Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Test

  1. #21
    Senior Hostboard Member Mike Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Here's wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    Mike
    Life is too short to be taken Cirrus.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    ...Anyway, after almost four years I'm no longer Altec 'free' thanks to some very generous forum members, with Lynyrd Skynyrd tuning up 'Free Bird' in the living room, Guns n' Roses waiting in the wings and the noise police banging on the door , so Merry Christmas and all that jive to one and all!

    GM
    Now that's some REALLY good news!!

    Best Wishes to all you guys. (Later today) I'll raise a glass to all my good friends near and far. May your rocks be polished and your rolls get buttered!

    (Now to figure out what these new (emot)icons are all about...
    :Sheep squirt:
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  3. #23
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Wow. It is all new here now.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

  4. #24
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    Now that's some REALLY good news!!

    Best Wishes to all you guys. (Later today) I'll raise a glass to all my good friends near and far. May your rocks be polished and your rolls get buttered!

    (Now to figure out what these new (emot)icons are all about...
    :Sheep squirt:
    Me too...you can upload smilies...
    :mooning:

  5. #25
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Hi folks,

    Just got on myself - kind of confusing, I admit.

    I'm looking into getting our logo and green background back - will try to accomplish that later tonight or tomorrow. It's pretty cumbersome to change it.

    Merry Christmas!

    - Todd
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  6. #26
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Wow , that sheep squirting blood,, that is a perverse emoticon.........


    Hope all had a great x-mas....
    Wife surprised with a first edition, hardback copy of the hard to find Dune Encyclopedia.
    Only thing missing was the outer sleeve, other than that , great condition. Been looking for one for years and she was somehow receptive, never did say a thing about it.


    Wish all a happy new year....


    -chris

  7. #27
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Quote Originally Posted by oface1 View Post
    Wow , that sheep squirting blood,, that is a perverse emoticon.........

    I guess it does say "Sheep Squirt", but I thought it was a pooping cow!
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  8. #28
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    How did you access the old post?

    Cheers, Marshall.

  9. #29
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Ditto! Although Christmas is now past.

    Seems like the new site is working ok for me. I didn't have any problems.

    Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gibson View Post
    Here's wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    Mike

  10. #30
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    I'm unhappy with several things about it -

    For one, the ability to customize it to "our" color scheme is NOT easy - it's VERY cumbersome and will take a lot of tweaking to get right (there's no WYSIWYG ability, so you have to guess at what you're getting when you mess with something.

    Secondly, it won't let me upload a custom logo for the forum.

    Third, it won't let me put things where I want them - for example: I would very much like to put the listing of who is online up above the posts, but, so far, I haven't been able to figure out how.

    It's also not carrying over the encoding of the forum title from the main page to the post pages - if you look at the top of this page, you can see the code in the text...


    There's more, but I don't want to rant...

    I operate another forum on ProBoards, and they're not much better...

    Still debating on how to changeover to our own operation - I can get the server space, but am wondering what forum software to use. The other problem is importing all of the posts here into a new venue.

    Any suggestions?
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.