Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Nascar a sport?

"I'd take Nolan Ryan in a fight anyday of the week and twice on sunday over Richard Petty."

Well both of them are good ole country boys, and good ole boys can usually fight pretty good. Heck, I would take Nolan Ryan over about anybody still playing in MLB today...he whooped up on Robin Ventura who was about 20 years or so younger than him. Several guys in Nascar that not many people in any sport would have wanted to mess with are:

1. Bobby Allison...bad temper and a nice right hand, put a hurting on Cale Yarborough
    2. Dale Earnhardt...nickname says it all, rarely got into altercations despite his aggressive driving style probably because most guys didn't want any of it.
    3. Jimmy Spencer...Mr. Excitement didn't mind to get rough on and off the track, Kurt Busch avoided him every chance he got.
    4. Junior Johnson...Was wild and woolly back in the day and got into more than a scrap or two.
    5. Michael Waltrip...Being 6'5 230 doesn't hurt him any and has also shown a willingness to use that long reach.
    6. Dale Jarrett...The UPS man is also big by Nascar standards and not afraid to get in somebodys face.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Nascar a sport?

You left out or maybe didn't even know about Tommy Ellis. He drove for Morgan-Mcclure when they first started. My dad worked for them and was on the pit crew. He had to go and bail him out for bar fighting on saturday more than once. One time they had half the team locked up and would only let Tommy out even with bail since nascar brough so much money into the town and having the bad publicity for one of the drivers not being able to race on sunday wouldn't have been good for them.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]