Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Nascar a sport?

simscard [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    "I dig beer. I dig pork. I dig sports."

NOLA said it was striking miners with red rags tied around their necks, sorta to seperate the two sides. I always thought (after spending long hours in fields) it was the "redneck" in got from working bent over in a tobacco, hayfield- sorta thing. Farmers. Like Roy Clark said in the song, It was Saturday in Memphis, when a Redneck grabbed my shirt- in the time that I got there ain't h#ll of a lot that I can look back on with pride. But I never picked cotton, Like my Mother did ... NASCAR got it's start in the Carolinas, tobacco country. It was the Winston Cup forever, hence the "redneck" thing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]

There is no winners in War!

[/ QUOTE ]

But that would be like saying the Allies didn't win World War 2! (Or WW1!) [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Sure, many people are killed, good and bad, but in the end there is almost always a side that reigns victorious.

I know, that's not ALWAYS the case, but still... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i takes strength, will power, and determination to drive a car 200 mph for 500 laps. It tests your athletic skills so i believe it is a sport. Here is the definition of auto racing

Auto Racing

n : the sport of racing automobiles
    Reeking of awesomeness!

Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i disagree and will continue to disagree with this as long as this is still a topic.

point blank would you pick jeff gordon for any team you were havin on the playground? what does kurt busch run the 40 in? how many times did Jr bench press 225? what did tony stewart run the shuttle in?

these guys drive cars for a living. I don't consider driving home a workout.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Considering the stamina, strength, and the strategy involved with auto racing, I do consider it a sport. I mean come on, how fast does Wakefield run the 40 in? How much does he bench? Not really a valid argument considering you have a lot of athletes in your other major sports who are not as strong, or even fast on their feet, as some of the race car drivers out there.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Come on guys Nascar is a sport. Any man that can drive 500 miles straight at 190mph, beat and bang and trade paint and never get out of the car to use the bathroom. Then stand and give a 3 minute interview. " He's A True Sport " [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    All pitchers are liars and cribabies.=YOGI BERRA
    It helps if the hitter thinks you're a little crazy.=Nolan Ryan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*Wakefield played 1st and third in the minors, had good gap to gap power, but was almost cut. At that time he called his highschool coach, Coach Campbell, head coach at Walters State currently, and asked for advice. Campbell then suggusted that he give pitching a try.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know that is the case, but honestly I bet Mark Martin is about as strong as Wakefield. Alot of Nascar's drivers are very strong due to their weight training. The thing is physical shape does not have everything to do with sports, but it is a part of it. That is why I said that they have to have stamina, and there is strategy involved.

Didn't Wakefield first make the majors as a 1st baseman for the Pirates to replace Sid Bream, but didn't he get injured, and then was about cut.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you might be right, i knew he played for the pirates and was a corner infielder.