Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

or was there more action happening when SG were on that infamous "hiatus" [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*sighs* Nah Kat, it's not just you..... [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

I'm just glad that I've left most of this/him behind now cos it doesn't bother me anymore but if this had happened a couple of years ago..... [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL true Terry, It wouldnt normally bother me but I have been bored and looking for good chat and none to be found.. no scandal no news no nothing!!!

Seems its all but a graveyard DH wise!!

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The similarities between him and George Michael are becoming closer aren't they? Did you read DebSG's thread on the AntiSG bbs about GM retiring from music biz b/c his music isn't taken seriously these days and that all the boppers etc. want is pop pap? Also, I gather from reading an earlier interview with GM that Sony's promotion of him has been less than enthusiastic (ring any bells?) and that also has something to do with his decision.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Personally, and I stress the word <u>personally</u>, I reckon DH is also on the brink of jacking it all in....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I did read that thread. Its a sad day really that he feels that way. Its pretty much true though. Thats all the record companies spend anytime promoting is that teenage pap.

It already kind of feels like DH has pulled away from the mainstream music promotion. He has taken up doing all the Gay Pride and Mardi Gras and more club scene type stuff.

I reckon sony is gonna drop him and if not officially just by doing nothing for him at all. I think DH will have to just do promo appearances and club gigs for awhile now if he wants to do musical stuff.

Its a damm shame and a waste for both GM and DH!

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, it is a shame and a waste, especially when there's so much fucking crap out there getting the recognition that it truly doesn't deserve! [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

God yeah!! He needs to go screw some famous girl/guy to get into the spotlight. It seems thats the only way they sell albums.

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps he and GM should get it on with each other! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] It might do both of them a favour?! [img]wink.gif[/img] LMAO

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Twizzle:
    Perhaps he and GM should get it on with each other! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] It might do both of them a favour?! [img]wink.gif[/img] LMAO
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMFAO I had that thought as well. Bloody brilliant idea!

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well......... personally, I think getting dropped and doing club appearances wouldn't be a bad thing. I was just thinking about this the other day when I read that thread on the bbs about his journal and where someone said that he'd post when he had something to say. That brought to mind what I heard about the recent US show (that fundraiser) where he supposedly commented about being fat because he's on a break. My point is this........

First off, let me admit that it's easy to tell someone else what they should be doing and not so easy to do it yourself. I fully understand that what I'm about to say isn't entirely fair.

BUT how on earth is it possible NOT to have anything to say if you're Darren Hayes????? When I think of what he could do with that online zine or even a printed one. And I don't mean more pictures of his damned dog or more fan art/poems. Wishes. Thoughts. Bits of writing. Song ideas that never came to full bloom. His drawings and doodles. What does he think of the US election results or even of Charles' coming marriage. Before the tour, he could have shared plans and hopes for the tour. Now that it's over, he could share expriences and thoughts. How can anyone have nothing to say????

As for now, there's an entire internet that he could use to get his music out. Or get his ass on the road with a band to sing in clubs and venues. And Sony isn't the only label in town. Not for Darren and not for George Michael. If they don't like how Sony does things, then ask to be released and move to another label. Maybe even a smaller one..... yeah, you stand to make less money. But I think you also get more control over the art of making music. There are a ton of independent radio stations in the US that he could visit. These are smaller stations that don't get the "big" stars, so I would think it's possible.

Sorry, I guess that I ranted just now and I veered off topic. LOL It's just that this has been building in me for a while ....... there are so many untried things that Darren could do musically and with his fans. I run a website where I see artists who have long and (to them) successful careers without ever once signing to a major label or having a traditional "single" hit, so I often find myself wondering why it is that people focus on only the major labels and major media outlets when there are a million other ways to work around those things.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast