Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AsoCl:
    Maybe it is a little late now... sorry for the delay... but I didn't read this topic earlier... and honestly, I stopped reading it at some point.. but maybe this might put an end to this discussion... this is what Mike said about his spirituality last year in Munich (08/25/2005):

---
    Yes, I am very spiritual. I try to grab things from everybody you know who believe in some source spirituality, you know.

That means it is not important what kind of religion it is taken from?
    MN: Oh, no, I think everyone has something to offer and noone is right, I mean, let's face it, religion is manmade and therefore subjective to error, you know. But spirituality, just is. It's just there. And you have to find it, inside of you.

This can be found in various SxDx Songs, right?
    MN:Absolutely, yeah.

And you often refer to God in your lyrics...
    MN:Yeah and it's not necessarily you know, I mean I have never read a whole bible, or, I don't go to church. I go, but to me God is symbolic for spirituality something greater then me, something greater then us, you know, this God being a guard, a force, of some kind. I think that it's important to find it, each indiviudal find their own and incoorporate it in your live.
    ---

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ March 20, 2006 07:25 AM: Message edited by: AsoCl ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Thank you for posting that!

I didnt read the words "we must except Jesus Christ into our heart, he died for our sins, and that we will burn in eternal hellfire if we dont" in there anywhere, or even the word Jesus.
    I heard spirituality 4 times, and God being symbolic of spirtuality, religion being manmade and subjective to error, and that we need to find the source (God) within and incorporate it into our own lives. Oh yah, and he doesnt go to church on Sundays.
    Hmmm, thats uh, definately clarity.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

miss erica
    i told you the other day leave him alone...i will go to church on sunday and pray for you then after confession will i have a couple pints of guinness....amen

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you Erica, you're welcome [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AsoCl:
    Maybe it is a little late now... sorry for the delay... but I didn't read this topic earlier... and honestly, I stopped reading it at some point.. but maybe this might put an end to this discussion... this is what Mike said about his spirituality last year in Munich (08/25/2005):

---
    Yes, I am very spiritual. I try to grab things from everybody you know who believe in some source spirituality, you know.

That means it is not important what kind of religion it is taken from?
    MN: Oh, no, I think everyone has something to offer and noone is right, I mean, let's face it, religion is manmade and therefore subjective to error, you know. But spirituality, just is. It's just there. And you have to find it, inside of you.

This can be found in various SxDx Songs, right?
    MN:Absolutely, yeah.

And you often refer to God in your lyrics...
    MN:Yeah and it's not necessarily you know, I mean I have never read a whole bible, or, I don't go to church. I go, but to me God is symbolic for spirituality something greater then me, something greater then us, you know, this God being a guard, a force, of some kind. I think that it's important to find it, each indiviudal find their own and incoorporate it in your live.
    ---

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ March 20, 2006 07:25 AM: Message edited by: AsoCl ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">You have a link to this? all you did is copy and paste and from a newly created account.. your post proves nothing........

Heres FACTS

Mike is singing behind Christ in his video wehn the angels sing, and he has Christ tatooed in the center of his chest. Religion is man made, but Jesus Christ is not. And a relationship with Jesus Christ is spirital. And you have no creditabily with your post and a very recent created account to post it with.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh baby... that does almost sound as if you are trying to insult me... well, try... you want facts? Here we go:

FACT: first of all: there is no contradiction in what you just said about Mike's tattoos and all and what I posted... when he says he takes things from everywhere, why not including Jesus Christ?

FACT: and... there is nothing wrong about not being a member of this board in the past and having created this account recently...

FACT: the interview this is taken from can be found on www.socialdistortion.de (I'm sorry it's in German). I also have it on tape and I heard it with my own ears...

FACT: plus: (and that is very important) I have no interest in putting something in Mikes mouth or Mikes words that isn't there... I have the feeling you do...

FACT: I don't want to prove anything, believe it or not, I just had the thought my "knowledge" (can't think of a better word now) might help you... I get the feeling you don't wanna know what is true or might be true or whatever, you wanna have your opinion proven - come what may...

FACT: and finally: I don't give a fuck what you think about my credibility, I have no reason to make something up [img]smile.gif[/img] by the way, I don't have to copy and paste, I can get the taperecorder and write it down while listening to his words [img]wink.gif[/img]

thank you and good night

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i love this thread its amazing

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, sir; this beats the fuck outta "General Hospital".

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Might I also say...
    Everything AsoCl said makes sense to me, especially the bit about some people not wanting to know the truth, only wanting their opinions proven. I deal with a lot of people like that daily and in my opinion (which can't be proven!), I think he hit the nail right on the head, so to speak...

By the way- Welcome, AsoCl.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aber Social Distortion sind heute ja schon ganz sch?n weit. Sogar bei Amazon und so weiter gibt es heute eure Platten zu kaufen...

M.N.: Ja, das Internet ist die beliebteste Musikquelle f?r jeden. Aber das Problem ist, dass die Leute heute keine CDs mehr kaufen. Sie laden die Musik einfach nur noch runter. Ich denke, das ist nicht wirklich fair f?r den K?nstler. Die Leute wissen einfach nicht, wieviel Arbeit dahinter steckt.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">So, Mike doesn't like people downloading music on the internet and not buying CDs. So, watch out you pirates...... [img]mad.gif[/img]

But back on topic, or the topic that this thread has turned into, I would say what I said before about the lyrics and where Mike might stand on all of this, it sounds like what I said before is probably true. Mike is a "seeker", believes in God in some way, but not organized relgion, and probably would not call himself a Christian. However, his lyrics are full of many Christian themes, God's grace, heaven and hell, a dark and a light side. Hey, I'm fine with all that, I love his lyrics, and hope he keeps writing in the same way. I might be somewhat of the same mind on many topics, differ on others. I would love to sit down and talk to him about these sort of things and life in general.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so i am going to jump in the middel of this thread and post my thoughts and hopefully not get bombarded with hate mail, no matter which side of the fence you are on this topic, to me personally, I believe in Jesus Christ, I believe he is my lord, and I believe in his teachings, but one thing i hate is when people call it a religion, it is not a religion, Catholicism is a religion, mormounism is a religion, baptist is a religion, the word Christian, litterally translates to "Christ like". And to me its not a religion, its a way of life, its a way i choose to be, and I believe Organized Religion gives Christianity a bad name, and a lot of Christians give religion a bad name, Python, you are going about this the wrong way, you site here and preach about all this, yet there has been nothing but negative and pretty sarcastic remarks in your posts, and yes the other people do the same, but dont expect to convert people over a message board.
    -------
    now that is said, i personally mike believes in jesus, whether you believe he was lord or not jesus did exist and the events were true. i also believe mike takes a lot of his beliefs from christianity, most but not all, and yes if you had to categorize him, he would probably be labled a christian, although its clear that he does not like to lable his religion. this arguement is obviously leading nowhere, and python when you are discussing religion with agnostics, aithiest, and whole bunch of other beliefs and philosophies on life, the last thing you want to do is turn it into an arguement becasue you will do more harm then good.