0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone seen it yet?

What did you think?
    =============================

Professor X: Logan, my tolerance of you smoking within the mansion notwithstanding; continue smoking that in here, and you will spend the rest of your life believing you are a six-year-old girl.

Wolverine: You would do that?

Professor X: I would have Jean braid your hair.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

This movie so rocked! And within the whole movie, they laid the groundwork for the next movie. Damn Bryan Singer if he doesn't helm it. (not that he has said he won't...)

I've been thinking about it, and as good as some of the actors are, I think Singer is more impressive. He could cast a group of unknowns and I think he could still make a kick ass movie.

I do want Hugh Jackman to return for the third movie, and Alan Cumming, he was a perfect fuzzy elf, Nightcrawler. James Marsden is a perfectly capable Cyclops. Although Cyke didn't have a big part in this movie, the parts he had were very well done.

Halle Berry managed to make me not hate her in this one, but still, wouldn't mind if Storm was recast.

I loved this movie more than the first. Two words, Famke Janssen! Bring on X3! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree. I really liked this movie. One of the best things about it for me was that most of the characters had multiple layers, and weren't entirely good or evil. Nothing was that simple.

And there were surprises, which was a good thing. I didn't find it as precictable as many other comic book movies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haven't seen it just yet, I'm just here to post a theory.

Asis, regarding Halle Berry as Storm...

Do you remember WAY WAY back, right after the Dark Pheonix saga, there was a one shot in which Storm was possessed (or some suck) and was briefly "Dark Storm" (or so the cover advertised)?

My theory is that Halle is simply playing a mind possessed Storm, and will eventually be revealed to be an evil double or something. The fact that Chris Clairemont is involved in the project (enough to be doing the novelizations, anyway) reinforces this theory for me.

I find that if I look at Storm in this light, the original movie is much more palatable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why is that Eris? Please explain. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I haven't read those comics that you refered to and I was just wondering what you meant. (Plus, I can't remember the first movie very much. Was Storm showing evil tendencies? I forget.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There were several things I didn't like about Storm in the first movie. The biggest was the near end scene, when they were fighting the Toad, and at the end of the fight, when the Toad was clearly defeated, Storm hits him with lightning.

Now, in the comic books, Storm started out completely unwilling to take a human life. She eventually discovered, to her sorrow, that she was capable of killing, when necessary. But she was NEVER casual about it. And using her powers to disintigrate an already defeated opponent was something that she would never do. Especially not in a fit of bitchiness like what was shown in the movie. That one scene almost destroyed my ability to enjoy the first movie. Storm is a complex, amazing person. Halle Berry's portrayal was... bleah.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Movie: eight thumbs up (the number of people I've talked to about it)

Storm: I personally can't blame Halle for how her character was written. As far as I can tell, the Storm of the movies is not the Storm of the comic. If we ever get some background on her I'll be able to expound further, but for now I'm basing this statement on her first conversation with Kurt (that we saw). Comic Storm would never say

oh, shoot, potential spoiler (not that it's a plot killer or anything, but...)

Fear keeps us save (or alive or something like that.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been assuming that the Storm in the movies is more like "punk" Storm back when she had the mohawk (late 100s, early 200s in the comic book)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey! I just found out some news about X2 that might interest Miral, (or anybody else who is a fan of Smallville).

The castle they used for the Xavier school in X2 is the exact same one that is used as the Luther mansion in Smallville.

The news is on a website at Kryptonsite called:

X2: The Smallville Connection:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/x2.htm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RichC:
    I have been assuming that the Storm in the movies is more like "punk" Storm back when she had the mohawk (late 100s, early 200s in the comic book)</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, that version of Storm had a personality.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast