Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 131

Thread: Evolution...

  1. #61
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Show me concrete evidence that we evolved from monkies.


    Well that's not evolution or the idea of evolution. We don't think humans came from monkeys, that's the assumption from ones who know nothing about it.

  2. #62
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Michael J. Behe - Discovery Institute.

    William A. Dembski - Discovery Institute..might I add, I wouldn't source him as crdible.

    Phillip E. Johnson - Co-founder Discovery Institute...also denies HIV cause AIDS might I add. Another looney.

    Stephen C. Meyer - Co-founder Discovery Institute.

    Jonathan Wells - Discovery Institute.

    Steve Fuller - Wrote textbooks with Meyer for Discovery Institute.





    I asked for ones that didn't come from Discovery Institute, I didn't really see any so yes, please continue. What I was really looking for was peer-reviewed publishing.

  3. #63
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Welp, that list must have disappeared.

  4. #64
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Yeah, I simply cut and pasted it because none of the work was actually "published" by the discovery institute. Yes Behe, for instance is involved with the Discovery institute, but you had said "published" by them. I simply can't find anything actually published by them at all?

    I assume you mean published, written, edited, etc. by anyone involved in any way if the institute...which is not what you said.

    I actually deleted two full posts. I typed them is haste, was not happy with the result and deleted them.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  5. #65
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    "I assume you mean published, written, edited, etc. by anyone involved in any way if the institute...which is not what you said."

    That's exactly what I meant, but you're right..I didn't put it like that and that was my fault. The reason I asked for ones not associated with them, is like I said in previous posts that they are really the only group that accepts ID as science (and started the whole movement in the first place.)

  6. #66
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Any connection of any kind makes it a bit more difficult, but here is a list who have published works (that I cannot find having any link to Discovery.

    Works by

    Thomas Woodward
    Kenneth Poppe
    Ralph O. Muncaster
    Dean W. Hobbensiefken
    W Pullen Stuart

    Here is a suggestion (so I don't have to do all the work) go to bookfinder.com type in some ID related title searches. You will find plenty to browse through.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  7. #67
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    "It wasn't juvenile at all. It was a good argument against ID and it being taught in schools."

    It's intended to provoke and to incite. It is juvenile.

    "Okay, well lets see all the publishing that aren't from Discovery?"

    Reposting this quote to point out it's wording. A person connected in some manner publishes a book through a major publisher, it does not meet your above criteria. (Added after seeing your above post. Understood. Appreciate your understanding)

    Anyway see above.

    "Positive mutations often get a different word attached to them "Adaptation" which is ultimately the same thing."

    Changing the terminology doesn't alter the numbers. Positive mutations are a fraction of negative mutations. A fairly lengthy series of positive mutations without interruption by a single negative mutation is necessary for a species to species jump. Correct? (I want us to be on the same page on the basics)

    "Wasn't it a textbook for High School students about ID? You said they don't want it taught in schools, but looks like they do...that's why I brought that up."

    It was 20 some years ago. The current position is what I posted, and it is the current position. In fact, many in the early ID movement were opposed to the book being used even then as it is really more of a creationist view than ID. BUT, in their defense noone ever suggested it be mandatory text, only that it be in the school library.

    "it's creationism dressed up as science, but it failed because it has little facts/evidence to back it up."

    Purely your opinion. Which is wrong
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  8. #68
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Just the evolution of the woodpecker got me. Dont remember where I read it or watched it but it said something to the extent of taking so many millions of years for the woodpecker to develop that cusion between the beak and brain to keep them from killing themselves. Now tell me what kept them from going extinct?
    It's not the first question I would have asked, I would normally start with single cell issues, but since it's out there. May as well answer it.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  9. #69
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Wouldn't Anthony Flew count toward the group not part of Discovery?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #70
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    I have a question concerning evolution believes not withstanding their believe in God. I think evolution believe is survival of the fittest..the weak are done away with and the strong survive. If someone believes in evolution, can they still be a tree hugger, vegetarian (sp) and any other things that fall to the left? I personally believe that you cannot and that someone is a hypocrit (sp) but that is my opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •