Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79

Thread: Anyone?

  1. #51
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    Sad but true to a degree. I think military service is positive for the most part. Webb and Clark are legit military men who may make a run at the presidency one day.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #52
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    They both outranked the common man drafted to go there...but that doesn't make them any more heroic than any of them. They aren't the ones sitting in a corner at a VA hospital somewhere with their hands shaking because of things they saw or had to do to ensure their survival of another uncalled for and unjust military conflict...with no one to care for them cuz the war scarred them and their inability to maintain social skills destroyed their marrages and relationships. It's a damn shame when one honorably discharged vet criticizes and belittles another who shared in the same misery. Regardless of rank, they were all soldiers, and that is all that needs to be said. Any vet that voted for Bush (considering where he spent his time while Vietnam was still being fought) should have no problem voting for any of the guys that went over there...Kerry included.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #53
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The same people who are praising McCain's service are the same ones who voted against a military hero in 04. Please, stop this your just embarrassing yourselfs. If your voting for McCain because he was a POW and you didn't vote for Kerry (who done as much militarily as McCain) then you my friend are just a party homer. At least find another way to disguise it, or just come out and say I vote repbulican regardless. </div></div>

    Psshhaahhh!! That's the funniest thing I ever heard. Kerry? A military hero? That's not what I heard.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  4. #54
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    You fit exactly what I said. You'd vote republican if they ran Charles Manson. Which is fine, but to sit and belittle 3 purple hearts is wrong. Truth is the truth, Clinton (coward) beat Bush Sr. (hero) and Dole (hero) while your boy Bush (coward) beat a hero in Kerry. I really don't care that you vote for republican due to religion, economics, social issues, war, etc just admit that your voting republican because of the R. Anybody who served in the military deserves respect and it's really sad to me as American to see people on both sides try to put down others.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #55
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are 2 sides to every story...the truth lies somewhere in the middle. </div></div>

    Well since I was not there and neither were you I would have to believe, oh I don't know, maybe people who were.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  6. #56
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    And just how many folks do you know that knew Kerry while he was in Vietnam besides those with political motivations??..prolly as many as I know...0.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #57
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    I voted for Slick Willy. He was basically a dishonest person but a decent President. Since that time the Democratic party can't come up with a decent candidate. I supported Flip until the truth came out about him. At one time I thought Gore would make a decent President. As far as B. BUSSEIN is concerned he is no more qualified for the job or ready to lead this nation than Jackson. Jessie, Reggie or Michael. You would trust him to run this counrty and make decisions that affect your life when he couldn't make a decision or cast a vote in the Senate. Unless it was in favor of taxes. Check it out. It's available. Not hard to find.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  8. #58
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You fit exactly what I said. You'd vote republican if they ran Charles Manson. Which is fine, but to sit and belittle 3 purple hearts is wrong. Truth is the truth, Clinton (coward) beat Bush Sr. (hero) and Dole (hero) while your boy Bush (coward) beat a hero in Kerry. I really don't care that you vote for republican due to religion, economics, social issues, war, etc just admit that your voting republican because of the R. Anybody who served in the military deserves respect and it's really sad to me as American to see people on both sides try to put down others. </div></div>

    I vote conservative over liberal everytime, no matter what hat they're wearing. Kerry's "heroism" was questioned and debunked by the very men he was serving with. I don't like a liar, no matter if he wore the uniform or not.
    John F. Kennedy is one of my all-time American heroes (Gasp, he was a Democrat!) I admire Jimmy Carter greatly because of his convictions. (Gasp, he's a Democrat!) The sad thing is that modern Dems are more slanted toward the liberal side of things than ever before, and that I cannot support by any means.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  9. #59
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I voted for Slick Willy. He was basically a dishonest person but a decent President. Since that time the Democratic party can't come up with a decent candidate. I supported Flip until the truth came out about him. At one time I thought Gore would make a decent President. As far as B. BUSSEIN is concerned he is no more qualified for the job or ready to lead this nation than Jackson. Jessie, Reggie or Michael. You would trust him to run this counrty and make decisions that affect your life when he couldn't make a decision or cast a vote in the Senate. Unless it was in favor of taxes. Check it out. It's available. Not hard to find. </div></div>

    I disagree. Reggie Jackson would make a better Prez than Obama! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  10. #60
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And just how many folks do you know that knew Kerry while he was in Vietnam besides those with political motivations??..prolly as many as I know...0. </div></div>

    If you had ever served under those conditions you would understand the bond that SHOULD have been there. With all these men telling one story and Flip telling another who would you believe?? Oh that's right. You are taken in by speaches. Excuse me.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •