Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

slackhopper i beg to differ but this isnt the place for that so lets just agree to disagree

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

will check out the new setzer album as soon as i get a chance

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

im not saying i agree or disagree with the discussion behind the meaning on the song untitled, but if it had religous meanings it wouldnt suprise me. It would actually make a little bit of sense, if you look at the other song titles like 'crown of thorns' & 'when the angels sing'. the artwork on the back of album adds to that idea as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SD Fan 01 - you don't like the new Setzer album...? I kid, I kid...
    You are right - let's agree to disagree. And that is what is nice about this little community, isn't it - we don't believe the same things, we don't come from the same backgrounds, we will never agree on the same things. But we come together with one thing in common and are able (for the most part) to have rational discussions about our irrational world. When I was young that was probably the one thing that attracted me to the bad-hair and funny-clothes club - a very diverse group of folks with only music as a common touching-stone and a willingness to listen and argue and accept each other's differences... that and the pretty girls... And after 20+ years, we can still come together and cry in our beer about the loss of Joe Strummer and then argue until dawn about some of the biggest issues facing our little blue marble. We accepted each other's opinions and beliefs, no matter how wrong they seem to us individually - it was, and still is, us against the world. Unlike the boomers, none of us ever felt that someone was betraying "the cause" because they were conservative or religious or thought the aliens were behind it all.

Now go and check out the Setzer album, it will kick you in the ass.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAqiwerjdsj'ojDIS!

hARRY pOTTER IS eVIL!???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHajrflkhjeri['jrajeri!!!!!!!

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by slackhopper:
    SD Fan 01 - you don't like the new Setzer album...? I kid, I kid...
    You are right - let's agree to disagree. And that is what is nice about this little community, isn't it - we don't believe the same things, we don't come from the same backgrounds, we will never agree on the same things. But we come together with one thing in common and are able (for the most part) to have rational discussions about our irrational world. When I was young that was probably the one thing that attracted me to the bad-hair and funny-clothes club - a very diverse group of folks with only music as a common touching-stone and a willingness to listen and argue and accept each other's differences... that and the pretty girls... And after 20+ years, we can still come together and cry in our beer about the loss of Joe Strummer and then argue until dawn about some of the biggest issues facing our little blue marble. We accepted each other's opinions and beliefs, no matter how wrong they seem to us individually - it was, and still is, us against the world. Unlike the boomers, none of us ever felt that someone was betraying "the cause" because they were conservative or religious or thought the aliens were behind it all.

Now go and check out the Setzer album, it will kick you in the ass.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Well put, Slackhopper. One thing I strive to do well is "disagree without being disagreeable" (yes, I often fall far short).
    It is amazing how much better my life got when I learned to look for similarities instead of differences.

Also, thank you for the heads-up on the Setzer record. I immediately checked it out and yeah... Niiiiiiiiice!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by social_d_fan01:
    Erica while i respect you as a fan and all your knowledge that remark about our "dumbass troops" is a little harsh. our troops are doing their job without many complaints and they are doing damn good if ya ask me. it isnt the easiest job in america but needs to be done to keep people like us safe for foreign threats I.E. iraq and afghanistan so dont bash our troops that doesnt help their moral at all they are already in a long drawn out war that they are gonna be apart of for many years to come so try to be a little more confident about your homeland
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">It was harsh. I was all fired up when I posted that, and I was really referring to the people starting the war, not the people fighting it. I feel very sorry for the troops and their families. I'm sure alot of them are over there feeling dumb at times though. Wondering how did I choose this as my path in life? Am I going to survive? Will I ever see my kids/parents/mate/friends again? All the suffering that so many people have and will endure over this war is a shame. I'm sure many of them would have forfieted the hero title and chose a different path if they would have known all the terror they would be facing. Its heartbreaking.
    They should be recognized and honored for having to be so brave. I apologize for my harshness.

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Erica S:
    I'm sure many of them would have forfieted the hero title and chose a different path if they would have known all the terror they would be facing. Its heartbreaking.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Yeah, I've got a few friends who are over there, completely against it, but tied up in it nonetheless. They had no idea what they were in for; they just wanted to break out of the dead-end cycle of our town and get some money for college and all that shit. They definately miscalculated as to what they'd be in for (or, as the cynic inside me says, got hustled) and they'd be happy to be working at fucking McDonald's right now.

My brother enlisted in Spring 2001 and his "famous last words" to comfort our nervous mother were "It's not like we're going to war or something". Now, him I do call a dumbass. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The thing on Harry Potter is some fear that these books and movies are an invitation to the occult.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Judging by your Harry Potter logic, Python, anyone reading a book like, say, the bible would read little pearls of wisdom like "an eye for an eye" and "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" and would immediately go out and kill someone... Christianity would be nothing but a thinly-veiled excuse to go out and murder anyone who was different... that would be terrible...

oh wait... it is a thinly veiled excuse to go out and murder anyone who is different.

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ March 13, 2006 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Jonny_0110 ]</font></font>

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ March 13, 2006 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Jonny_0110 ]</font></font>

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ March 13, 2006 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Jonny_0110 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jonny_0110:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Judging by your Harry Potter logic, Python, anyone reading a book like, say, the bible would read little pearls of wisdom like "an eye for an eye" and "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" and would immediately go out and kill someone... Christianity would be nothing but a thinly-veiled excuse to go out and murder anyone who was different... that would be terrible...

oh wait... it is a thinly veiled excuse to go out and murder anyone who is different.

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ March 13, 2006 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Jonny_0110 ]</font></font>

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ March 13, 2006 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Jonny_0110 ]</font></font>

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ March 13, 2006 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Jonny_0110 ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Keep in mind Chrisianity is not the only religion who uses the bible. Most all religions use the Old testament. Christ is the only way to salvation. The paths are wide that lead to destruction, but the path to eternal life is narrow, and few people travel upon it.

The eye for eye is in reference inside a judial system (goverment), its not meant to take law into your own hands in an invividual basis. And further into that, it was for Israels goverment. Not the Gentils (nonJewish).

And the judges shall investigate thoroughly . . . Thus you shall purge the evil from among you. And the rest will hear and be afraid . . . Thus you shall not show pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. Deut. 19:18-21

Its saying if you kill someone, you should suffer the same punishment you inflict on someone else. You cant take things out of context, you have to read the whole thing. Which takes time and understanding.. I'm still learnign and will also be just learning...

You gotta keep in mind also the Old Teastament laws were for the nation of Israel only. Christ abolished the old laws. We are not saved by law, but by grace. It gets confusing. And I'm always learning.. I think I've come along way, I only started reading the bible in December of last year on a serious level. Even as a kid, didnt take it in, I had one, and went to church, but I never did take intrest.