Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 184

Thread: Music

  1. #111
    Inactive Member Muddy Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As far as album covers go I really really like The Fragile. Also, I'm very much into a lot of APC's stuff, mostly the singles. The Hollow, Judith, 3 Libras. Pink Floyd obviously, my favorite being Echos.

  2. #112
    HB Forum Owner dmvernona's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i just saw this 98 rerelease of santana 3's cover for the first time today in a spot in boulder. it's not that great online here but both sides were boss in person

    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

  3. #113
    Inactive Member refill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2004
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    its funny that you guys were mentioning album covers because i was thinking about what i want to put on the VS cover. (btw, serious progress has been made and there will be a release extremely soon barring any unforseen setbacks). anyway, one of my favorite covers is the pink floyd wish you were here cover (as well as it being one of my favorite albums in general).

  4. #114
    HB Forum Owner dmvernona's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that's def. an original looking cover. i also like the shalabi effect's cover for the self titled record - a lot. it looks like a painting, but realize that it's a PHOTOGRAPH taken of the orion nebula i believe by the hubble telescope.

    http://www.funkimusik.com/images/shalabieffect.jpg

    respek

  5. #115
    HB Forum Owner dmvernona's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    mellon collie was a nice cover.

    not why i bring it up though.

    check this link the fuck out:

    http://moresweetsoul.blogspot.com/20...brand-new.html

    apparently i somehow didn't know about bc putting together a b-side collection box set from mellon collie. yeah, there's more fucking material out ther from that record. rediculous. you can download some of it on there. amazon has the thing starting at 100 bucks. ebay's cheaper. they were limited and shit.

  6. #116
    Inactive Member Muddy Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Damn! That is fucking sick. Love to check that out if ever I got the chance.

    All of those have excellent artwork. Obviously a big overlook is Sgt. Pepper... that is one of my favorites. The collage alone is sex.

    Refill, this is the one I was talking about:

    "So, it is with the greatest confidence that Chino Moreno, Stephen Carpenter,
    Abe Cunningham,Chi Cheng and Frank Delgado pull up a pew in a plush hotel
    room and prepare to ask each other the type of questions they've, until now,
    avoided. Gentleman, the Kerrang! Truth Or Dare challenge awaits you...


    Stephen: "Alright Chino, what's the kinkiest thing you've ever done in bed?"
    Chino: "Shit, I've gotta be serious here? Damn, I think it's when
    I've tapped that ass. Yeah, I'm talking about the forbidden: anal sex.
    That's about it, nothing too crazy."

    Chino: "Abe, who would play me in a movie about the Deftones?"
    Abe: "Easy, Martin Short. Oh, who would play you?
    That's easy too: Ralph Macchio.'
    Chino: "Damn,'The Karate Kid'? You could have said Johnny Depp or something."

    Chi: "Frank. what's the most unusual thing you've ever received in the post?"
    Frank: "That would be my tax return forms all burnt up. Someone fire-bombed
    the mailbox, so my shit was all charred when it reached me."

    Frank: "Airight Steph-dog, have you ever wanted to hit another member
    of the band?"
    Stephen: "Hell yeah, I've wanted to hit every one of you motherfuckers.
    When? 'White Pony',Around The Fur'- for 11 years, basically.
    It's not like it's just me, though, when we write songs we're always arguing.
    We're always like,'Yo, why are you such a dick?'."

    Stephen: "What's your favouiite swear word Chino?"
    Chino: "Fllk! That's the best one."
    Stephen: "What about c**t?"
    Chino: "Fucking c**t is a good combination, too, as is motherfucker.'
    Frank: "Bitch is cool. We like them all.'

    Chino: "Abe, what am I like when I'm drunk?"
    Abe: "You're a silly boy when you get loose. You're a fucking jack-ass."
    Chino: "My feminine side really comes out too, but actually Chi's the best
    drunk."
    Chi: "I look mad when I'm drunk, even if I'm not. My eyes get all googly
    and shit and I have this crazy scowl on my face. I look like a mean drunk."

    Abe: "Chi, how many times do you masturbate each day?"
    Chi: "it really depends on how much I've been drinking, but generally
    not more than once. The more I drink, the less I masturbate."
    Frank: "Yeah, you might well injure yourself doing it when you're
    intoxicated."
    Chi: "At home I've got my lady, so I dont bother."
    Chino: "I always masturbate when Im at home. Im like, (mimicking
    masterbation) You want some of this baby? and all spurt it all over her
    tits or something. Somehow it seems like a waste of paste."

    Chi: "Whats the worst thing you've ever done to a woman Frank ?"
    Frank: "Well I spat on a girl before but it was a long time ago and i
    really hated her."
    Chino: " Havent you ever peed on a girl ? It's fun"

    Frank: "Steph, do you think that I take too many drugs?"
    Stephen.: 'Frank, you're coal on that one baby. You ain't gonna catch
    this guy with no toxins in him other than alcohol."
    Frank: "I smoke weed, but that's not a drug."
    Stephen: "Mind you, it's only because we haven't been able to get any
    proper drugs recently."

    Stephen: 'Chino, what do I own that you detests?"
    Chino: "Those shorts and your Rolex.'
    Abe: "I reckon it's the combination of the two together that makes it
    so truly fucked up. I hate all your shit man. You can't wear a Rolex
    and dress like that.'
    Chino: "Stephen's always buying new stuff, like digital cameras, watches or
    calculators and I swear he don't use half of that shit. You're a total
    gadget-ass motherfucker!"
    Steph: 'Hey, I be using that shit."

    Chino: "Abe, do you dislike any of my friends?"
    Abe: "Yeah, I do actually. Although, there are people who I used to really
    hate that I've learned to like as I've got older. Actually, I don't
    really hate anybody that much."
    Frank: "I do. I'm a loather."

    Abe: "Chi, could you murder someone and if so, who?"
    Chi: " I could murder someone, but I wouldn't do it. It's against my
    principles."
    Stephen: "But your Buddhist principles are compromised on a daily basis
    so just answer the question. It's only hypothetical."
    Chi: "Anyone who harmed my friends or family I guess, but there's no
    one I feel that malicious towards."
    Stephen: "Well I can't lie, sometimes I've just wanted to slay a fool."
    Chino: "Shut up! "
    Stephen: "For real. I know people I'd take out if I could."

    Chi: "Frank, what's the worst song the Deftones have ever recorded?"
    Frank: "It's that one that Stephen wrote the lyrics for, what was it
    called?'Booty Naked'? It's one from the early days and it's the only
    Deftones demo that is not freely available. Everything else is out
    there on the internet already. I think it's our homies trying
    to make money."

    Frank: "How big is your penis, Stephen?"
    Chi: "Time for 'Aesop's Fables'- and measuring it from your sphincter
    doesn't count, okay?"
    Stephen: "I'll just say that it's rather small because then anything
    else is a bonus."
    Chino: "if anyone really wants to know, check out the public access
    TV show 'Colin's Sleazy Friends'when we were on it, because Stephen
    pulled out his dick and started working that thing like bubblegum.
    I don't know what he was thinking.
    Tapioca pudding coming out of there and shit.'
    Stephen: "I had the angry inch, yeah, but that monkey's got girth."

    Stephen: "Chino, what's my most inftating habit?"
    Chino: "It's the way you contradict yourself. You're like a bakery that
    constantly spews out shit cakes."
    Chino: "Abe, do you give money to beggars?"
    Abe: " No, fuck that. If they didn't want to be poor then they
    shouldn't have become a bum, right? I'm only kidding. Sometimes a guy
    just wants to go get a beer, so I'll occasionally give them something."

    Abe: "Chi, who's the smolliest person in the hand?"
    Chi: "That's a piece of cake: I'm by far the smelliest motherfucker
    in any band. I've heard that the bassist from Corrosion Of Conformity
    is pretty smelly, but he can't be as bad as me. I fucking stink.'

    Chi: "Frank. what do I keep saying that really gets on your tits?"
    Frank: "That you're a Buddhist, how about that?"

    Frank: "Stephen, have you ever had a crush on another man?"
    Stephen: "No."
    Chino: (after the band have stopped laughing hystericallo: "You were
    a bit quick in answering there."
    Stephen: "But I've really just never had a crush on a guy.
    Come on, next question."

    Stephen: "Do you got off an porn Chino?"
    Chino: "Who me? Yeah motherfucker, I love porn. I just bought me a
    'Gallery' magazine to read on the plane."
    Stephen: "That's not porn, that's just naked girls.'
    Chino: "Well I've also got porn that Chi bought me for my 19th birthday.
    Most of all, though, I like to go and see the live stuff where you sit
    in the booth and drop a coin in the slot. I like the lusty ladies because
    it's a seedy trip."

    Chino: "Abe, do you believe in the death penalty?"
    Abe: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."
    Chino: 'But haven't you seen 'Dead Man Walking'? That shit's fucking
    ruthless and it certainly made me think again."
    Stephen: "I believe that your fate should be handed over to the
    victim's family because generally people are nice and they'll choose
    a suitable punishment.
    Otherwise, once you're a victim you'll be victimised through the whole
    cycle and never be satisfied that justice was served."
    Chino: "I still believe that everyone deserves a second chance."

    Abe: "Chi, what's the most embarrassing thing you've ever
    done while drunk?"
    Chi: "Just about everything really, although there was that time
    when I punched out the windshield of a car I was driving. I also tried
    to throw one of our techs out of the tour bus window when he attempted
    to put Def Leppard on the stereo. Another time I was messed up on
    mushrooms and I threw this monster sports bag across the room and it
    knocked this girl right off her chair. Boom! That thing was huge."

    Chi: "Frank. which member of the band do you socialise with
    the most and why?"
    Frank: "I kick it with Steph the most because of his weed."

    Frank. "Have I ever hurt your feelings, Steph?"
    Stephen: "No, never. You never have anything mean to say about anybody.
    You're like the Deftones' little Buddha which is kind of cool considering
    you just said you loath a lot of people."

    Stephen: "Chino, what do you call me behind my baw?"
    Chino. "The same shit I be saying right to your face, bro: jack-ass..."
    Frank. 'Down-time."
    Chi: "Lunch break.'
    Abe. 'Fllk-face.'

    Chino: "Abe, what de you hate most about me?"
    Abe. "I'm a lover, not a hater

    Abe: "Chi, whats your biggest regret?"
    Chi: "I don't have any. I'm pretty okay right now and I think
    that every fucked-up thing that I did in the past was just something
    that I did to get where I am today.' Chi. "Frank. what did you think
    of me when we first met?"
    Frank. "I don't think I thought anything, I just hated the way
    that you smelled."

    Frank. "Out of IO, how good are you in bed, Steph-dog?"
    Stephen: " I know I've never been a 1O."
    Chino. "But you're a good kisser. My wife knows this girl who Steph
    kicks it with and she's always talking about him, saying he's a good
    kisser and shit, so he's got to be doing something right."

    Stephen: "Chino, what is my most Fuckin revolting physical defect?"
    Chino: 'It's what we call your Little Cyster, that fucked-up cyst
    on your back. You've had that motherfucker on and off for years!"
    Frank: "Yeah, one year that boil was bulging, it must be like a
    seasonal thing. It needs a damn good lancing."

    Chino: "OK. final question and this is for all you motherfuckers,
    when was the last time y'all upset your mothers?"
    Stephen: "The last time I was at home I burst in and woke up my
    mother by shouting,'What's up?', when she was sleeping. I hadn't
    seen her for ages."
    Chino: "I made my mom sad the other day because I wasn't paying
    attention. I said something and next thing I knew she was walking
    out to her car and she was crying. I totally fucking hurt her
    feelings even though I was only joking. I guess she thought that
    I didn't care or something.'
    Abe: "My mother wanted tickets to see us on David Letterman's
    show and I wasn't even sure whether it was confirmed, so I said,'Yo,
    I told you it wasn't even confirmed!', and she was pissed because
    I snapped at her.'
    Stephen: "Shit, you're keeping your own mother from meeting Letterman?
    You heartless bastard...'"

  7. #117
    HB Forum Owner dmvernona's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    agreed that sgt. pepper's is obviously ultimate in a sense and should have been noted sooner. as for those songs from the pumpkins, my father has some of them. i couldn't download them but he got them. i'm buying all of them though when i'm not $250 in debt.

    that's quite an interview. if you have a link to it, could you post it? apparently, atron told me tonight, they have a date announced in march or something for a tour called some stupid shit like fag bands of chaos - or seriously, tour of chaos and disorder, or something - at tweeter. she might have said march. i really want to see those motherfuckers but she said they're playing with (a[n]) emo band(s) so that would be a lot for me to deal with, but probly worth it. i'll never understand that band though. they're freaks. sometimes i think i'd just be happier if they would suck so i could pin them. not the case though.

    on another note, i just watched "24 hour party people" this afternoon. much more interesting that i thought it would be when i bought it for $2 in denver. this an other recent factors have caused me to dramatically increase my daily allowance of joy division since i've come home. i fucking love those mothers. their crazy engineer and factory records co-founder apparently invented digital delay, i just found out. what a whacked out, unthinkably fruitful scene that movie's premise revolves around. worth seeing. recommended.

    look forward to seeing all you cads tomorrow. i've been indoors and bored to death gone waxing philosphical to the point where i don't know if i'm going to go out running nude through the snow or pass out in bed after i log off this computer. FUCK.

  8. #118
    HB Forum Owner dmvernona's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that's fucking spooky as always. i can't name a fav song or even record. dead souls, insight, day of the lords, isolation... ceremony is great. digital... i'd have to name about 10 more to even consider it a favorits list and i think i've hit about half of 2 records so far.

    as for the tones, that's very good news that i won't have to put up with that shite to see them. please keep me posted on their individual release tour, no details yet like venue or timeframe i assume?

  9. #119
    HB Forum Owner dmvernona's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i'm going to have to correct you for incorrectly correcting me. i looked it up and it's called the:

    "taste of gay-haos" haos being pronounced (^ass_)

    now you know.

    -

    also, massive 5 cd pumpkins multi-era rarites downloads:

    http://tofuhaus.antville.org/stories/1149403/

    look up when downloading "happy hour" is and do it then as opposed to dealing with the restrictions of not having a payed account like yours truly.

  10. #120
    Inactive Member Muddy Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "And she gave away the secrets of her past
    And said "I've lost control again."
    And heard the voice that told her
    when and where to act
    She said "I've lost control again".

    Damn, now that is just too weird. I thought maybe that would stop since you pissed me off (and vice versa) the other night, but then I thought about it and we both pissed eachother off at the same time, as usual continuing the cycle of doing the same exact thing at the same exact time. Well, apparently we've both been sweating Joy Division lately. Favorite track, if I may?

    Yeah that's the "Taste of Chaos" tour your reffering to and I'm not going. Atron had it pretty much pinned, its them and a bunch of emo bands. As for understanding why they do it: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    considering its technically like a fucking festival so tickets are out of this world expensive. Anyway that and the fact that they are coming around very soon in promotion of their own record are the reasons why I'm not going.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •