Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Dayuuuuuuummmmm!

  1. #21
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Dayuuuuuuummmmm!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Dayuuuuuuummmmm!

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    Newer drive, no emergency release.

    Any other suggestions short of a hammer or high speed projectile?

    There's a DEVO concert DVD in there, i really don't want to ruin it.
    If it's a standard drive it can be replaced cheaply. I'd just do that and try to sacrifice the stuck drive by dismantling, there are likely screws in the cover. My brother is a PC tech and owes me a lot of free advice if you need any.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #22
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dayuuuuuuummmmm!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alien_Shore View Post
    Shove a toothpick in that tiny hole in the front of the drive - manual release. Or if it's jammed really tight, use a piece of 14 gauge wire...
    I have a paper clip partially unwound just for that purpose.

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    Newer drive, no emergency release.
    When did the hole go away? The 2008-ish drive I just tossed had it.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #23
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Dayuuuuuuummmmm!

    If it's a standard drive it can be replaced cheaply. I'd just do that and try to sacrifice the stuck drive by dismantling, there are likely screws in the cover. My brother is a PC tech and owes me a lot of free advice if you need any.
    It's about time to blow the dust and racoons out of the PC anyway, i reckon i'll see if i can't tear into it and put it back in a working state. The drive still works, it just won't eject.

    When did the hole go away? The 2008-ish drive I just tossed had it.
    I'm guessing this model is somewhere in the 2008-2010 vintage. It's a DVD-ROM drive, would that make a difference?
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  4. #24
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Dayuuuuuuummmmm!

    did you try to eject it in windows? go to my computer , select drive , drop down menu and select eject?
    "those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928

  5. #25
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dayuuuuuuummmmm!

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post

    I'm guessing this model is somewhere in the 2008-2010 vintage. It's a DVD-ROM drive, would that make a difference?
    The one I tossed was also a DVD-rom drive.

    Edit...... I mean DVD-RW.
    Last edited by Audio_by_Goodwill; February 20th, 2013 at 12:13 AM.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  6. #26
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Dayuuuuuuummmmm!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Dayuuuuuuummmmm!

    Bowtie if it's a standard drive my brother says he has a stack of DVD-RW's. PM me your address, he'll send you one gratis. I am assuming you would need SATA? A SATA drive has two flat connectors, one wider than the other.

    As I said he owes me favors, frankly more than I could collect in this life...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  7. #27
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Dayuuuuuuummmmm!

    Edit...... I mean DVD-RW.
    So didn't i.

    Well, things look more hopeful in the daylight. There is actually a "skin" or secondary faceplate that snaps on the front of this drive, behind it resides the emergency release hole(reminds me of this girl.........). Seems the problem is the front of the drawer itself which is also a cheesy snap on piece of plastic, it was partly unsnapped and out of position such that it was binding in the drawer opening. She opens and closes freely now, and even seems to "read" correctly, but is sometimes spins the disc up to high speed for no apparent reason.

    Many thanks for the offer(OG) and advice fellas.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  8. #28
    Senior Hostboard Member A7fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2006
    Location
    Pacifc Northwest
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dayuuuuuuummmmm!

    Wow, only one bid. Someone got a helluva deal.

  9. #29
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Dayuuuuuuummmmm!


    alancohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2012
    Location
    Hunterdon Cty, NJ
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Dayuuuuuuummmmm!

    What am I missing? I see 0 Bids.

    Altec Lansing Eight PA Speakers | eBay

  10. #30
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Dayuuuuuuummmmm!


    Alien_Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    750
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Dayuuuuuuummmmm!

    Listing was ended early by seller.
    - Mike

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.