Exactly. The Iraqi military didn't last long against our guys.
And as Paul Harvey likes to say, there are no innocent by-standers anymore. 9-11 changed that, for this generation anyway.
there are terrorists in iraq. We arn't at war with iraq or afganistan, we are fighting the war on terrorism
[b] "The One and Only"[/b]
Exactly. The Iraqi military didn't last long against our guys.
And as Paul Harvey likes to say, there are no innocent by-standers anymore. 9-11 changed that, for this generation anyway.
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
And again posted to no one just my thoughts.
The war is on terrorism but something we have not faced. We need to have a Presidential draft on this situation. Are we at war against a country or those within it?
If those within it, it needs to be clear as to how to handle the situation, and to what extremes we will go to.
Right now is the time. All countries in NATO and all over the world better be asking themselves.
If were not with the terrorist. Then what is our role. Cause if your not with those fighting terrorist, well sorry, but you ticket may get punched. And if your a U.S. allie, well your ticket is already punched. Just a matter of where and when.
Reality folks. New world now. Time countries decide fight or die. I think we chose our's. Time others do. And well the French think their ok. Nah. These people don't care who or why.
It's all about just give me the chance. I die for my beliefs i got what heave and 1,000 virgins waiting on me.
Reality its innocent people die at the hands of these extremist.
Time we founded a united front against terrorism and a real battle plan.
Do fight yet another limited war? As Korea and Vietnam?
Or do we say this is the enemy go kill them and get it done.
We did in most other wars. But why do we not in this one?
Seek out and destroy the enemy. Before they destroy us and our way of life.
Defend Freedom and let our troops know, their fighting for that. I think that would change a lot of hearts and minds. Esp. of those who back us and look up to us.
And honestly what helped us in major wars? Our alliance and other countries not just wanting our help but needing it. Time we look back to see how to handle this sitaution.
We may not only break the spirits of those terrorist. But let them know, your fighting a united front, who refuses to let you win.
Makes a huge difference.
My plan: Once you find out who the terrorist are that carry out each attack, kill every single member of their family. We'll put a stop to this, as soon as we found out about each terrorist who was apart of 9/11 we should've killed every member of their family imo. Love us or hate us we would start taking care of business.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Bingo again ,Bush FLEW out the members of the bin Lauden family during the "no fly "lock down. If there are reasons to be in Iraq then I'm gonna need a raise for the troops and some PROOF , and a LOT better reason than "I'll just grandfather all the illegals into the US society" to cover our own butts- Bush has made NO attempt to SEAL our own borders> guess what is next? - But some will not see the light if the house they are in is afire- I won't comment on the half-way job of protecting the troops and our own country that is being done. Our intell is not being improved ,as you can see, isn't it about time someone led this country? Like I said, Bush is not only a dead , dumb, greedy, horse, he is the horse I'm stuck with. This is my last comment on this thread. PS I've never tried to kill one yellow jacket, once I get to the correct nest I just mix some Joy and gasoline.
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
there are terrorists in iraq.
[/ QUOTE ]
Open up them eyes, no terrorists in Iraq. The intelligence Dubya got was that there were terrorist sects in IRAN. So what if he was off by one letter, right? WRONG!
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Your categorization of Republicans is offensive, to say the least.
[/ QUOTE ]
ut1, now you know why I hate it when I have a liberal idea that people automatically think the worst of me. I hate that feeling worse than anything, people judging me because I have a different idea. Doesn't feel good for that shoe to be on the other foot, now does it. If you read past what I said about those 3 things, I said I overexaggerated for the purpose of showing how it felt to be shoved aside & looked down upon if you disagreed with a Republican voter. I'm here to tell you it doesn't feel very good. ALSO:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I may have had some liberal thoughts at one time, say when I was in my teens and thought I knew everything. Now that I am much older and wiser I see things differently, based on past experiences and the flow of society.
[/ QUOTE ]
So just because I'm 23 goin on 24, well educated, well read, and pay attention to the big picture of what's going on in the world, I'm wrong because you're older and what you say goes. That's the logic you're using there. It's not right.
One more thing...
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Liberal thought, liberal politicians, and liberal judges continue to bring this society down. They shall answer before an almighty God for their actions. It doesn't matter whether you think you're right or I'm wrong..what matters is that God is always right. No. I'm not a "holier-than-thou" Christian, just a Christian who has been studying God's word for over 40 years and teaching it for almost 30.
You shouldn't tie Republicans to Christianity anymore than you should Democrats.
[/ QUOTE ]
First off, I feel there are some Conservative judges, politicians, and pundits that will stand before that same God and not have an answer, and they will go to hell. And you're more than right...God is always right. I myself haven't had as much time put into the faith as you, but I've been saved since I was 8, so I know that God is right. But since when did everything that a man-made group (the Republican party) ever does is God ordained? Who said God agrees with all the decisions that Dubya makes? I didn't get that heavenly memo... Anything made by man (including religious denominations) is prone to being tainted by evil worldly thoughts & ideas, seeing as man is innately sinful (since the Garden of Eden). God would frown upon a lot of the things that the Republican party does (remember the Pharisees? Jesus didn't exactly throw them a party and follow them did he?), and if you're wanting to vote your convictions (your religion and your beliefs according to the Bible), then you're making a mistake by blindly following one party and what they say. Pull back from the party line and maybe things will come into focus a lot more. You're most certainly right--we should NOT tie Republicans to Christianity. Nor Democrats. Nothing should be tied to Christianity but our own personal faith in God. THAT is why I believe in worshiping and having a personal relationship with God, and leaning on him, as opposed to anything that man comes up with related to a religion. A religion for people is merely a guide by which to have a way of learning more about God...doesn't mean you can't have a personal relationship with him though.
And you wonder why I make the link between corrupt Christian leaders and corrupt Republican leaders? Last year, around this time, when the gay marriage initiative was coming around Congress, I went to a local church (no I won't name it) and saw a huge simulcast of people saying that they were wanting religion to take hold of the government and to rule via Christian values. Well, my thought is, that's nice and all, but what does that do to what our founding fathers (as you brought up) said about freedom of religion? What affect does that have on Jews, Muslims, Bhuddists, and whatever other types of religious people we have in this country? Kinda denies them a basic right, that's ahead of the right to bear arms in the Bill of Rights doesn't it?
In other words, Republicans and corrupt Christian leaders in our nation today plainly want to rule by the Bible and ignore the Constitution as they see fit. This puts too many people in a place where their rights, as laid down in the creation of this country, are in jeopardy. I won't have it.
Sorry so long--just had a lot to say in rebuttal. And let me say this too--I'm merely enjoying the debate, I'm not taking anything personal...please do the same.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Open up them eyes, no terrorists in Iraq. The intelligence Dubya got was that there were terrorist sects in IRAN. So what if he was off by one letter, right? WRONG!
[/ QUOTE ]
who do u think is attacking our troops and blowing themselfs up...its not law abiding citizens!!! its terrorists!! and what do u think sadam is??and i believe there is terroist in afaganistan iraq, iran, syria...all them places RIGHT [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] "SARCASIM SMILEY"
[b] "The One and Only"[/b]
OMG, I'm going to go kill myself. I agree with A_Football_Fan. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Nothing taken personal. I'm too old to let little stuff bother me. You basically repeated all you said in the first thing I responded to, only to a larger degree. I have plenty of Christian friends who are staunch Democrats. They voted for GWB, not once, but twice. The Democrat vote is what elected him to two terms.
I have a son a year younger than you, a daughter a year older. One has a college degree and the other 1 year remaining in a 5 year program, so they, too, are well educated. I respect their opinions and the fact that they stay well abreast of local and world affairs. Having been exposed to the liberal thought of higher education institutions, I would have thought some of that might rub off on them. It hasn't. Our dinner table has long been a debating platform, as my wife and I have encouraged them to think for themselves and express their beliefs. From what I gather from them, they would give you the same argument that I have been giving, regardless the fact that I'm an "old fogey".
As far as voting goes, I doubt that I have ever voted a straight ticket, especially where local elections are concerned. By and large, the Republican party stands for the same ideals that I do. As you've already pointed out, they are subject to failure and improper conduct. The day the Republican Party adopts Gay Rights, abortion-on-demand, partial-birth abortion, and anti-gun rights as part of its party platform is the day we part company.
I may then join the Whigs or Tories. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
By the way, our forefathers were predominantly Christian. It would be interesting to be able to ask them just what they meant in the constitution, other than that the government should keep its nose out of religion. They never said anything about keeping religion out of government!
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The Democrat vote is what elected him to two terms.
[/ QUOTE ]
At least get it right, Jeb Bush won him the first election and scaring the entire country along with making homosexuals a major issue won him the second.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Bookmarks