-
Re: Predictions
No, I read your post and agree with you.
What seems confusing to me is how our moderator sees the responses as "ridiculous motivation." I don't think any team would look to this discussion board for motivation. But when negative things are said about their team publicly like this, I can see where "getting riled up" could carry over to the football field.
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed, which is why I made the post above referring greencrest that you might have missed. My being "riled" is not something that happened in the last day or two, it's been months coming.
[/ QUOTE ]
-
Re: Predictions
Like I said in another thread, nothing that is said on here will have any effect come Friday night.
-
Re: Predictions
Time will tell.
Its kind of ironic with all the drama surrounding Clintwood vs Norton but the Gate City - Appalachia game could ultimately be a big factor in determining who goes to the playoffs Clintwood or Gate City. Both games are really must-win games for both teams. If Clintwood defeats Norton, they have some big power points. But, if Gate City beats Appalachia, they would also get some big points which would nudge Clintwood out.
[ QUOTE ]
Like I said in another thread, nothing that is said on here will have any effect come Friday night.
[/ QUOTE ]
-
Re: Predictions
Definately, I don't forsee Appy losing another game until at least playoff time.
-
Re: Predictions
where is the ultimate prediction at? dang, if it doesnt get here soon i will be upset for the rest of the week. haha
-
Re: Predictions
My beef is more of a build up thing too. Its not so much this but when someone predicts a game or anything on here now, its disrespectful and thats BS. Hey there was comments about us avenging our loss to Pound last year, its not disrestpectful, it happened. We tanked it. Shoot Norton loses 3 times in state, well at least they were there, we havent managed to find the playoffs in sometime. Something that happened isn't disrespectful and that crap being tried to turned into more than it is, does annoy me, I can't help that. Guess what, being a mod, doesn't mean that we can't have our opinions, be they biased or whatever, doesn't mean things can't get our dandruf up either. If I start banning you for your opinions, than sure, say my bias is affecting things, but until that point, oh well I get the right to say stuff just like you and its this constantly moaning and gripeing about things that does annoy me. Jim used to run the board, when it was Clintwood-PV week he would say stuff to us like should be a good game unless we beat you all as bad as last time and we would make comments right back. Its not oh god you're disrespecting us, shoot I think on this very board I said that Appy was a clear favorite over Clintwood and probably would beat us. Granted I didn't think that they would beat us that badly but shoot, Appy's style and the Clintwood team, I thought that Appy would be tough for us to stop, that wasn't disrespecting them or Clintwood, it was being honest. Shoot someone wants to think Burton is going to roll over Clintwood 100-0, go for it, but don't say I'm being disrespectful to them if I say Clintwood may be able to steal the game. Thats what gets me. Guess what, at the end of the day, it is just Burton, it is just Clintwood, it is just PV, GC, Coeburn, Appy, Wise, or Pound. It's just Haysi, Honaker, Ervinton, Hurley, Lee High or Tug Valley. Nobody is rolling in an Oak Ridge here to play anybody. It's the same schools, the same kids that most of the kids at the schools have been playing/seeing since little league. Its the same kids that most of these kids go out and bowl with the night after the game or have in their myspace friends list. Too often, some people like to make mountains out of mole hills.
-
Re: Predictions
You are now just letting it build up. It has overflowed in me for a couple of years now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp008106164.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
-
Re: Predictions
Burton 28 Clintwood 14 *alot closer than most ppl think.
Burtons speed proves to be to much, however*
JJ Kelly 20, Lee 28 *At the first of the season, the outcome would have been diffrent. Lee is improving every week*
Castlewood 14, Pound 20 *This is the week that Pound shows just how weak the cumberland district is*
PV 49, Coeburn 20 * Coeburn will get the running game going against the vikings, however PV will score early and often.*
Appalachia 22, Gate City 20 *game of the week* * This one could go either way. The only thing that worries me is how well coeburn had their running game going against appy. If Tyler Parks is available to play, it could be enough to tip the scale into Gate City's advantage. Should be a great, hard hitting ballgame.
-
Re: Predictions
I've been kind of amazed at the turnaround in Lee High since they changed QB's. Do you think we could be seeing a turn-around in the program next year?
[ QUOTE ]
JJ Kelly 20, Lee 28 *At the first of the season, the
outcome would have been diffrent. Lee is improving every
week*
[/ QUOTE ]
-
Re: Predictions
Im hopeing so. I played for Coach Sanders for 2 years at Appy, and He was the best assisstant we had imho. If he is given the time, and parents and politics in Lee County can stay out of his business, he'll turn the program around. Just give him time, b/c that program is a mess. I was talking to an old friend this past friday night thats coaching little league football in lee county and he stated that Lee High has some Great ball players coming up out of that program. I see Lee High winning 5 or 6 games next year with the tough district schedule , and then improving on that the year after.
Ppl in Lee County should be pleased with that progress. As the old saying goes...You've gotta learn to crawl, before you can walk. Lee's still got some work to do. But Coach Sanders will get that program turned around.