Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

God forbid that anyone should actually complain about there only being one measly Aussie show though eh? [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

I see that the Hatchet Sisters (copyright pending on that name btw [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) are busy putting the boot in against those who justly feel a wee bit let down by it/him.

*smacks myself for having a casual wander over there* I never learn, do I?! wagging *g*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're welcome Kat I'm really hoping BJ make it there..I think maybe we do need to swap countires for awhile.. *sighs* I had a terrbile feeling that after the message changed the touring issue would come back up like rubbing salt in a wound and it has [img]frown.gif[/img] I'm not a fanclub member anymore, but I saw on another message baord that the debate flared up again and now it's spilled over to the public baord [img]frown.gif[/img] I just feel like I broken record talking about it, and to be honest the whole subject just depresses and fursrstes me too much for a number of reason. I'm through.. I don't kno what more to say

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ March 23, 2006 11:44 AM: Message edited by: little bird ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

some things sadly never change do they Terry and Tamara.

It's unrealistic not to expect many Australian fans to be disappointed in light of the recent news & then to see the same ol same ol bitchfest rear it's ugly head again is just really SAD. OK it's wonderful he can come at all but for many varying reasons lots (if 'lots' still exist here) of fans will not be able to see him - does that earn the right to label fans 'greedy'. I don't really care anymore but I have great empathy for those who feel disappointed.

Personally I no longer regard DH as an Aussie artist (and haven't for a long time) rather as an international one, therefore, this current situtation is as I would expect which is why I didn't find the 'tour' news exciting. At the moment I would rather donate any money needed to travel to see him to the cyclone relief fund but that's just my priority.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

True Barb, some things just don't change at all
    [img]frown.gif[/img] I feel like some people think that the fans who are expressing their disappointment, upset ect are just doing so for the hell of it, and I resent that. I couldn't agree more that it's completely unrealistic to expect that their won't be disappointment after exclusive and special "shows" turns into just a show. Aussie fans have waited a long time for him to tour there again. I understand being greatful that he will at least be there at all, grateful to just have the music, ect but like you said the reality is with one show lots of fans who want to go will not be able to, which is sad [img]frown.gif[/img] I believe people have the right to feel what they feel and as for labeling some as "greedy" that is what I find insulting. How on earth is it greedy to be upset/ disappointed that there is just one show and that you will probably miss out on getting to see an artist you admire live? I feel like it's a bit easier to talk about just being grateful for the music when you are in a position to either travel to see shows or you live in the UK where he as been able to tour successfully. I hope no UK fans take offense to that, I'm just trying to say that it can be more difficult when you are not in as fortunate position.

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ March 23, 2006 05:22 PM: Message edited by: little bird ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ March 23, 2006 05:21 PM: Message edited by: little bird ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by little bird:
    True Barb, some things just don't change at all
    [img]frown.gif[/img] I feel like some people think that the fans who are expressing their disappointment, upset ect are just doing so for the hell of it, and I resent that. I couldn't agree more that it's completely unrealistic to expect that their won't be disappointment after exclusive and special "shows" turns into just a show. Aussie fans have waited a long time for him to tour there again. I understand being greatful that he will at least be there at all, grateful to just have the music, ect but like you said the reality is with one show lots of fans who want to go will not be able to, which is sad [img]frown.gif[/img] I believe people have the right to feel what they feel and as for labeling some as "greedy" that is what I find insulting. How on earth is it greedy to be upset/ disappointed that there is just one show and that you will probably miss out on getting to see an artist you admire live? I feel like it's a bit easier to talk about just being grateful for the music when you are in a position to either travel to see shows or you live in the UK where he as been able to tour successfully. I hope no UK fans take offense to that, I'm just trying to say that it can be more difficult when you are not in as fortunate position.

<font color="#1175B5"><font size="1">[ March 23, 2006 05:22 PM: Message edited by: little bird ]</font></font>
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly Tamara, I dont think some fans really know how big Australia is.. I think you would know living in the US its like picking say New York to do an exclusive gig and thats it. I mean for most its days and days and many thousands of dollars of travel to get to that one exclusive gig. One gig a tour does not make. Of course there are countries he doesnt tour but alot of people who are fans in Aussie would be exactly in that same situation there are few states here in a might big country. If people cant *get* that and label others greedy then I seriousely think they need to look at how many shows *they* get to go too. Nasty b*tches is all I can say. Plus the argument of being greedy because some countries get nothing.. well one show here does not equate to all Aussies should be happy.. We are a HUGE country people HUGE. Its four hour drive for me to get to my nearest capital city here in WA-Perth. Its a 5-6 hour flight to get over east from there. Its many hundreds of dollars... its not cheap and many people simply cannot afford that.

MOst of my frustration comes from the whole BJ thing as this argument comes up quite a bit but most people are really sympathetic to our Aussie plight.

A little empathy at times for others situations wouldnt go astray at times.

Kat

<font color="#1175B5"><font size="1">[ March 24, 2006 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Kattitude ]</font></font>

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ March 24, 2006 07:06 AM: Message edited by: Kattitude ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hypothetical question here Kat but if you were to voice your disappointment on the BJ forum(s) re them not touring Australia, what would the replies be? Would they be of the 'Don't be such a greedy bitch', 'How dare you complain!' type (as currently, and charmingly, on display on the DH fcpb) or would ppl be genuinely sympathetic, understand why you're disappointed and reply thus?

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ March 24, 2006 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Twizzle:
    Hypothetical question here Kat but if you were to voice your disappointment on the BJ forum(s) re them not touring Australia, what would the replies be? Would they be of the 'Don't be such a greedy bitch', 'How dare you complain!' type (as currently, and charmingly, on display on the DH fcpb) or would ppl be genuinely sympathetic, understand why you're disappointed and reply thus?

<font color="#1175B5"><font size="1">[ March 24, 2006 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font></font>
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL it has been voiced. But as on all forums there are numerous groups of people. On Backstage which is the "fanclub forum" When it has been posted the people who care come in and say "we really feel for you aussies.. hope they make it there" and such comments. Of course theres always a few who say other countries dont get tours blah blah. But for the most part the people of backstage where I post were really good. Backstage have been deleting posts if people post "its official from universal that they are not touring" They dont like news that they havent heard or made official to be posted. So those all get deleted.
    Backstage is inhabited by a HUGE number of US fans who do get caught up in their own touring and such and dont pay much mind to anything else. But my personal experiences people have been really empathatic to my whinges LOL I was surprised how many people were really nice about it all. Most fans understood and could empathtise cause they couldnt imagine not going to a show.

On other boards it can get into a fight about it all.. but thats the way of boards I guess.

oh just to add I dont think we have been accused of greedy at any time the debate is more about logistics and economics of touring here.. sales and record companies and band commitments etc.

Plus ironically we would accept just ONE exlusive gig thats how desperate we have become lol.

Kat

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ March 24, 2006 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Kattitude ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interesting. Thanks Kat. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm very glad that I don't post on any fan related forums anymore. They can be very scary places to the timid and to the casual observer. I think that I'll stick to posting on the Empire forums because at least there you can freely express opinions and feelings without some idiot mod savagely pruning and locking threads at the drop of a hat! [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ March 24, 2006 07:29 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know my former sister in law would travel ANYWHERE in Australia to see BJ.

I've already said this privately so now I'll say it publicly, it makes me chuckle to see that despite moving us 'the inappropriate' on things have not changed [img]tongue.gif[/img]

DH has made his bed, the actions of others reflect badly on him.