Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 107

Thread: basketball

  1. #41
    Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2006
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    They'll be returning some decent players but I don't know who can fill the void left by Dock. But like you said, they weren't good last year so unless the others improved a lot, I don't expect much from them.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member gchsajs's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2006
    Posts
    1,118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cvcgrad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The boys basketball team returns all their starters.</div></div>

    bench too.
    [url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]

  3. #43
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    The Titans also lost Jordan, McNew, and Elliot.

    Matthews and Estep return with a lot of playing time from last year.


    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BleedingBlue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They'll be returning some decent players but I don't know who can fill the void left by Dock. But like you said, they weren't good last year so unless the others improved a lot, I don't expect much from them. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  4. #44
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    Should make for a very good Blue Devils team.

    If Lee High is anywhere near as good as they were last year though, the CMD could be very competitive. The Generals beat both Gate City and Twin Springs in the Christmas tournament last year.


    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Djpenguin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cvcgrad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The boys basketball team returns all their starters.</div></div>

    bench too. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  5. #45
    Inactive Member gchsajs's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2006
    Posts
    1,118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    Lee lost a couple of stand-outs. There gaurd for sure, I wacthed him play in the all-star game.

    Gate City didn't have some players back then when we played Lee, we progressed alot through the season. Not takeing anything away from Lee, but they wouldn't of been the competition they were if we would of played them late in the season.
    [url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]

  6. #46
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    I agree Gate City turned it up several notches after the Arby's tournament and really hit their stride late season.

    But, Lee High did have a good team last year.

    I don't know a lot about the other CMD basketball teams, but I would think the new district might provide some tougher competition in basketball than you normally see in the LPD.


    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Djpenguin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lee lost a couple of stand-outs. There gaurd for sure, I wacthed him play in the all-star game.

    Gate City didn't have some players back then when we played Lee, we progressed alot through the season. Not takeing anything away from Lee, but they wouldn't of been the competition they were if we would of played them late in the season. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  7. #47
    Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2006
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    I think VA High will be down this year from last year.. Lebanon may be better than last year but I still don't think they will be a strong contender.. Battle's not very good are they?

  8. #48
    Inactive Member gchsajs's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2006
    Posts
    1,118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    Well-I think VA high lost all there starters last year, i heard that somewere.

    I dont know about the rest of the CMD.

    Burton was good competition last year in the LPD.
    [url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]

  9. #49
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    I'm not too familiar with Battle, but I know that they host the tournament each year. Clintwood and St. Paul played last year in the tournament, and St. Paul won.

    I would think with a school the size of VA High that they could field a good team just about any year.

    The change to a Division format is going to make an interesting year. I'm still not sure I understand how the tournaments will be played with so many teams.


    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BleedingBlue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think VA High will be down this year from last year.. Lebanon may be better than last year but I still don't think they will be a strong contender.. Battle's not very good are they? </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  10. #50
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    JIB had a good team last year and should be again this year.

    The LPD tends to be somewhat lopsided in basketball. You'll have one or two decent or pretty good teams. The level then drops off quite a bit after that.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Djpenguin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Burton was good competition last year in the LPD.
    </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •