Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 79

Thread: Anyone?

  1. #61
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    Still you swallow everything that fits your political view...just as those who said what they did about Kerry did it for political purposes....Guess you'd rather have a dodger who sat in Texas than someone who actually made the trip. Typical Republican double standard.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #62
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    How about the last Dem Prez? You know. The one that took off to Canada to avoid the military. Bush joined the guard, probably to avoid REAL service. Flip joined the service to launch a political career. He is the only person I have ever heard of showing up in a war zone with a camera crew. If he had not been such a coward I'm sure the men who served with him would have supported him. He was put in charge of a swift boat, with no experience and no courage. And he failed at the job miserably. Couldn't make a decision about anything. You know, kind of like B. HUSSEIN to date in the Senate. Can't make a decision about anything. But you worship him and think he can lead a country. Amazing
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #63
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    I'm not the one using military service as a prerequesite to be President.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #64
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not the one using military service as a prerequesite to be President. </div></div>

    Oh I'm not either. Flip had military "service" and look what a joke he is.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  5. #65
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    And Mccain wont end up as a joke as well? Its just like defending Bush, which you have NOTHING to do so.

  6. #66
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not the one using military service as a prerequesite to be President. </div></div>

    If you look at past history, every Prez since WWII save the draft dodger had military service. Not a prerequesite, but definitely a plus.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  7. #67
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not the one using military service as a prerequesite to be President. </div></div>

    If you look at past history, every Prez since WWII save the draft dodger had military service. Not a prerequesite, but definitely a plus.</div></div>

    I think it should be a prerequisite--but the experience should include ACTUAL service, not just stateside-posted national guard or something where they're defending something that never gets attacked, or a post where they serve as an officer in an office where there's next to no chance they'll be in battle.

    That way, if/when they have to make the decision to go to war, the understand fully what some of these guys are going to get into--make them understand that these are real people and not pawns in a chess game.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #68
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it should be a prerequisite--but the experience should include ACTUAL service, not just stateside-posted national guard or something where they're defending something that never gets attacked, or a post where they serve as an officer in an office where there's next to no chance they'll be in battle.

    That way, if/when they have to make the decision to go to war, the understand fully what some of these guys are going to get into--make them understand that these are real people and not pawns in a chess game. </div></div>


    And your an obama supporter. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #69
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it should be a prerequisite--but the experience should include ACTUAL service, not just stateside-posted national guard or something where they're defending something that never gets attacked, or a post where they serve as an officer in an office where there's next to no chance they'll be in battle.

    That way, if/when they have to make the decision to go to war, the understand fully what some of these guys are going to get into--make them understand that these are real people and not pawns in a chess game. </div></div>


    And your an obama supporter. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]</div></div>

    Last I checked, I don't work in an "Office for Change". I'm still an undecided voter.

    When are people gonna understand that one issue doesn't make a difference in who you vote for...or at least it shouldn't? Just because I'd like for actual military service in battle to be a prerequisite for POTUS, doesn't mean it actually is--so I can't hold that against/for somebody when I'm voting.

    How are we gonna praise McCain for military battle experience when Dubya was in the Texas Air Natl Guard stateside and Kerry was in Vietnam in battles...but yet the military nod went to Bush??? Double-standard there.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #70
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last I checked, I don't work in an "Office for Change". I'm still an undecided voter.
    </div></div>

    Yet all you have done is come out in support of obama.



    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just because I'd like for actual military service in battle to be a prerequisite for POTUS, doesn't mean it actually is--so I can't hold that against/for somebody when I'm voting.
    </div></div>

    Yes you can hold that against them. If it is your belief then you either uphold that belief such as abortion pro/con and hold that against a candidate as many do or you flip/flop and justify it by saying well that isn't a real issue.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •