-
January 15th, 2006, 06:16 PM
#131
Inactive Member
Ok, so I might be wrong from time to time. Hopefully this is one of those times. Deftones had this to say yesterday: "Beware the water."
Also, if this TOC shit goes on tour in Feb. then that would lead me to believe that they might be done recording. Or maybe when they said Spring 06' they meant Spring 07'.
-
January 16th, 2006, 06:56 PM
#132
HB Forum Owner
In late 1968, Ra moved the Arkestra to Philadelphia. "To save the planet, I had to go to the worst spot on Earth," he later explained, "and that was Philadelphia, which is death's headquarters."
-http://www.missioncreep.com/mw/sunra.html
-
January 16th, 2006, 11:09 PM
#133
HB Forum Owner
seriously read that whole aritcle for a good intro to sun ra. also, you better all watch your back cause i'm about to be broadcasting on a major rardio station. applying for airtime asap up here. i'll keep you posted
-
January 17th, 2006, 03:05 AM
#134
Inactive Member
Hey man, let me know cuz I'll be sending requests in like mad for this one really boss band I heard of from southern NJ. I've actually made out with their guitarist.
Sun Ra? Eh. Mum Ra? Hell Yeah!
Just a little bit of somethin' somethin' for the fans.
Possible title for new Deftones album "Saturday Night Wrist."
Working track titles for the new album, "Diamond" and my personal favorite "Guns don't kill buffalo, Abe kills buffalo."
-
January 17th, 2006, 06:08 AM
#135
HB Forum Owner
yeah, mum ra rocks almost as hard. they're some awesome fucking titles, i'll tell you what. i can't wait
-
January 17th, 2006, 05:43 PM
#136
HB Forum Owner
-
January 18th, 2006, 02:32 AM
#137
Inactive Member
alright, go get em. Of course we're gonna change the fonts there to cool ones, but right now I can't be bothered.
http://pigwithdickinhismouth.4t.com
-
January 18th, 2006, 02:47 AM
#138
HB Forum Owner
sign me up for one "bunny ranch." i'll get you a shirt when i'm home. i've also got some other images to be made wearable that i'll bring on cd then
-
January 18th, 2006, 04:37 AM
#139
Inactive Member
Ok, so after talking to a few fellow fans I've concluded that they are actually done recording the new album. Chino is apparently producing a few songs for some other band right now, and as we all know the TOC tour starts in about a month. Now there arises some speculation of a single or at least some sort of releasing of a new track before the TOC tour starts, just to whet everyone's appetite. Would be sweet, no?
Also, I am making my own Deftone shirts, I'll post them later if I can, so if you'd like one I'm of course not charging, but you just have to give me a shirt.
-
January 19th, 2006, 01:53 AM
#140
Inactive Member
Well fuck me with a pitchfork, I was wrong again, well sorta. Check out our what our boy Abe (I heard he kills buffalo) had to say last week:
Deftones fans have been waiting and waiting for the band's forthcoming LP to hit the streets. They've been hearing about it for more than a year and watched as two "anticipated" release dates have come and gone. At this point fans know that the new album is still not done ? and that's about it. But perhaps no one is more anxious for the LP's release than one of the Deftones' own: drummer Abe Cunningham.
"Dude, I can't wait until it comes out," Cunningham said last week. "It's been so insane this time around. It's what you go through to get it done. It's been a very strange process. Each record has [taken] longer and [has been] a bit more difficult to make. This is taking a long time. And there's nothing wrong with taking a long time to make a record, but it's just ... it doesn't need to be that way anymore. There's so much technology available that you don't need to spend that much money. But we end up just spending more and more and more and more. We just want it to get out. God knows it's taken long enough."
It's been over a year since the Deftones left Pink Floyd producer Bob Ezrin's snow-swathed home studio in Connecticut for the sun-drenched sands of balmy Malibu, California, where they've since re-examined, tweaked and re-recorded the material they'd managed to put to tape before the cold got the best of them. At this stage, Deftones have 17 songs on the verge of completion. Frontman ? and perfectionist ? Chino Moreno is still tracking vocals for the new tunes.
Moreno's time is running out, though. The band is gearing up for the Taste of Chaos tour with Thrice, Atreyu, As I Lay Dying and Dredg, which kicks off in San Diego on February 16 and concludes April 15 in Montreal. Cunningham said the plan is to commence the album's mixing as soon as Chino's work is done and before the start of the jaunt known as "Winter Warped."
"He's finishing vocals on all the songs we'd recorded, just so we have more to choose from," the drummer explained. "We will begin the selection process soon," he added, explaining that the democratic process consists of a band vote. "So far I'm liking all the songs we've recorded, so it will be hard," he continued. "We'll probably have a bake-off or some kind of contest. It's going to be difficult, but we have a gut feeling on some of them already."
Cunningham expects the disc will feature a dozen tracks (including one called "America"), and that it will be in stores in late spring. The 'Tones will debut some of the newer stuff via their Taste of Chaos set.
"We'll definitely be playing some of the new stuff," he said. "In the past, it was always a concern that the songs would leak or whatever, but you can't concern yourself with that anymore. We're very excited to go and rock this stuff. But we've only got an hour set, so we're trying to fit four or five records into an hour. That's going to be difficult, but we're hoping for at least two new songs in each set. We've been voting on that, too."
As for the album's title, that's still a mystery to the entire band ? and may also be subject to a vote.
"We haven't really discussed it much. We've been focusing on the songs," Cunningham said. "I looked on the Internet, and read that it was Saturday Night Wrist, and I actually kind of like the way that sounds. So I guess that's [the title] ? because the Internet says so."
? Chris Harris
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks