Couldn't resist ole Burrness!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img]
I'm done for now....I have reached my post limit for this year. Ya'll take care!! See ya in '07.
Printable View
Couldn't resist ole Burrness!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img]
I'm done for now....I have reached my post limit for this year. Ya'll take care!! See ya in '07.
When we beat the Raiders, you have to be on for the celebration!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img]
you'd better watch out cause the "Crappalachia BullPup Dawgies" are playin your "Mighty" Vikings of Powell Valley High next week. Before the season started i had gc and appy picked to go to state this year. while gc may be down, they aint out and appy's got the talent and determination to go all the way. of course i cant forget about burton. i am almost 100% sure burton will go and win state this year.
Appy 28, GC 20
PV 35, Coeburn 7
Burton 28, Clintwood 14
Pound 21, Castlewood 14
Lee 28, Kelly 14
[ QUOTE ]
i am almost 100% sure burton will go and win state this year.
[/ QUOTE ]
They ARE indeed a great team, but to be completely honest, we've yet to really see them play anyone that's a true powerhouse.
Powell Valley is pretty tough this year but they've been less impressive this year (at least IMO) than they have been in the past.
I believe that if Appy and Burton square off in the playoffs, however, Appy's newfound experience since their last matchup will allow them to make it a much closer game .. and a game that I will definitely have to see.
I still think that BUrton would blow appy out. It might be 2 or 3 points closer but still an easy Burton win.
There is alot of football left to be played. IF they both make it, it will be a real good game. I would definately go and watch that one. However, many things could happen from now until then.
I would just about go ahead and get a parking spot. The only thing between a Burton/Appy rematch in the Region D final is Ervinton and probably Castlewood, while stranger things have happened, I don't think that either of these teams could knock off Burton or Appy. I am not for sure what Appy has done since week 2 to get that much better but if everyone says they have it has to be true..... We will definately find out who the real deal is after the next two weeks, both teams have by far their toughest games of the year coming up. I would love to see both win out and finish 1st and 2nd in the district, especially with both of them being the two smallest schools [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Weirder things have happened. Either team could be beat any week. Looking ahead is being too confident. Both have big games this Friday night. BTW Ervinton and Castlewood are playing good football right now as well.
I agree they both can be beat either one of the next two games but they are both pretty much guaranteed a spot in the playoffs and I don't think there is any way in hell that Ervinton or Castlewood can hang with either Burton or Appy. They may be playing good now but they are also playing Twin Springs, Rye Cove, Thomas Walker, St. Paul, Twin Valley, Hurley, etc. everyweek, other than Castlewood I don't think either one of these teams have played any real competition (i.e. Powell Valley, Clintwood, Burton, Appalachia, etc.). I just don't see it.