Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Dreams?

  1. #21
    jocko
    Guest jocko's Avatar

    Post

    Roger,
    Oh,did I write paid..roger, you don't work for the IRS do you? smile..what I meant to write was:

    fast,easy...and you get played..like on MTV...yea..that's it...

    Neil..my 1099's are in order


    ------------------

  2. #22
    Scottness
    Guest Scottness's Avatar

    Post

    Ver funny Neil! - Matt - todays the last day I have the internet on at home - I'm jsut about to disconnect it (to save money) - so I 'll have to be quick -- I'll be able to log on about once a week at our local library from now on -- anyway god I don't know - I think we shot for about 22 days - virtually all weekends - most locations were free - the one in a boat was actually a war ship at a Naval Museum - I was lucky because I used to work at another museum they were assocuiated with so that gave me a foot in the door and for a small doantion $50 they let us shoot htere - the fact it was Super 8 jhelped alot - they took pitty/sympathy on us - made it seem like a small operation etc - some places it was no hwlp I wanted to shooti in an old prison whci is also now a museum but they insisted on us opatying them full wages tyo watch te place while we were theere - so we didn't shoot ithere - a fair bit of iot was in my house and 2 of my neighbours - a few parks etc a local community hall - whcih hired but again at a big discount rate - the farm was through friends of reinds and apparently looked jsut like PNG so we were lucky - that was free camped there and all -- I probaly spent the best part of ayear (on and off)finding locations etc --- sorry I can't be to more detailed now - haven't got much time - but as I'm sure you know it was jsut persisitence really - and approaching people in the right way - S8 was big advantage for that - they know you're not a ful blown company and are often keen to help -- of course ot potential crews etc |I was playing it the other way - it's film not video - higher production values etc etc -- all of which are true --- we also shot in a cafe (the scenes with the girl on the first page of stills ) which agains was free - a very generous man who ran it ---- anywy gotta fly

    Won't log on for a week now

    AGGGGHHHHHH! - withdrawl symptoms!

    Scot M

    sorry about the typing too!

    ------------------

  3. #23
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Scott, I have an offer for you. (Free)

    Send me your first edited scene, the credit intro, or whatever, and I'll score the music for it.

    I should mention, not to brag, but I'm not just a yahoo with a synthesizer.
    I'm an accomplished musician, and the desire to do soundtracks is what got me into filmmaking to begin with, and I've been a musician/composer all my life.
    I play:
    keyboards, guitar, bass, viola, violin, cello, flute, indian flute, panpipes, percussion, and sing, as well has having tons of great samples and awesome synth sounds... a one man orchestra at your disposal!
    So let me know if you're interested.
    If you like what I do, great.
    If you don't, you don't have to use it.
    I'd offer to do the whole film, but that's a huge job! I'd have to charge for that, since it would take the better part of several weeks at least to do it.
    But I don't mind doing a little for ya!

    Just send me a tape, or better yet, an AVI or Quicktime file and I can score to it & send you the music on a CD or email as audio, or as a WAV or AIFF or MP3 or whatever you want.
    Your video file doesn't need to be hi-resolution, but it does need to be the proper frame rate.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  4. #24
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    scot,

    just saw an episode of "tales from the south seas" or whatever it's called. man, did you have the same art director and dp? i'm sure your story is a lot better though. i've never seen more than a few minutes of that show before and it's only now i realize how much it stinks. ;-)

    /matt

  5. #25
    Mr Blackstock
    Guest Mr Blackstock's Avatar

    Post

    I dream of being poor

    ------------------

  6. #26
    Scottness
    Guest Scottness's Avatar

    Post

    Hi guys - sorry for the delay in replying - I only have access to the net about once a week now -- firstly Matt thanks for the offer I would take you up on it but I have someone who's doing the music and I think he might be a bit shitty with me if.... you know! - thanks for the offer anyway - Mattias yeah I've seen that show - it was shot north of here a few years ago - pretty average - wouldn't mind their budget though - alot of that crappy stuff gets made in Qld - theres alot of overseas production here right now, which the Govt is right behind - but most of it's crappy stuff unfortunatley - the escapism and the tropical setting etc I didn't mind - but not really a great show in my mind!

    Scot

    ------------------

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •