Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why does nobody but me eat the gherkins in the McDonalds cheeseburgers?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Firstly, I will agree with Gerald and point and laugh at the place that no longer wears pants.

"Ha Ha.", claimed Frost, with his finger outstretched."Ha Ha Ha.'

Secondly, Martin, would anyone really read it if I posted it in Flame? Who the hell reads flame anyway? Do you go onto the flame thread just in case you've been flamed, so you can be sure not to do it again?
    Point made.
    PSS. It takes considerably longer than 10 seconds on my computer to move from one thread to another.

Finally, onto important business.
    (isn't it interesting how we put rebuttle first?)

I rather resent there being another alley. As the founder of 'The Alley', I would not like to see it plagiarized. Perhaps you could have used 'The Sidewalk' or 'The Parking Lot' as we always get these Americanized terms, don't we?

But I feel insulted by the way somebody that I don't know put up a 'New and Improved' (or something) version of my thread.
    Which, of course, I feel was successful, since it was the only thread with real direction at the time of the restart, and also during the big recruitment, a result of which we inducted many new players that I hope will remain with us. (Also, many that I would be glad so see the back of.)
    I do, however, think that we should be a bit more original here. Do we want another 'No guns in the alley' thread? Thinking relatively, I wouldn't much like another 'Mall', and certainly wouldn't want a repeat of 'Axle's House'.

I am also a little annoyed that the person who dared copy The Alley didn't even bother to post a proper starter. This was left to poor Chris, though I'm sure he was helped out by his double spaces. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Lastly, an apology to both Chris and Nora.
    Chris, I got the impression that you were perhaps reserving a spot in the 'new fancy shitty alley' for Nora, I may be mistaken, but anyway.

In the event that Nora actually wants to join, and if I've really stuffed up a plan you might have had, I'll edit my post (if it's not too late) to have Nora not quite dead, and you can come and rescue her or something.
    In the event that Nora actually wants to join.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm seeing a bit of a theme to your recent posts, Tiberius, and on some levels I agree with you. Seathia's thread isn't why we all visit this place, and I'm sure there are plenty of other boards that would more warmly welcome that kind of stuff. If only someone with the motive and ability to remove that thread would come around here, and do something.
    Secondly, why wouldn't we use the flame thread? It can be fuuny and informative, but the real strengths of it lie in the giving, rather than the recieving of flames. That's what Jesus taught us.
    Calling the new Alley improved could turn out to be a bit of a stretch, but it could turn out to have potential. One thing of note to the poster should be the edit function of the system. Useful to avoid having to post twice in a row when you forget stuff.
    It appeared that it was an opening in the thread for Nora to me as well, but things can be worked in either way. Or she could just be some pure essence that corrupts your character and gives it all sorts of conflicting emotions.
    Chris, I would eat the Gherkins in McDonalds' Cheeseburgers if I actually ate McDonalds' Cheeseburgers. Indeed, I don't think I eat at McDonalds much at all anymore.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tibs, it's "rebuttal" just so you know.

Firstly, the quake thread isn't going to get a map, so everone just start shooting, ok? and screw teams. I can't be be bothered with anything too complex. If anyone objects to this change, let me know.

Secondly, I was kind of leaving the place of Chris's partner for Nora, but what the hell. What happens, happens. I suppose it's up to Nora whether she wants to be included or not, and in what way.

I'd like to take the time to say that I think it's kind of funny that Tiberius has a cult of darkness or whatever, and yet he's "Betrayed by darkness." Does this mean that his cult has betrayed him? Since the background of your cult and the origins of it are up to you, Tiberius, I'll modify my post in the alley to suit you if you want. Just say the word.

Lastly, thanks for making Gerald a mod. Hopefully something will get done around here now. First item on the agenda, I believe, is removing the "Promise Vs who gives a shit (ooC)" Thread.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I laugh. The newly named duck thread was great, and Chris' comment on that one very nice too.
    About the "Promise vs. who gives a duck" thread, it woudl go away if you stopped posting in it. Even better, we could just post in almost all of the dead threads, and it would go straight to the bottom in a day or so.
    I guess we could just kill it, but that isn't very creative now is it? No fun whatsoever.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't believe it. You renamed a page and a half to DUCKDUCKDUCK but you wont delete the Promise thread that I don't particularly like.

Ok, fine.

Next Topic: Read Dark Alley before you read this, he, heh, heh. Remember: The zombie belongs to me, so you can't hurt her too badly, I have plans for her.
    No!, not like that, Clarke you pervert!

I'll post something else here later when I've read the other threads.

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ August 02, 2003 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Gerald Blake ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

P.S, Martin, are you in theory able to revoke my admin-ship? Just hypothetically speaking here.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This might sound a little funny, JC, but I'm not permitted to answer that question.

===

"Soon as we buy into the cult of machine we're just like them."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Martin, you have been a bit more busy lately, and it is very good to see. You didn't change Tiberius' message to "Duckduck..." by hand, did you?
    I think it is very safe to say that Talwin's nukes aren't trying to make a meaningful point about anything, though. I just don't think Talwin would do that to himself, let alone us.

And that zombie belongs partly to all of us. Although I technically wasn't here when she was, she was a part of Incident, and that belongs to everyone. However, you made the zombie. That does entitle you to more control. Whine if you see someone doing something bad, and we might consider abusing Mod powers again. I'm getting pretty good at that. However, I'm sticking to unimportant changes at the moment.
    (Yeah, duck you too)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There some n00b who is controling my character. They also cut off poor old Clarke's hand. Someone please ask Martin to do something about this Sakalas person, or show him the rules or something.

In addition to this, I have a saying for you to remember, Frost.

"Dead chicks never say no"

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ August 04, 2003 04:16 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Blake ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, where did Frost get an army from? I'm not complaining, I just want to know out of interest. I think it's great we have an evil guy with an army of slaves, as one of those could go to lots of places. Oh, and I think Frost has been "playing" games with Kelly the Zombie. Don't worry, because dead women never say no.

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ August 04, 2003 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Blake ]</font>