Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Cyalaytr:
    another random thought... if God created the world and rested on the 7th day why does our week start with Sunday?
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">not all people follow that...some people's week starts on monday, which is why in many calendar related software, there is an option to start your week on monday. for example, the company I am developing software for requested that the first day of the week be Monday. i don't knwo the official law about what is the first day of the week, but i know some people treat Monday as the first day

and second, to answer shatzy's question without started world war 3, the reason God rested on the 7th day is not because he was tired, but to set an example for us. He knew that we would get tired and the goal of a Christian is to follow his example. Therefore, it would give us a day to "truly benefit" in an immedate, almost worldy manner by somewhat making us rest one day out of the week. it is also the day set aside by most religious entities to spend a day in mediation/worship/honoring the supreme being of said religion.

hopefully that (even though you will argue that it doesn't make sense) will at least give you something to think about

Senior Hostboard Member Babi BootifuL's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're all weird.. my week starts on a Thursday [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Senior Hostboard Member Babi BootifuL's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Cyalaytr:
    ya but your dad is prolly named RON or something.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">Does Rodger count?

Cyalaytr

ya but your dad is prolly named RON or something.

Good insite Gravy. Cant wait for Shatzy reply [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by GravyTrain:
    the reason God rested on the 7th day is not because he was tired, but to set an example for us. He knew that we would get tired and the goal of a Christian is to follow his example. Therefore, it would give us a day to "truly benefit" in an immedate, almost worldy manner by somewhat making us rest one day out of the week.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">at one point it seems optional...
    in the next, mandatory

Cyalaytr

ahhhhhhhhhhhh shit i knew it.. gonna burn in hell Sunday is race day and we all know that is more work then any real job. Ok well maybe not but at least so much fun it its gotta be illeagle or a sin of some kind

Cyalaytr

in this case we will make an exception [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234