Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Snow

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow

    I remember the 95 thing. I think it was January or February. I was in the middle of first grade. That was when I lived close to Strawberry Patch. The old Big Stone Magic Mart and Piggly Wiggly buildings we saw like a little bus flipped over or something.

    Of course I remember 1996 just after New Years. Lightning and there were power lines going down.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow

    Yeah, a good snow is a thing of the past and a rare sight here, along with actually really cold temps. Below zero readings weren't all that rare at one time. Been a while since we've seen stuff like that. This probably seems a little early too for some considering the trend in recent years.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow

    We lived in a house in the post New Year's 96 blizzard where the Powell River was behind us. When it all melted the river was flooded. I was in second grade I think and I think they dismissed school because of all the flooding.

    I remember going to my grandmother's house sledding. That was a pretty good amount of snow.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember halloween being white before. </div></div>

    Last time was in 1993.

    This has been the coldest fall I can remember in a long time.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow

    Saw about 5 snowflakes fall on the way to work this morning
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick_Vitale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would love to see something more than 12 inches.</div></div>

    Thats what she said
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  7. #27
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow

    The '95 snow was in March I believe. It all melted in about a week I believe. We missed a weeks worth of school then went back. If we had gotten that much snow in January, we would have missed at least 2 weeks. I remember some of the snow drifts being at least 2 foot high. I can remember building tunnels through the snow.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow

    I seen snow flurries on the way to work today.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow

    i saw this when i looked out my back porch this morning


    16 08 25   Snow Scene web
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Snow

    Winter Weather Advisory

    ... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EDT TUESDAY...

    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MORRISTOWN HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EDT TUESDAY.

    More Information
    ... LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS FOR HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA AND EASTERN TENNESSEE MOUNTAINS TONIGHT AND TUESDAY MORNING...

    .A STRONG UPPER LEVEL TROUGH DIGGING SOUTH INTO THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIANS WILL BRING BELOW NORMAL TEMPERATURES TONIGHT AND TUESDAY ALONG WITH ENOUGH MOISTURE FOR SNOW SHOWERS TO BRING ACCUMULATING SNOW IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA AND EAST TENNESSEE. THE SNOW SHOWERS WILL DECREASE BY TUESDAY AFTERNOON.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •