Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Dreams?

  1. #11
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jocko:
    What?..this is the third time I tried to post..
    Matt,
    The Scoopic is a great little camera. the only tips I have are..check out the eyepiece adjustment setscrew..they tend to get stripped and when you rotate the eyecup, the adjustment ring moves..and get an external battery pack..other then that the camera rocks!..it was made to be used by news crews and to take the punishments..so it's a war wagon..good luck with it.

    neil


    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    (Matt Pacini responds):
    Yeah, I have trouble posting too. Sometimes, but not always, my post WILL NOT show up until the next day, no matter what! Other times, it pops up right after I leave it. This happens on the same session, too!

    Anyway, yeah, it's a cooler camera than I thought, not that I have it in my hands.
    You're right, it seems like it's built to really last. It's the Glock of cameras!
    (some of you will get that joke, some of you won't!).
    Anyway, the thing that amazes me, is that it is simpler than my Nizo 6080!
    I mean, the 6080 has far more complicated electronics inside, and mechanics.
    I've opened both up, and let me tell you, that Nizo looks like a VCR in there! Lots of electronics and a bigger circuit board than the Scoopic.
    Now I need to use all my Barney making skills (I've made about 5) and quiet this thing down!

    Matt Pacini


    ------------------

  2. #12
    Scottness
    Guest Scottness's Avatar

    Post

    Matt what's your best advice for making a barney - is there a certain type of sound absorbent foam that works well with super 8 camera sound (giving variance etc between different camera models) --- also I totally relate to what you're saying re stepping up to 16mm - I want to too - I've got an R16 - without a lense yet -- the cost of the film is the biggest drawback to me - but who knows hand developed B+W? there's got to be some way to start -- the biggest drawing points in it for me is the possibility of getting the films blown up (and still looking good) and getting them released in a cinema -- and having rolls that last for longer than 2 odd minutes! -- apart from that Super 8 is fantastic I think -- so good luck!

    --- Also Neil - any info on your feature - web page etc? - I'm always keen to see and learn from what others are doing in the same field

    \thanks

    Scot M

    ------------------

  3. #13
    Scottness
    Guest Scottness's Avatar

    Post

    By the way no dreams on Super 8 cameras yet - all my dreams seem to be about travelling and the feeling of places

    Scot M

    ------------------

  4. #14
    jocko
    Guest jocko's Avatar

    Post

    Scott,
    No webpage..my girlfriend is trying to put one together..I'm a complete idiot about computers(that's why I have webtv)
    now I need to slice up a 5min trailer to get more money for post production.I am trying to sort out all the CD's I received from an ad in a local music paper for the soundtrack(there
    are alot of talented unknown musicians around)..thanks for asking..I'll try to post how it is going..I'll tell you one thing..Matt/Roger and Scott should be proud that they pulled off a super-8 feature..mine was a nightmare in 16mm..and I'll never do it again(unless 20million and 35mm and a crew of 200 smile

    Neil


    ------------------

  5. #15
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    Funny you should mention dreams and S8...
    I had a dream a few nights ago that I was walking around the beach holding a Canon 1014-XLS...satisfied that I finally had one...

    then I woke up and saw my B&H 1238 and threw up.

    ------------------

  6. #16
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by jocko:
    [B]Scott,
    "I'll tell you one thing..Matt/Roger and Scott should be proud that they pulled off a super-8 feature..mine was a nightmare in 16mm..and I'll never do it again(unless 20million and 35mm and a crew of 200 smile

    Neil"

    (Matt Pacini):
    Yeah, me feature was a nightmare too.
    And I WON'T shoot another feature unless there is some kind of a budget at least.
    Maybe not millions, but at least enough that it's a real shoot, that starts on day one, and goes continuously until it's in the can (no weekend & evening crap EVER again!).
    I played in rock bands for years & years, and I thought gigging was exhausting, but it's nothing compared to making a film!

    I will shoot trailers, shorts & demo's though, and that's what Super 8 is great for, I think.

    So Neil, tell us more about this feature!
    What was it about, who is it for, is it going to get distributed, etc.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  7. #17
    jocko
    Guest jocko's Avatar

    Post

    Matt,
    The film is a comedy,it is called
    "MY LIFE AFTER DEATH"..the script was written by a friend of mine..and he and I put up the money to shoot the film(just barely..had to tap the credit cards a few times)and I called in the favors that I had collected over the years from friends in the business(Camera package/full grip truck)..and bands that I directed music videos(for free) provided some of the music..but production became a nightmare,because of the high state of security..I lost locations(a hospital emergency room was replaced with a vet/pet hospital)..a big scene at phila airport had to be re-written..and so on and so on..and most locations that I was going to steal..were shut down by shaky local cops..I have some leads into dist..but nothing solid so far..allin all..it's been a big pain in the ass..When it's finished..I'm sticking to shooting Music video..it's fun and fast and...you get paid

    Neil

    ------------------

  8. #18
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jocko:
    Matt,
    I'm sticking to shooting Music video..it's fun and fast and...you get paid
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    What? Someone makes money in this business? I thought that.... Oh, wait a minute. You kidder. You really had me goin' for a second! "Get paid." Right, right. That's what I like about you, Jocko. Always with the jokes....(wink, wink) wink

    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  9. #19
    Scottness
    Guest Scottness's Avatar

    Post

    > Someone makes money in this business?

    Funny how we call it a business when no-one gets paid!

    Scot M

    And hmm I'd do it all again - weekends all the crap etc etc - of course I'd prefer better circumstances - but if it were that or nothing......


    ------------------

  10. #20
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Scottness:
    [B]" And hmm I'd do it all again - weekends all the crap etc etc - of course I'd prefer better circumstances - but if it were that or nothing......"


    (Matt Pacini):
    Scot, give us some details of your shoot:
    How many and what type of locations, were they hard to secure, etc.
    Also, how long was the shoot, how many total shooting days, problems you ran into(other than the ones you've listed already... camera noise, etc.), and your solutions, etc.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •