Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you sleep with a doll????

ponydreamer

HA! My husband would just croak. I should actually tell him that I'm going to sleep with one of my dolls tonight. I think he'd refuse to get into bed! He just recently confessed to actually playing with DD and her American Girl Dolls when she was little. She's the one who brought it up, and he said it was true. ;-)

When I was a child, I slept every single night with my Raggedy Ann doll. I loved her so much. My nephew died when he was four, and I was seven. That doll was the only thing keeping my sanity during that time. And I'm not exaggerating. I needed her.

Eventually, I accidentally left her at my grown sister's house after a summer visit. It was a whole month before I got her back, and I had "weaned" myself from her. I still have her, though, and she is a gentle reminder of a very significant time in my life.

Okay....so that didn't really answer your question, but I got started with my story...and couldn't seem to stop! LOL!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But...but...don't your dolls get LONELY?!? [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Nope, they know I'm a total bed hog, they'd rather sleep in my beanbag chair. I caught them watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer at 2:30 in the morning once. (My TV turned on all by itself in the middle of the night, lol, I assumed it was them).

Wrinklie Alert

Yes, I do, Kirsten and Samantha. [img]wink.gif[/img]

AmericanGirlLover2982

Yes I do sleep woth my dolls esipally if DH is not around when he goes to visit his father in MD. I usually sleep with my Samantha. I hate sleeping alone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

NEVER! I'm too scared I'll squish them or they'll fall out of bed. I do however sleep with an entire stuffed menagerie [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

aww, Eeyore's cute! I use Pooh Bear as a pillow sometimes too. He's getting kinda worn out though and isn't as fluffy as he once was so he's not as good a pillow but oh well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, I totally sleep with Samantha! In fact, what inspired me to get an AG was to have a soft doll to sleep with. I love my fashies, but they're not cuddly at all, and Bedtime Barbie would probably get lost in my bed. I also sleep with a Mickey Mouse plushie, a little stuffed talking Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls, and a Sesame Street Ernie. I am SUCH a dork... [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sleep with DH and my dog, Emma. Emma likes to chew doll fingers so Emma and dolls can't sleep together. We have a king size bed and DD likes to pile it high with books, stuffed animals and dolls when we read together before bed. Everything gets taken off the bed before we actually go to sleep, however. Emma is really warm and snuggly. She's my 1st choice for cuddling with. She doesn't smell too bad for a dog either, LOL.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 29, 2005 11:15 AM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I slept with Samantha when I was little. And I admit to sleeping with Nellie and Felicity when I first got them, for like 2 days each. As many have said, they're not very comfortable to snuggle with, so I just sit them beside me, or even lay them beside me, with their head on the pillow next to mine. I've never been worried about their hair getting messed up, it's pretty easy to fix!

I have ALWAYS slept with stuffed animals, and can't imagine there being a time when I wont, I'm just so used to it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast