Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with who ever it was who told you to think that.

If Nora's mother were to say that she could not go out as they were having a party at their house the next night ( "A few of your fathers work associates and their families over for dinner; formal dress affair. Would you like to invite your friend here instead? I bought you a dress today, by the way; its really very charming. Your friend does own a suit, doesn't he?")

a) would people come?
    b) would people promise to be civilised, not drunk, in formal dress, and generally being the upright sons of a bank-managers associates?
    c) no zombies, or whatever they are. vampires. ghosts.

You see, there is no point in me making a party if no one comes. However, it is fairly important that Nora's father doesn't need to remove you from the building.

I wont have a party unless people would like to come. Any volunteers who meet the above criteria?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Um, suits?
    Do trenchcoats count as suits?
    My character doesn't have family... I feel very left out...

Why doesn't Nora just throw her own party, the kind we all know and enjoy? (ie, drunken teenagers)

Do you think (anybody) that it would be accecptable to the character Frost (betrayed by Darkness, Scorned by all...) If he were the son of some rich businessman?

If yes then maybe I'll make the effort. But I was under the impression that we were kids aat a public school (Well, I live in a cardboard box in an alley...)

Whatever.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Events in one thread are independant of events in all other threads, except where they aren't.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think this would constitute a time when continuity with other threads is not a major priority. Indeed, an evil man that is scorned by darkness who gets followed around by cultists and pie eating party-throwers doesn't sound like the ideal guest to a party.
    Heck, if you really don't want a new Frost (and who couldn't do with a new frost every now and then), you can always post and have Fred go to the party (he can be a possession of yours) and do whatever you tell him to. If you need an in-character reason for this, he is your mind controlled cultist that you want to send to the party because you want to have fun but you don't want to be recognised.

On a side note, I would definately trek along to your party, and would leave behind all traces of unnecessary violence, suspect foodstuffs and whatnot. I would guess that your guest would be Chris, so would we be the businessmen's children, or the businessmen? I could be one of the superior Pommy ones that makes puns and laughs in a stuck up and annoying manner.

As a side note, did you (Tiberius) mean to call them our "n0b friends" or was that a typo?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would tend to say the exact opposite. I think we need fewer fight threads, and should focus more on the character development and relationship types of thread. This is because someone told me to think that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, it did kind of fall to pieces when everyone jumped in. However, everyone has been around Incident long enough to hear us whine about that, and should know that drawing the threads completely out of their intended genres is just bad manners. And just generic bad, too. So is doing something big and stupid just so you look cool or smart or whatever.
    Not that any of you would do that kind of thing.

The song Mutter by Rammstein (on the CD Mutter, the most played one of mine now) really reminds me of Max Payne. Like really really. Heaps, even.
    Chris, do you get that too, or is it just me?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It would be interesting to see if we could draw more people into the Nora\Chris reality. On the other hand, that story is a prime example of what can happen when a thread doesn't get jumped into by every single person on the board.

I have an idea for an thread that will revolve completely around social interaction but will also be stand-alone: The characters can all start out not knowing each other and their relationships will develop entirely during the thread.

I'll start it once the front page gets a little less crowded...

I'll also see what I can do about Daniel.

Why is incident in "Computer Games" instead of "Role Playing"? The same reason it doesn't have a description - to discourage people from randomly stumbling into it. Incident is hidden. Only the chosen chance upon it.

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ August 07, 2003 12:54 AM: Message edited by: Martin Scripts ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In response to Seth's post in the other OOC...

I don't think you have much of an argument, because Seathia showed up while you weren't here, and didn't know you.

We can hardly hold it against him, though on the other hand we do have lots of other things to hold against him..

By the way, BIG fan of the new artwork, ie, the new incident logo. Where'd that come from?

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ August 08, 2003 05:02 AM: Message edited by: Tiberius Frost. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I will have a party, once Chris posts so that I can reply. However, it will not be a druken party that you all know and love, because I dont. And I don't think that much (meaningful) relationship/ character building stuff happens at the regular drunken kind.

Perhaps if only two or three people came, though. The rest of the upstanding young men could be non-people that will do whatever suits a purpose. That will keep things from becoming overcrowded.

I like the idea of building a city.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SHOTGUN GOING TO THE PARTY!
    We're supposed to do that, right?
    I must say that the only meaningful relationships I ever built were while I was drunk. Of course, I haven't had much luck with relationships, so I probably wouldn't know.

But hurry up if you're doing it, I assume the party will be in a new thread?

Also: If we're going to build a city then somebody will have to post. I guess I should start it.
    Maybe I'll do that.

Uh... haven't read the others yet... I'll do that now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really don't know what to put in here, the threads progress nicely without me sayin stuff in the ooc.

bring back the fantasy rp thread!