Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 131

Thread: Evolution...

  1. #91
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    "How about we go into the claim you made about ID having more evidence than the theory of evolution?"

    Who started the thread? Have you made any statements supporting evolution and deriding ID? Why should I be on the defensive or have to explain my position, that onus is on you.

    "What I've seen so far is nothing of that, there is an attempt to pick apart evolution and point out these "missing links" and I'm guessing at the end it will be "See, it can have only came from a Designer" sort of thing."

    And?????????

    What you expect me to do is type out an essay outlining my beliefs and then defend them against your attacks. That makes about as much sense as a screendoor on a submarine.

    What I am doing is reponding to the original post of the person who started the thread. In time this will work out to show my position, but not on your terms.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  2. #92
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    Go look up Darwinism. You've said yourself you stopped listening to it at the "woodpecker", which I'm guessing was not at the end of that show. Because you ignore the fossils, thousands of experiments and overwhelming evidence..doesn't mean it isn't true. The Theory of Evolution is accepted as fact and has been fact for quite some time now, there's no real argument there. ID has no fact or at least any I've heard.

    Why should I look it up? You say you know so tell me. Also what does fossils have to do with evolution? Some fossils are from things that are extinct now. Also when you say Evolution is accepted as fact that doesnt mean a thing. Just depends on who is looking at it. If you are an evolutionist then it is fact to you. If you are not involved in that group then you accept what you believe as fact. I would really like to see some of the facts about evolution you speak of.

  3. #93
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  4. #94
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    That's John Travolta and his buddies.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  5. #95
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    iirc the fossil evidence is shown thru fossils of ancient fish(?) that have shown signs of developing needed traits throughout time; whales didnt start with blowholes etc..

    i havent really gotten into this, i have my beliefs, and i feel they are true, but im not going to actg like i can come in here and just throw out all this evidence and say my beliefs are true, caus i do not know as much as others possibly do, but i believe the way i do because i feel that evolution gives more evidence than either ID or creationism, and i firmly believe that way

  6. #96
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    The Coelacanth?
    No, a coelacanth is a rare lobe-finned fish still alive today.
    I mean the Icefish of Antarctic regions. The one with clear blood plasma due to the lack of oxygen-binding hemoglobin protein.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  7. #97
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    scientology is a joke; have you read their doctrines and such?? alien souls inhabiting cavemen etc....


    nutjobs

  8. #98
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye_fan View Post
    No, a coelacanth is a rare lobe-finned fish still alive today.
    I mean the Icefish of Antarctic regions. The one with clear blood plasma due to the lack of oxygen-binding hemoglobin protein.
    The thing with little or no red blood cells? The Nototheniode or Notothenioidei or something like that?

    Hasn't really come up much (at all really). Come to think of it that is surprising.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  9. #99
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Why should I look it up? You say you know so tell me. Also what does fossils have to do with evolution? Some fossils are from things that are extinct now. Also when you say Evolution is accepted as fact that doesnt mean a thing. Just depends on who is looking at it. If you are an evolutionist then it is fact to you. If you are not involved in that group then you accept what you believe as fact. I would really like to see some of the facts about evolution you speak of.
    What do fossils have to do with evolution? Hmmmm....They provide direct evidence of evolution and detailed information on the ancestry of organisms...it's sort of like a snap-shot of that species in that time, then you compare it to others in another period and can see how it has changed. I'd say it plays a pretty good role.


    And for it being accepted as fact, that's not personal opinion and you don't have to be an evolutionists..its accepted as fact like the earth being round and revolving around the sun is.


    "Scientists most often use the word "fact" to describe an observation. But scientists can also use fact to mean something that has been tested or observed so many times that there is no longer a compelling reason to keep testing or looking for examples. The occurrence of evolution in this sense is fact. Scientists no longer question whether descent with modification occurred because the evidence is so strong." - National Academy of Science.

    Not the National Academy of "Evolution", but Science. Again, it has overwhelming evidence and withstood the test of time with thousands of experiments...and it has been accepted as "fact" in Science, that's where it counts with me. It's not speculation or believing just because, it's backed up and that's why I believe it.

  10. #100
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    If I disappear for a couple of days it's not because I've abandoned my cause

    I do a radio trivia show and write the questions myself. By Sunday I need 50 questions. I'm on number 4

    If I don't respond to something or just make a quick response before Monday that is why.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •