interfered by sending a link to an old post the you admit you knew wasn't updated. But how did you know it wasn't updated? Well, because it said something different that his ebay ad, which clearly stated that the camera worked fine. While you can rationalize all you want about why Matt SHOULD have updated his old post on the condition of the camera, you CAN'T ignore the fact his ad stated the condition of the camera, plain as day. As such, the condition of the camera WAS effectively updated, though not on Hostboard as YOU would have preferred. Now, the smart, logical and honest person would admit that they overstepped their bounds and interferred in someone else's business affairs. The REASON you did it isn't as important as the fact that you did it and didn't think you'd get caught, which only negates your credibility as a smart, logical and honest person.

    Are you smart, logical and honest, Alex? If so, how can you continue to promote such sophistic reasoning in the face of such obvious facts?

    Originally posted by Alex:
    Dude, deny it all you want, you have harmed these Super-8 forums even as you helped the same Super-8 community with your workprinter.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Well, obviously I haven't harmed any forum or the moderators of those forums would have said so. As far as my workprinter goes, I find it odd that you object to my promotion of it (which I clearly don't do) yet you have mentioned it on this very forum more times in the last month than I have on the other two forums combined over the last year. I have at least two sales from your rants to thank you for because they saw you bitchin' and moaning about it and wondered what it was all about. They did a google search and found me. Again, many thanks. I could not have done it without you. As far as I'm concerned, you can continue complaining about the WorkPrinter as much as you want.

    Originally posted by Alex:
    But your arrogance towards me was not befitting someone who is "supposed" to have stature and significance in the Super-8 community, and that you'll have to wrestle with.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I can live with it for the simple reason that I don't consider myself to have "stature and significance" in the super 8 community; that's something in your head.

    So what't the difference between you and me? Well, for one, I can have lengthy and heated debates with people and still retain their respect. You, on the other hand, get pissy and throw tantrums and abuse your powers as moderator with the first sign of adversity. Ironically, you allott me far more prominance than I allott myself.

    Originally posted by Alex:
    once more, you were directly involved in my bannings.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Based on the facts, the smart, logical and honest person would obviously see otherwise, Alex. Too bad you don't.

    So why did you interfere in Matt Pacini's ebay auction?

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I have no regrets about the content of what I posted. I have regrets that I gave Brantley more credit than I should have for "doing the right thing" and being a good forum moderator. The right thing for Brantley to do would have simply been to say "both Alex and Roger are making good points, now lets get on common ground". Instead, Brantley stood on the sidelines watching like a forum spectator, counting the posts to his forum increasing with each passing day, sort of like the sleazy ticket promoter to a wrestling match.

    -------------In the final analysis, we are only responsible for ourselves not others. Brantley seems to not want to get involved.

    Originally posted by Alex:[QB]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">ha, ha. When I posted a topic post about Scott Spears feature that he DP'd, Calgodot came on here and ripped it to shreds! Then I read Calgodot just gushing over Matt Pacini's effort. But hey Chas, there is no negativity towards me or my forum, it's all in my head.

    ------------Once you get people on your case, they do tend to only look for the bad. What was it? About two weeks a go you brought to he surface a old post on the Brantley board ...proving the point that you can get along. My earlier point comes in to play hear, "if you could go back two years to the date that all this trouble started. Would you want to do everything exactly the same way, knowing the outcome?" It's hard to brake out of the typecast. It's only human nature, it might be the reason you contacted that eBay buyer. Thinking that Matt P was selling a defective camera.

    Originally posted by Alex:[QB]I tried to help Nigel once get an optical printer.I sent a couple of emails on his behalf, but the printer was not the one he needed. He never replied to me and said thanks for trying on his behalf.


    ------------ I was disappointed when I send an email to Scott Spears... but I am not holding anything against him for not answering me. I am glade hes back on posting!

    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by Greg_C:[qb] And guys I can honestly say some nice things about Alex.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">
    Originally posted by Alex:
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Your choice of the word "honestly" is VERY telling. Roger and Matt's Operation "smear Alex" works off of the "witchhunting" principle.

    ------------Hay..all I was trying to do is get everyone to lower the tetesteron levels.

    [quote]Originally posted by Greg_C:[qb]It is true he does not work full time as a filmmaker.

    Originally posted by Alex:[QB]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I disagree with that statement. I do work as a filmmaker, just not on my own films. In the last week I edited a promo for a musical that is being pitched to very very?high up name celebrities, edited a montage that was the closing video for an event honoring Jane Goodall, Shot an intro for a very high level corporate fundraising project, edited another filmmakers demo reel, made new BetaCam Sp archive masters of some classic foreign movies for DVD distribution, shot and edited 4 interviews for a DVD that is coming out in December, finished my flicker film and found a day to meet with the inventor of the pin registered Super-8 camera. I collaborate with visionaries, and I feel very lucky to do so and hope it can continue.and that's why I haven't been around much this last week.-----Sorry if it came of insulting. The attack on you for not being a filmmaker is just to get your goat, so to speak. Few of the people on all three forms are full time filmmakers. That has never stopped them from being liked or listened to. I see your video oriented business more in the film industry than most video production services. You don't do weddings. You have had a list of industry names using your services. And its mostly industry drive. .

    ------------Sorry if it came of insulting. The attack on you for not being a filmmaker is just to get your goat, so to speak. Few of the people on all three forms are full time filmmakers. That has never stopped them from being liked or listened to. I see your video oriented business more in the film industry than most video production services. You don't do weddings. You have had a list of industry names using your services. And its mostly industry drive. .


    ------------Let me go over my motives, What I have been trying to do is get people to see you in a different light. From a Marketing point of view. If a sales person was dealing with a client that did not believe the company put out a good product. The best approach would be to get the client to agree with you. Own up to the problem, and show the skeptical client how the company is now changing or addressing the issue.

    I realize you are unwilling to chances and feel that your the victim. Why should you chance? From the other peoples point of view, there perception is that you are wrong. Nothing can say will change there minds.

    Perception is reality in their minds and in yours. The only possible way to find a solution is to find some common ground that we can all start agreeing with. Everyone needs to disciple themselves to stop the harsh retoric. I can understand your anger, the problem is re stating the old stuff will not soften or change the oppinions of people who dislike you. It will only tend to polarize people. It's only human nature for newbies to see you as the enemy to be liked or approved over in the other camp.

    You know, for a while I was really proud of this form. You were doing new things keeping it fresh. New people were flowing in etc. Now the focus of the front page is all Hate Alex themes.

    How is this helping you or your board? I would like to ask you to stop the attacks and your defensive posture and I would like to ask Roger, Cal, Matt Chas, Nigel...to forgive you. And in the spirt of healing post some positive items on your forum.

  10. #30
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Greg, I find your comments off kilter from time to time.

    "My anger"? I guess that is the weirdest part of this, I'm not angry at all. I'm very clear as to what happened back then. The only kind of posts this forum has received from certain individuals are in fact angry, non-super-8 posts.

    However, your "forgive" comment is quite stupid, here's why.

    It's all about ground zero.

    Where is ground zero, when did ground zero happen?

    I say ground zero is when Roger showed up on Brantley's forum and stated "no one would shoot super-8 if they could afford 16mm".

    That was ground zero for me.

    That was the incident that started the bad blood. I had already been on Brantley's forum for 7-8 months before Roger first showed up and made the 16mm versus super-8mm statement within a very short time of being involved on Brantley's forum.

    If the situation had been reversed, and Roger had been on the forum first, he would have lit into me for being new to the forum and being so arrogant, IN THE EXACT SAME MANNER ROGER AND FRIENDS LIT INTO SYRACUSE FILM when Syracuse film first started posting there.

    If we had both arrived at the same time on Brantley's forum, then I probably would have stopped posting because I would have considered that remark endemic to the forum, and not bothered remaining on that forum.

    But because I was directly involved in the Brantley's forum for so long and had watched the forum grow before Roger arrived, I stayed and fought Roger's comment.

    So Greg, it's all about what ground zero really is. As I recall, you weren't around back then, were you?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •