Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: @Risu-chan

  1. #21
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bleh....after taking Latin for more years than I care to remember (Still don't know what possessed me to do it 0_o) I'll gladly take anything else. Vocabulary was easy, but it was all the different forms, conjugations, endings, and whatnot that killed me. I could translate like nobody's business, but ask me to write or talk Latin....wasn't pretty 0_0

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Chinese isn't so bad if you know japanese and vice versa ;P Same Kanji for a lot of situations [img]tongue.gif[/img] But yeah, chinese is bad. And learning english as you grow up is easier than taking it in a class [img]tongue.gif[/img] Think about all the exceptions [img]tongue.gif[/img] Not to mention words like they're, there and their.

    -Reikou

  3. #23
    Inactive Member TheOddOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2003
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm going to give Crisis a WORD. Chinese is HELL to write. And things keep on having double meanings, or no meanings at all. Like the right and left halves of the characters, (is this the radical?) sometimes it corressponds to the word, and sometimes it is there for decoration! Gah!

    Heh, and I would take editing over scanning any day, scanning makes so much noise (at least on my scanner) but photoshop just feels more natural to me. I was born to point and click. ^_^ And on that note, I would love to help out S-C.net with editing, and ya know, lemme know if there is something I can do!

  4. #24
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hehe. Whee...so many people on the board are interested in helping out with scanlations. Yay! ^^

    *sigh* I wish Chinese was one of those languages (like English) where if you can read it, you can write it! It takes me hours to write up an essay that would take me 30 minutes in English. -__-

    Carole - Erk...all right, as much as I've seen of it, Latin looks difficult. I always though it would be fun to study Latin though. ^^ Is it worth it?

  5. #25
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm...the only reason I took Latin was to help me out with vocabulary when the time came to take the SATs. And it did (and still does) help ^^ The vocabulary is easy since lots of English words have roots in Latin. The reason why I hated it so much is that you literally have to memorize tons of stuff or else you won't do well. I guess it was fun, except for the part when the teacher called you up to the board to make you translate. It wasn't all about the language since we did read books that were written in Roman times and we learned alot about the Gods and Goddesses. Ah, and thank goodness they had an alphabet XD

  6. #26
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hum, I did 2-3 years of latin and I remember it was pretty difficult but not that mush.

    and I very much failed it ?_?;; But it -does- help if you want to study most europeens languages. and It's gonna help me when I,ll take psychologie studies. most sickness have latin and greek roots.

    Now, in cohorus, er..
    Singular Plurial
    Nominatif rosa rosae
    Vocatif rosa rosae
    Accusatif rosam rosas
    Genetif rosae rosarum
    Datif rosae rosis
    Ablatif rosa rosis

    ^____^ *glad*

    [er, I don't know ohow to say nominatif and all those in english. sorry]

    but of course you can evaluate the dificulty by yourself.. hum, that rosa thing is actually the first declinason [is that realy an english word?] and er, there is 5 of them. Rosa is a rose. [I think it's cute ^^] Now, with those declinasons things, you can write your words.

    like, when you say rosa in the sence of the first one, so the "nominatif singular", well, you mean Rose as the subject of the sentence. Each way to write it means that rosa is somewhere else in the sentence. It's a little like when in japenese you out we, wo and things like that at the end of the word to tell what he is.

    Then, you ahve to learn new declinaons thingy to use for verbs. and each mode (like pressent, past, past perfect)

    and then, you'll have to learn the vocabulary because objects have genders. feminine, masculine or neutral. words can't end the same way dependent of their gender.


    But if you want, as a bonus the roman history is full of yaoi and bishounens ^____^ and sadism! XD

    my father once told me they (or maybe its the greek) had invent condons! (but theirs were in leather..o_? )

    anyway, that basicly what altin is. Now had -lots- of exeptions ^_____^;;;

  7. #27
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ahh yue, you've brought back many memories of last minute cramming for Latin. T_T

    You did good for not knowing how those words are spelt in English. You're only 2 letters off. It's just nominative instead of nominatif; vocative instead of vocatif etc. etc. =D

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">first declinason [is that realy an english word?]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Yeah it's an English word spelt: first declension XD

    I took horrible advanced classes in it but you seem to remember it better than I do! BRAVO!! XD I'm just glad I managed to pass each year I took it -_-;;

  8. #28
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh yeah, it's almost like that? cool! I took the french words , so I realy took a guess ^^;;;

    oh, and I forgot one interrrest some could have in it.. well, it help to read some Harry Potter fics! XD

    no, for real, there is some freaks that in their HP fics the put whole latin sentence. but since I read it mostly for the yaoi and the lemons, I kinda skip those parts ^^;;;;;

  9. #29
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hm, hey, Risu, you've join ob-session or is it another risu-chan? o_____--

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's me -- Crisis mentioned that Mayu was a cool person so I took a look around their board and discovered that they needed translators and I already had the Earthian manga and was in kind of a holding pattern on projects here 'cause I thought the Blood Hound story scans were going to be available. (the end of Red Ram #2 was really pretty mentally traumatic to me... ^^;; So I started on Earthian whilst waiting on Blood Hound.

    But then it turned out the person who scanned them scanned 'em too small to be read for translation (^^; so that's when Crisis and I started looking for a plan B on Blood Hound.

    Since I've got Cain translations done a ways out ahead of where the editing's gotten to, I may rotate Cain and Earthian chapters (giving myself a break from one angstfest with another ^^; . But when S-C.net editors catch up/if more chapters of Cain get needed in a quick row and I don't have time to alternate, I'll translate here first 'cause I promised them I'd translate here first; that only seems fair...

    ed: @_@ I wish I could get the smileys to turn off by default...

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 01, 2003 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Risu-chan ]</font>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •