Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 139

Thread: Untitled

  1. #31
    spomaxman
    Guest spomaxman's Avatar

    Post

    i'm gonna go with esn212 on this one, it's really getting to be nauseating

  2. #32
    Inactive Member PrivateHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    308
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Originally posted by esn212:
    In the interest of not saying anything I might regret, I am going to go ahead and suggest a "NO RELIGION" policy on this board. If we want to talk about Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Judaism, the satanic nature of Harry Potter or whatever, we can do it elsewhere. Just a thought...
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I agree. I don't come to this board to talk about religion. I come to talk about the greatest damn band on the planet.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member Python423's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2003
    Posts
    358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think parents over-react to this myself. But witchcraft does goes against God. Not just Christians, most all Religion I have heard about. And most all Religions use the Old Testament as a basis (Even Islam). Again I think they are just being over protective.

    There are positive aspects to Harry Potter. Love is shown through selflessness and self-sacrifice; Harry's own mother died to save him. There is a sense of justice, as good always triumphs over evil. Harry faces his fears and finds courage, even risking his own life for greater good. Friendships are defined by loyalty and unending devotion, even to the point of death.

    But I'd like to follow up with you Erica via email and others as well.. I don't want to intrude on this thread.

    But I do feel we are a "sense of family", we who come here as Social Distortion fans. And I think we need a place to air out our feelings in a loving respecting type place. As a family. Maybe another folder? I dont know how hostboard works, most forums, you can sub-divide folders. And people interesting in airing stuff like that out among fellow fans (family) could go there. I dunno. I'd like to continue with email tho until or if ever such a place exists. This tread was about what it was suppose to be about until it got off topic. But the reason I put scripture in there with the meaning of the song is so that It didnt come acrosss as my "thoughts alone". We were just trying to interpet what we thought it meant to Mike. These songs are mikes true feelings.. He doesnt make generlized lyrics. I even remember hearing in some old interviews of his, how he was amazed how his songs helped others, that he didnt think about any of that as he wrote em. They are from his heart.

    I just wish Mike had someway of interacting with this board, I am thinking about writting him a letter to see if I can reach him. As I dont know how to contact via email. He could clear the air himself on his own beliefs.

    I love Social Distortion, and I love thier Fans!!!

    Peace be with us,
    Python

  4. #34
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by esn212:
    In the interest of not saying anything I might regret, I am going to go ahead and suggest a "NO RELIGION" policy on this board. If we want to talk about Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Judaism, the satanic nature of Harry Potter or whatever, we can do it elsewhere. Just a thought...
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Sorry I was in the middle of posting when you wrote that. I think thats a good idea. I've said more than I need to. I dont want to waste any more time going off on tangents. Everyone has their own views and religion is a topic that starts way to many arguments.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member SaintAlbans's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Erica S:
    We put our dumbass troops in the middle of a "holy war" that has been going on since the beginning of time, because we are so arrogant that we think we should take their oil.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">"Dumbass troops?"
    I'm not sure how I want to respond to this so I'm going to wait a few hours.....

  6. #36
    Inactive Member social_d_fan01's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    531
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Erica while i respect you as a fan and all your knowledge that remark about our "dumbass troops" is a little harsh. our troops are doing their job without many complaints and they are doing damn good if ya ask me. it isnt the easiest job in america but needs to be done to keep people like us safe for foreign threats I.E. iraq and afghanistan so dont bash our troops that doesnt help their moral at all they are already in a long drawn out war that they are gonna be apart of for many years to come so try to be a little more confident about your homeland

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Python423's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2003
    Posts
    358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by social_d_fan01:
    it isnt the easiest job in america but needs to be done to keep people like us safe for foreign threats
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I agree it has to be done. We can't turn our back on those in need. I belive Bush is doing the right thing. If it makes our gas go up double or triple, we can't sit back and ignore people in need. The goverments of Iran and iraq do not represent the people. The people of these countries are very grateful for what America is doing... I think alot of us would be suprised what goes on in these countries that never gets primetime news.. take alook at some of this,

    http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/new...p?storyid=2345 (man sentenced to public eye gouging for crime when he was 16)

    http://www.kurdmedia.com/news.asp?id=2765 (woman sentenced to be blinded by acid)

    You just dont know the cruel things that go on in these countries carried out by the goverment.

    I applaud Bush for what he's doing...

    I dont think Erica meant that, she just got bent out of shape a little.

    I dont care what it costs, it all goes back to , you reap what you sow. America will surivie because of what it sows.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member social_d_fan01's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    531
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i also appauled Mr. Bush for everything he has done. (let the shit talking commence) i know being pro- bush isnt the most popular thing in punk but isnt punk about going against the grain?

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Rob Slack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jumping Jesus on a trampoline....
    That sound heard across the land was my 40 year old jaw hitting the ground... I'll try to keep this brief, but, WTF? Bush... you must be talking about Bush Sr, right...? Coz you can't be talking about Bush Jr, can you...? Illegal wiretapping, the federal response to Katrina, allowing Osama a six-week headstart to escape, allowing the Taliban to make headway back into Afghanistan, never finding Osama, attacking and sending into decades of civil war and unrest a country that wasn't a threat to anyone outside its own borders... should I go on?
    And how the hell are the troops in Iraq protecting your freedom? They are not there to protect your right to download music and walk down the street without getting mugged and to vote and to post on a forum - they are there to protect Iraq - from a civil war, from terrorism, from falling into Iranian hands. They are in Iraq to try as hard as they can to try to make life a little easier for the next generation of Iraqis. It sure won't be a cakewalk, and while they are there they need your freakin support - but not just lip service, real support. Your government should be asking you to do without so they can have some real protection. Bush, Jr says he looks to Churchill and Roosevelt for inspiration - he should check out how they asked their citizens to make real sacrifices so the job could be done right. Sticking a made-in-China plastic flag on your SUV isn't support, its denial.
    Sorry for the rant. But, shit, Luthor, religion and politics - bad, bad, bad.

    Now, has anyone checked out Brian Setzer's tribute to Sun Records? Now that kicks ass.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member ShilohCornejo47's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 12th, 2005
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what the fuck is THIS shit?
    any mutherfucker with half a brain knows that "untitled" is about heroin.
    i'm sure Mike is able to accept that his songs mean different things to different people but he doesn't want you putting words in his fucking mouth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •