Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 131

Thread: Evolution...

  1. #111
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    i seriously think you should start a thread, im sure a lot of peple would help out, i would

  2. #112
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye_fan View Post
    Yeahh....?
    Just commenting about myself. Must be sleepy....yeah, that's it I'm sleepy.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  3. #113
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    i seriously think you should start a thread, im sure a lot of peple would help out, i would
    I might do that tomorrow.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  4. #114
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    "Well that one comment didn't go over well, the "we'll go over this and that, then back to this" like this is a classroom. I'm making an attempt to explain and defend what I said. But don't expect me go along with that and do it on your terms either."


    LOL

    It wasn't intended to go over very well.

    I'll "play nice" if you and your Spaghetti Monster thingy will

    So, matter / antimatter? Does the problem bother you? There should have been a "mirror image" of matter and antimatter created by the Big Bang, which should have in theory annihilated each other.

    Why did it not? If it didn't the antimatter should still exist (in theory). Where is it?
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  5. #115
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    the big bang is a proven fact at this point, theres no denying it happened.

  6. #116
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    I think I shall bow out of this one. We can argue till our deaths and not accomplish anything. I still think evolution alone is crazy nonsense and no changing my mind on that. But evolution by the hands of God may just be true. Like the ice fish.To me it just shows the wonders of the Lord. And the ones that dont agree with me think my beliefs are crazy too. And we all think the Scientologists are crazy. I just dont things just happen. I mean what created the organisms that got us started? There has to be something more and God happens to be my answer. Great debate guys but it will never go anywhere. Not found a debate on this subject that has yet.


    Keep up the good work Gotch.

  7. #117
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    the big bang is a proven fact at this point, theres no denying it happened.

    Well....actually it isn't, but that's not the issue that the matter / antimatter problem points out. Quickly, if it occurs by chance only then it should have canceled itself out as equal amounts of matter and antimatter should have existed and they will destroy each other.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  8. #118
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I think I shall bow out of this one. We can argue till our deaths and not accomplish anything. I still think evolution alone is crazy nonsense and no changing my mind on that. But evolution by the hands of God may just be true. Like the ice fish.To me it just shows the wonders of the Lord. And the ones that dont agree with me think my beliefs are crazy too. And we all think the Scientologists are crazy. I just dont things just happen. I mean what created the organisms that got us started? There has to be something more and God happens to be my answer. Great debate guys but it will never go anywhere. Not found a debate on this subject that has yet.


    Keep up the good work Gotch.
    I can remember one person being swayed by one of these internet "debates". That was a Chicago lawyer named Rick Pearl. Actually I think the near death and miraculous recovery of a close friend played a huge part in that. In most cases what actually happens is a solidifying of positions. Whatever one believes going in becomes more firm than ever.

    Thanks for the encouragement. I really don't have the time, or energy for it that I use to. This is really just sort of an "out of retirement" discussion for me
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  9. #119
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Since my time will be limited for a few days I'm going to put a couple of things "in a nutshell" that may be getting misunderstood.

    I believe that the "big bang" did occur. I believe that science cannot adequately explain how it happened, why it happened, how it did not collapse back onto itself when it happened, without intelligent design.

    I believe that adaptation within species does occur. I believe that comes nowhere close to explaining species to species evolution, which is not proven, never been shown, and requires at least as much faith as does intelligent design.

    Lastly, I wasn't being a smarta$$ just for sake of being a smarta** toward Burton.

    He had obviously failed to see that his demeanor and many of his words were insulting to some people's personal beliefs. For instance the whole stupid flying spaghetti monster thing is meant to ridicule and insult the intelligence of Christians and others as well.

    So I posted an insult to his intelligence that was not too obvious. It was an object lesson intended to show by experience the result of the action.

    Anyway.....later
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  10. #120
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    I believe that the "big bang" did occur. I believe that science cannot adequately explain how it happened, why it happened, how it did not collapse back onto itself when it happened, without intelligent design.
    This is a point I like to make to a lot of people arguing science vs religion subjects. So many say the Big Bang Theory is crap because it didn't happen - God created the earth and the heavens. I see the Big Bang as a physicial description of the creation.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •