Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Exciting news for the Aussies!

Janie DP
    March 16 2006
    This has just been posted over on DH.com by Tracey [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's Official - "Big Night In" Down Under!!

I can't keep it a secret any longer. I am coming to Australia for a couple of very special and exclusive shows. The details are coming soon. But I wanted my Australian fans to find out from me first.

xD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a couple of very special and exclusive shows.

forgive me Janie but that ^ does not = a tour of Australia. In fact it just totally reeks of a typical visit to Oz by an international artist.

Of course for the fans who will be able to attend that is fabulous news and I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

Sorry just having a real 'I detest where we live' time at present [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] and it's got nothing really to do with Mr Hayes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BarbaraT:

forgive me Janie but that ^ does not = a tour of Australia. In fact it just totally reeks of a typical visit to Oz by an international artist.

Of course for the fans who will be able to attend that is fabulous news and I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

Sorry just having a real 'I detest where we live' time at present [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] and it's got nothing really to do with Mr Hayes.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I totally agree with you Barb I think it sounds like Bris, Sydney and Melb only if u ask me but I guess u never know we could be wrong......

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Star City (Sydney) and Crown (Melbourne) crossed my mind for some reason when I read that message Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BarbaraT:

<font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Barb I have the same "detest" thing happening its got sweet f all to do with Darren and everything to do with Bon Jovi!!!!

but in regards to that yeah it does look like a few "exclusive" Im not big enough to tour australia anymore gigs... not being mean or anything. I mean great for those who are looking forward to anything from him.

THough saying that if BJ announced a couple of exclusive gigs here man I would be the happiest rock chic alive LOL

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kat, what's BJ done then? Or is it more a case of what they've not done?

Barb, perhaps 2 shows is all that he can afford. I don't imagine for one minute that Sony are funding this tour, do you? Maybe if he eventually does have a hit record, he'll tour Aus and the USA etc. more extensively. Maybe...

Anyhoo, I hope that those Aussies who do get to see him enjoy themselves. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Twizzle:
    Kat, what's BJ done then? Or is it more a case of what they've not done?

Barb, perhaps 2 shows is all that he can afford. I don't imagine for one minute that Sony are funding this tour, do you? Maybe if he eventually does have a hit record, he'll tour Aus and the USA etc. more extensively. Maybe...

Anyhoo, I hope that those Aussies who do get to see him enjoy themselves. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL Its a case of them doing some seriousely kick ass shows.. one apparently went for 3 hours the other night. THey are on fire this tour. BUT they are NOT coming to Australia..which mighty sux big time. The band haven't offended me though. god love them to death.. just tour cause man I need some time in Jonnys church of rock n roll LOL

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aww, that truly does suck! [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] It's so harsh when your fave band/artist give your country/home town such a wide berth isn't it. I guess that's why the Americans and the Aussies get so pissed off with DH not touring there, especially the Aussies, seeing as he's 'home grown' so to speak. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Mind you, me and Janie might not be seeing BJ either if the Wembley contractors don't get their collective thumbs out of their arses and finih the sodding venue in time! [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] I'm not bloody travelling to Cardiff to see them, that's for damned sure! [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Theres NO way they wont do a wembley size gig there Terry. At the moment they are not backing down from being ready to go at wembley. But I reckon you can pretty much count on if not wembley it will either be rescheduled or if theres a place just as big? Maybe Hyde park or something. I dont really know the UK to know. But they wont do something small thats for sure.

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know what to say.. on the one hand, I'm very glad he's taking the "Big Night In" tour to Australia at all, because the fans there have waited a long time for him come back, I can also see where Barb is coming from in not viewing a couple of exclusive shows as tour. I think Terry has a good point, and I also don't think for one minute that Sony is funding the tour. I'm really not a fan of them at all and I can't pretend to be. I just wonder how much different the touring. promo situation would be if it were another record company. I'm very sorry that Bon Jovi aren't doing an Aussie tour, by the way, becuase I can relate to not having an artist you love so much tour your country and I've gone through that feeling of detesting where I live myself at times... you can feel like in the "wrong" place. Back to Darren, Yeah I've noticed some Aussie and U.S. fans who have really expressed their upset and dissapointment over the touring situation, and some fans from other countires as well. There was a post recently at the fc public board form an fan I'm trying to remember if they were in Russia or Germnay and they posted basically wondering where Darren was going to tour, she had been waiting for years and was slowly losing patience and the will to be a fan. I replied back saying I could relate to the furstration, that I do feel it can really try your patience at times... and I felt that unfortunately there was only so much Darren has control over,that I felt alot of it had to do with Sony. I know I don't have to tell you what happened to the thread next. I don't know when/ if things will ever change.

<font color="#1175B5"><font size="1">[ March 18, 2006 10:45 AM: Message edited by: little bird ]</font></font>

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ March 18, 2006 10:48 AM: Message edited by: little bird ]</font>

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast