Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

links are dead on this but it's pretty cool anyway:

Ever wonder where DJ Shadow got all of this samples from for "Endtroducing..."? If so, check out this extensive source sample compendium:

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4

1. Best Foot Forward
    a.beastie boys - the party's getting rough
    b.divine sounds - do or die bed-stuy
    c.jeru the damaja - you cant stop the prophet
    d.kool g rap & dj polo - poison
    e.masters of ceremony - dynamite
    f.stezo - its my turn

2. Building Steam With A Grain Of Salt
    a.jeremy storch - i feel a new shadow
    b.signs of the zodiac - planetary motivations

3. The Number Song
    a.a tribe called quest - can i kick it (spirit mix)
    b.grandmaster flash - flash it to the beat
    c.jimmy smith - 8 counts for rita
    d.metallica - orion
    e.pearly queen - quit jivin
    f.pigmeat markham and the b.y. - who got the number
    g.t la rock - breakdown
    h.the troubleneck brothers - back to the hip hop
    i.tony avalon and the bel airs - sexy coffee pot

4. Changeling
    a.embryo - klondyke netti
    b.kay gardner - touching souls
    c.loudon wainwright III - the man who couldnt cry
    d.tangerine dream - invisible limits
    e.the meters - here come the metermen

5. What Does Your Soul Look Like Pt. 4
    a.human race - greyboy

6. Stem/Long Stem
    a.nirvana - love suite

7. Mutual Slump
    a.motherlode - soft shell
    b.pugh rogefeldt - love,love,love

8. Organ Donor
    a.giorgio - tears
    b.samson and delilah - theres a dj in your town
    c.the new breed - pm or later
    9. Why Hip Hop Sucks In '96
    n/a

10.Midnight In A Perfect World
    a.akinyele - outta state
    b.merideth monk - dolmen music
    c.organized konfusion - releasing hypnotical gases

11.Napalm Brain/Scatter Brain
    a.billy cobham - a funky kind of thing
    b.the original soul senders - soul brothers testify

12.What Does Your Soul Look Like Pt. 1
    a.alan parsons project - nucleus
    b.heath bros - the voice of saxophone

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey, that's fucking sweet man. Thanks for posting that. This is the latest from Tool:

As it now stands, in a few weeks (mid-February) the members of the band (except for Adam) and their manager will be traveling to parts of Europe, England, Japan and Australia on a bit of a promo tour, meaning that they will be meeting with record company people and doing various interviews with the press in order to promote their new record and upcoming tours. Although any press releases are usually timed to coincide with the release of the record, there will undoubtedly be leaks, so those of you who scour the internet should be on the lookout around this time. As the others field questions and deal with promo issues abroad, Adam will remain in Los Angeles to direct the new Tool video.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just heard a rumor that Corgan is trying to get a Pumpkins reunion going? And by Pumpkins he means him and a bunch of people who aren't: Jimmy Chamberlain, James Iha, or D'Arcy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok so, releases of interest to people on this board that may or may not entertain them before the greatly anticipated Tool and Deftones.
    Mogwai has a 3/7 release date.
    Tortoise with Bonnie Prince Billy has been out...apparently.
    So there you have it. Still don't know what i'm gonna occupy my time with, but what the fuck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i've had that mogwai record for a month. it's good.

the tortoise/bpb collab is a funny thing with some high points and some low. i've heard most of it. i believe it's a bruce springstein cover record, so - yeah.

some other new releases to help tide us over:

seu jorge - life aquatic sessions is still kind of new

the new acid mothers temple soul collective incarnation acid mothers temple and the cosmic inferno's record is out. it fucking rocks. the most blistering psych guitar being made in any proximity to now is from that band. plus all the crazyness they usually entail.

john cale has a new one called black acetate that i haven't heard.

in the cute psych realm, animal collective tried to redeem themselves with feels

lighting bolt put out hypermagic mountain

aphex has been up to regimented "analord" series releases as well as some other shit

boards of canada have new shit

i just read about shadow doing something. not really up on that but it's apparently out.

omar of mars volta just did a solo record.

i gave jo BPB's Summer in the Southeast. that's recent

jo also has the not so recent, but kind of, release DJ Spooky and Dave Lombardo - Drums of Death

hadn't heard of this:

Beck: Guerolito
    Track-by-track Guero remix album features nine previously unreleased mixes and contributions from Air, Boards of Canada, Diplo, Islands, and El-P, among others.

or

Jackie-O Motherfucker: Flags of the Sacred Harp (Johnny Greenwood)

finally we of course have my rolling crew:

Hot Chip: Coming on Strong

and one of the weirdest concert i ever saw (downstairs knitting factory bar set) -
    Get Hustle: Rollin in the Ruins - which i don't recommend except for stoned entertainment purposes. will be a good one some funky evening in the oc this summer

also, for those of you who aren't familiar with hella, like myself until recently, having only heard of but not Heard them, their drummer is apparently the dude that we saw with live/that recorded with team sleep, they have relatively new shit on the market. those guys played an obscure ass collab show with marshall allen of sun ra arkestra leadership's quintet the deep space pose. having been involved with marshall allen and chino, maybe the two musicians i'm most into today makes them seem pretty fucking cool. need to hear more though, just caught one track.

there's also been rereleases recently including PHM and the DK's Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables

and that's about it. a lot of mediocrity really

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

True that my friend, sounds like I'm going to be licking my own balls for the next couple months.

Anyway, the PHM rerelease is...well, whatever.

As long as it came up, burn my Team Sleep if you would.

Also, for those who download, apparently Deftones released a "newer" song (note: maybe not from the new album) in a live demo a while back. Track is called "Finger of Death." Check it out and if you find it post it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My pee pee just moved. I heard "Finger of Death." This chick has it on her myspace music player, when you get on her page it should be the first song that plays.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=1750282

The song is fucking sweet. I really hope they include it on their new album, cuz I think a studio version of that would slay. Any thoughts on the song and/or what Chino is saying?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

See Finger of Death posted above. Don't trip.

Anyway, lil' tidbit for ya. Chino speaks to AP:

why did deftones sign on to do TOC?
    we did it for the money (laughs) just fucking with you. seriously, though, we've done the warped tour and as im sure you know, they are similar in nature, its going to be a big year for deftones, and we thought (this tour) would be a good way to kick it all off.

your fans are probably split down the middle between wanting to see you play versus wanting to hear new music. does participating in the tour inhibit the completion of the new deftones record, or do you look at the taste of chaos as a way to reflect on new material within the framework of a live set?
    dont trip. im finishing the record as we speak, and it'll be done before we start the tour. the record will be out in spring. we tend to take a bit of time in between records, so by the time we're done in the studio, the songs are pretty much done and good to go. the new shit sounds amazing. i cant wait for all our fans to hear it.

if warped tour is punk rock summer canp. how would you describe TOC?
    never really heard that term "punk rock summer camp" before. im not really sure how i would describe TOC, since this is the first time were playing it. hit me up halfway through the tour, and i'll let you know.

how do you pack for this sort of tour?
    ikd chinese proverb: why buy a dog if you're gonna bark yourself? i pack the same way for every tour: get someone to do it for me! much easier that way.

whats the one item that you're going to kick yourself if you forget to bring along?
    shit, i guess it would be my microphone. that or my laptop-definitely the two things i cannot live w/o on the road. tough call. probably my mic, though.

whats the one band you're most excited to see on this tour every nite?
    hmm, a tough one, i cant really say, to be honest. what i CAN tell you is that me and the band are looking forward to this tour, playing with some bands we have never played with before and killing it on a nightly basis.

how do you make the setting feel fresh every night when you're traveling from arena to arena?
    aside from actually making the record, touring is my favorite part of being in a band. touring has never really been a problem for me. but, if i'm ever feeling like i need to keep things fresh, a little baby powder always does the trick.

whats the most extravagant item on your rider? live chickens or goats, in some cities. (laughs) nothing too extravagant, we're not that kind of band, i just like a good bottle of jamesons, preferably 18 year old shit.

what does chaos taste like?
    not really sure, though i would assume it'd taste like something purchased from [seattle-based seafood vendor] Pike Place Market on a hot summer afternoon. or maybe an un-maintained coo-coo after jazzercise class.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

here's an awesome fucking upcoming release that i just found out about - the eels from their recent tour, live with strings. fucking a

http://songsillinoismp3.blogspot.com...s-vagrant.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BUMP! Finger of Death or you must all be gay.

myspace.com/puroriotgrrrl