Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Test

  1. #31
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd W. White View Post
    It's also not carrying over the encoding of the forum title from the main page to the post pages - if you look at the top of this page, you can see the code in the text...
    You may just have to re-enter it. My tag line showed the html (or whatever) instead of executing it. I retyped it as I wanted it to appear and it now works.

    I have an issue with the owner on something in the control panel that he doesn't seem to get, but it's something that once you know about it isn't an issue...... maybe if he gets more question over time on it, he'll understand what I'm talking about.

    I notice that as I'm previewing this post, the forum title appears correctly, but after I send the post it does not. On our main page it appears correctly for me.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #32
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Hostboard currently has 2 known issues:

    1. Censored words does not seem to work in the control panel.
    2. Access for Moderators to the control panel needs to be implemented.

    First on the hit list after we resolve the known bugs is to re-visit is the stupid CSS system and making it easier to customize. This is going to take alot of programming and decided that we needed to move foward with the migration first.

    Outside of that we are watching server loads and how the new site is reacting and continual tweaking of the settings to optimize performance.

    Outside of that there was little in terms of assistance when we asked for beta testers so we got very little feedback and 2 of us tested almost everything. With well over 1 million posts and close to 200,000 users there was alot to sort out and test against.

    The new system will allow us to once again look to the future as a platform that is not antiquated and out dated and allow alot more done in terms of abilities. Unfortunaly there are growing pains and there are only 2 of us to handle the Hostboard community.

    I welcome anyone that has an issue, comment, problem to please post it in the help desk asea so we can address it. The help desk is a new area that will allow us to not only track and resolve issue but allow us to have a sort of knowledge base to refer back on.

    Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday!
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

  3. #33
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Forgot to add, if you beleive you are missing posts please let mw know ASAP so we can do a comparison against the 2 databases and make sure everything transfered.

    Thanx
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

  4. #34
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Hello Steven,

    Since you seem you are in the know,

    What is the rep power?

    Not really worried about it, just a curiosity.



    Thanks,



    -chris

  5. #35
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Steven is one of Hostboard's owners - guess our discussion caught his attention.
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  6. #36
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    so far it is really slow to load, and from review of past posts..are all our old links now in html format, do we need to cut and paste? just from the few i looked at, i wanted to see if micheals horns reached the 10,000 dollar mark...
    "those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928

  7. #37
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Quote Originally Posted by valhallax View Post
    so far it is really slow to load, and from review of past posts..are all our old links now in html format, do we need to cut and paste? just from the few i looked at, i wanted to see if micheals horns reached the 10,000 dollar mark...

    I've already mentioned the old posts being messed up to Steve...... looks like all the [ & ] were left out during the transfer.

    I don't have problem with it being slow, but rather with "Connection Terminated" errors.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  8. #38
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    Seems to be working well for a new version.

    One thing I have noticed is that the direct links placed in posts are missing.

  9. #39
    Senior Hostboard Member drummerwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    I had troubles a couple days ago, but all seems well from my seat !
    Thanks guys for providing and maintaining this place.

    Have fun!
    Willie
    "And the beat goes on"<br /> Willie

  10. #40
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Test

    I finally worked thru my User CP issues, but like A_b_G, timeouts are frustrating. Lost 2 new posts so far to that. Guess I'll start writing in notepad, then cut & paste real quick.

    I noticed some images that require login to view. That's a pain for someone like me that tries to watch his cookie intake...

    Added:
    I just browsed back thru several old posts to check if the documents or pictures I'd linked to were carried over. Sad to say, most weren't. Only the examples where I posted the actual html string are still there, but even those are no longer active links, and one must carefully select the text string for browser pasting, as there is nothing that distinguishes the string from the remaining text, not even so much as a space...

    It looks like anything we entered using the old html "buttons" is gone. I suppose I could redo all the links to stuff I've hosted, the rest could be a real PITA. Bummer...

    On the positive side, either the pesky Intellitext is gone, or our workaround hack still works. Having a WYSIWYG editor and the ability to delete posts is cool too.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.