Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New front page at DH.com!!

DarrensPassion

Smile

http://www.darrenhayes.com/

I wonder if this is the artwork for the new single So Beautiful? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Janie xx

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ September 07, 2005 04:41 PM: Message edited by: DarrensPassion ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like it [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

But why does it say 'Darren Hayes of Savage Garden'? Last time I checked, he's been a solo artist for years now. Unless they've decided to raise SG back from the dead, that line is unnecessary (I can't spell this word to save my life!).
    Or is this just b/c of the best of album?

DarrensPassion

I'd say it's a marketing ploy Ivana. An awful lot of people still don't know who Darren is unless Savage Garden is mentioned in conjunction with his name. It's obviously to raise awareness of his public profile.

Janie xx

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ September 07, 2005 04:31 PM: Message edited by: DarrensPassion ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it helps, why not. Although, I think that people who know about SG know who Darren is. At some point they'll have to cut the cord.

DarrensPassion

Oh yeah Ivana, fans of SG will know who Darren is but since this single is going to be featured on the Best of Album, I think this is primarily geared towards people who aren't necessarily huge fans of them and probably have neither album of theirs.

Janie xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like it too (conveys tranquility) and I agree with Janie about it being a smart marketing ploy, lol, add the 'SG link' as required [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ September 07, 2005 10:29 PM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love it.. its all moody and atmospheric!!

I love the words "of savage garden" makes me happy to see and also makes me *smirk* along with steen LOL!!!!

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*is also smirking* [img]wink.gif[/img]

Lovely colours and very atmospheric. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

DarrensPassion

The only slight criticism I have of this is shouldn't it read formerly of Savage Garden? Otherwise people not so familiar with SG or DH might think they are still an operational entity? It could be construed as a slightly misleading? Or is it? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Janie xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by DarrensPassion:
    The only slight criticism I have of this is shouldn't it read formerly of Savage Garden? Otherwise people not so familiar with SG or DH might think they are still an operational entity? It could be construed as a slightly misleading? Or is it? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Janie xx
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the first thing I wondered too...I can understand the whole marketing angle of associating the two names, and yet... It's almost like we've stepped back in time four years into a parallel universe. This is how it should have been when Darren went solo. But hell, has it got me intrigued now! I'm pretty sure we're being gently teased...getting tiny tasters like this.

I must say that the picture is lovely - wonders if it truly the single cover.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast