*lol* Yes you do but don't apologise - your posts are always a good read. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] And let's face it, this place isn't exactly snowed under with posts is it? [img]wink.gif[/img]
Holy crap I talk a lot, don't I? lol Sorry about the long post [img]confused.gif[/img]
*lol* Yes you do but don't apologise - your posts are always a good read. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] And let's face it, this place isn't exactly snowed under with posts is it? [img]wink.gif[/img]
I wish I had more time to post Terry, I really do. Right now I just feel so swamped by "life stuff". When other things get settled I will be around more, I can promise you that.
Have to say.. my "life stuff" is probably contributing to my ever-increasing grouchiness as well lol
The General Discussion board is a very welcome addition to the public forum because during the week, I simply don't have the time to trawl through all of the off topic stuff. I tend to skim read a few of them but mostly I just drop by to pick up latest news and information.
I know that recently there have been one or two very interesting threads started by people and certainly I will try and join in with those if I feel I have anything worth saying or interesting to contribute towards them. It can become quite hard work to keep those threads bumped up so that people are still aware those discussions are on-going though because of all the other stuff that gets posted. Hopefully the GD board will help a little with that problem.
Yes I do think people are tending to shy away from posting their individual fan experiences somewhat of late but I can sort of understand why that is so, but I feel that isn't just exclusive to the public boards.
Hey Laurie, the copywrited photo was a artist friend of mines copywrited photo of her kitty. It's a very popular photo. I just asked the person to take it down and next time to ask the artist if they will allow them to use it. They took it down right away.
It was the general mentality of stealing a persons work that gets to me. Like the lieing on MySpace about being Darren.
I don't find you playing favorites at all Laurie you are very gracious and kind to everyone. And it's not your fault that you know some people better than you know others.
<font color="#000000" size="1">[ November 26, 2005 10:06 AM: Message edited by: LainBrain ]</font>
<font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">See now that is wrong. Using someone's intellectual property like that. I know it can be difficult to do this, but it is really a very smart, and courteous thing to do, to ask someone's permission. It doesn't take much, a quick e-mail or a PM even in some cases; and it just shows alot of respect and kindness. Cripes, if I had to count up the hours I have spent trying to track down owners of certain photosgraphs of Darren, lol, I would probably round off to weeks of time.. but it was worth it because you know for certain that the photographer is acknowledged. That is only fair.Originally posted by LainBrain:
Hey Laurie, the copywrited photo was a artist friend of mines copywrited photo of her kitty. It's a very popular photo. I just asked the person to take it down and next time to ask the artist if they will allow them to use it. They took it down right away.
It was the general mentality of stealing a persons work that gets to me. Like the lieing on MySpace about being Darren.
I don't find you playing favorites at all Laurie you are very gracious and kind to everyone. And it's not your fault that you know some people better than you know others.
<font color="#000000"><font size="1">[ November 26, 2005 10:06 AM: Message edited by: LainBrain ]</font></font>
But I know that mistakes can get made, and I'm glad to hear the person quickly took the photo down. I do think there are alot of people out there who understand the whole thing around intellectual property.
Here's my pet peeve about the board over there and I suppose why I miss Sony. It happened there too but it seems like it happened less.
There are several posters that like to provide info, interviews, appearances etc. which is great but it is always through their web pages. Perhaps it is just me but I prefer a direct link or the article to just be reposted. Just me but I don't really have the desire to register at every site. It just seems that it is becoming a worthless board for information as well because you always have to go elsewhere to get it and once it is posted that way, it is never posted another way as that would be repetitive and make people grumpy.
Just feeling a little grumpy as I haven't had a lot of time to keep up and when I get a few minutes to try and catch up, it was a pain to try and get info. There are all these threads but most of the links don't work for me so it was a waste of time.
It was nice to find the link that Spinner made to planetdarren that just automatically opened. Wish they were all posted that way.
I know that they do it because it is probably easier but it has the appearance of an ego fest...everybody wanting people to go see their webpage and how devoted they are to Darren instead of making it about just providing the info.
Kind of curious...why all these fan sites want people to register anyway. I can understand for a message board but for other sections?
That used to be one of my pet peeves too mlue *doesn't care nowadays* and that's why I always used to post the article/pics in full on here and on Sony, rather than just the link b/c I know how irritated I used to feel when I opened a thread expecting to read an article or see some pics and all I got was a bloody link! [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]
Btw, I agree totally on your 'ego-fest' theory. [img]wink.gif[/img]
<font color="#000000" size="1">[ November 26, 2005 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>
i dunno about ego (cos lord knows i sometimes think i am ready to try anything to get people to check out certain sites i had in the past LOL) but i certainly agree i find it annoying to try to check out an article on a site only to find they want me to sign up. Jumping through pointless hoops is no fun lol
I think the issue of posting links can be very difficult sometimes if you've got dial-up rather than broadband. I know that I've become very accustomed to being able to click a link and to see the thing instantaneously. But there are still a lot of people who are on dial-up, so having to trawl through registration etc would be time-consuming and possibly costly.
On the other hand, I can understand that if someone has gone to the effort of recording a show or radio interview, whatever, that they might prefer to post the link in such a way that they get recognition for their efforts. Without people sharing the interviews from all over the world, a lot of the fans out there would miss out. So I'm grateful to anybody who is willing to share, to be honest. And I am most definitely hoping that you lovely Aussies out there might be posting clips from the Music Max show after Christmas! I know a lot of people are avoiding spoilers about the show, but there is definitely one performance I am dying to see!
Speaking from experience, when I posted the Darkness vid to my space I was amazed at the sheer volume of traffic that went through that page, especially in the first weeks. The hits came from all over the world, even places I'd never imagined there would be fans. I was really pleased to be able to do that for people just for the love of it all.
I also find my reviews turn up in the most unexpected hands too...but that is another story! [img]wink.gif[/img]
Bookmarks