Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 203

Thread: RNC

  1. #161
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RNC

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey NSSB, let me ask you a question. I see you on here everday bitching and moaning about Obama. let me hear your answer to why Mr. Mccain is a better choice. </div></div>

    Actual experience, actual leadership.

    McCain is a real person, not a 'community organizer' who lives for the PR moment. He isn't someone that will opt out of visiting a military hospital when he can't take his cameras with him.

    John McCain is an American hero. He went to war, almost gave his life for this country. He comes from a long line of American heroes.

    John McCain is extremely qualified for the office of the President of the United States.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #162
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RNC

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's $10K less that's sitting stagnant in a bank/mutual fund</div></div>

    Therein lies the fallacy of your argument. That $10K isn't being 'stagnant' in a bank account or mutual fund. That money is being invested in something that actually benefits people. That $10K is part of your mortgage loan or someone's vehicle loan.

    The economy isn't a zero-sum game. I would much rather my money go into my bank account (or sit stagnant, if you prefer) than go to the federal government to pay for any social spending.

    Stagnant indeed... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]</div></div>

    If the middle class had more financial flexibility there wouldn't be as much need for vehicle/mortgage loans (Read: more people could pay more cash down, less years to a term, less money borrowed, etc...), or at least ones that put the middle class in a bad spot...but that's a whole another story.

    Plus--the weakness of your argument is assuming their investments are commercial & stateside ones--the major trend in investing now are overseas markets, especially Japan & China--so tell me where the rich investing these extra dollars in global markets helps us stateside, when they could be going towards the national debt/education?

    Now--I'm not talking about "your money". You're middle class, otherwise you wouldn't live in Dungannon. I'm talking the rich who aren't going to be bankrupted by another percentage point or two of their money going from a stagnant account to aid us on the national debt/education (NOT necessarily social programs like welfare which is abused). You shouldn't feel threatened by what I'm talking about here because "you" aren't rich and it's not going to affect "your money" adversely--probably will help you out, actually.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #163
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RNC

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">


    I'm not into fairness--I'm into what makes this country the global & personal economic model of the world again. </div></div>

    sm38

    Again?</div></div>

    One word--Immigration. People wouldn't be building rafts out of cars to get here from Cuba or trying to jump the fence along the Mexican border DAILY unless we had something better than a lot of places in the world.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #164
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RNC

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    You shouldn't feel threatened by what I'm talking about here because "you" aren't rich and it's not going to affect "your money" adversely--probably will help you out, actually. </div></div>

    Once again, you return to your class warfare.

    What's to stop the government from taking 60 or 70 or even 80 percent? Where does it end?

    They're rich, they can afford it!

    What happens when Atlas shrugs and the economic burden falls upon your favored lower classes?

    You should really stop trying to maintain your aura of 'moderation' and admit what you really want.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #165
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RNC

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">


    I'm not into fairness--I'm into what makes this country the global & personal economic model of the world again. </div></div>

    sm38

    Again?</div></div>

    One word--Immigration. People wouldn't be building rafts out of cars to get here from Cuba or trying to jump the fence along the Mexican border DAILY unless we had something better than a lot of places in the world. </div></div>

    True, yet you seem to think that reason needs to be renewed, hence your use of 'again'.

    All I know is that the last eight years have been the best of my life.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #166
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RNC

    Being a POW and a Bush backing flip-flopper doesn't in itself qualify anyone to be president.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #167
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RNC

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    All I know is that the last eight years have been the best of my life. </div></div>

    You're in the minority.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #168
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RNC

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">


    I'm not into fairness--I'm into what makes this country the global & personal economic model of the world again. </div></div>

    sm38

    Again?</div></div>

    One word--Immigration. People wouldn't be building rafts out of cars to get here from Cuba or trying to jump the fence along the Mexican border DAILY unless we had something better than a lot of places in the world. </div></div>

    True, yet you seem to think that reason needs to be renewed, hence your use of 'again'.

    All I know is that the last eight years have been the best of my life.</div></div>

    It may have been high cotton down in Dungannon, but it's been pure shite everywhere else.

    Either I need to move down there next to you, or the country needs to change--all signs point to the latter choice.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #169
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RNC

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    You shouldn't feel threatened by what I'm talking about here because "you" aren't rich and it's not going to affect "your money" adversely--probably will help you out, actually. </div></div>

    Once again, you return to your class warfare.

    What's to stop the government from taking 60 or 70 or even 80 percent? Where does it end?

    They're rich, they can afford it!

    What happens when Atlas shrugs and the economic burden falls upon your favored lower classes?

    You should really stop trying to maintain your aura of 'moderation' and admit what you really want.



    </div></div>

    I just told you what I really want...gave you raw data with numbers, but you keep babbling about Atlas and shrugging shoulders and class warfare.

    Get over it man...I made my point about how I see the economy, if you disagree, fine.

    Moving on...
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #170
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RNC

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    It may have been high cotton down in Dungannon, but it's been pure shite everywhere else.
    </div></div>

    Is this one of your 'if I repeat it often enough, it will be true' things?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •