Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 107

Thread: basketball

  1. #51
    Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2006
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    Yeah I don't have a good grasp on how the tournaments will go either.

  2. #52
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    Well, each of the four districts can't have Div I and Div II winners and second place teams in the Region D tournament. The BDD only has one Div II team and the CMD doesn't have any Div I teams.

    It's going to be confusing.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BleedingBlue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I don't have a good grasp on how the tournaments will go either. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  3. #53
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    I don't know, they might have given them another good game. The way they handled Abingdon in the district tournament over the second half, maybe so lol. But they did lose quite a bit. Lost Bobby Stafford (pg) and Chad Skaggs (c)...also lost Garrett and I'm thinking both of the Terry brothers. Only returning starters are Gary Stafford and Scotty Woliver. Not sure what they have coming up though.

  4. #54
    Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2006
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    No it's going to be driven by power points like in football.. I'm thinking that the champions of each district automatically qualify for their respective region tournament whether they be Div 1 or Div 2. I think the district tournaments are only going to determine seeding for the regional tourneys.. And I think teams earn points only in games with other teams in their division and they get points in both the regular season and the district tourney. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    How many teams will there be competing in each Division in the Region tournament?
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  6. #56
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    If Lee High had been in Region D last year, I feel pretty certain they would have been in the final four of the Region D tournament.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beamerball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know, they might have given them another good game. The way they handled Abingdon in the district tournament over the second half, maybe so lol. But they did lose quite a bit. Lost Bobby Stafford (pg) and Chad Skaggs (c)...also lost Garrett and I'm thinking both of the Terry brothers. Only returning starters are Gary Stafford and Scotty Woliver. Not sure what they have coming up though. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  7. #57
    Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2006
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    I think there will be 8 teams in each region tourney (8 div 1 and 8 div 2). So most teams will make it to regions. Only 3 div 1 teams and 3 div 2 teams will miss out.

  8. #58
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    Interesting.

    I still can't get past the idea of the tournament being moved to VA High permanently. There will be many fans from this area who will be missing out.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  9. #59
    Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2006
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    Yes, I agree.. VA High has a nice gym and I think they should host it some but I still think it should rotate. I think it's just the Div 2 tourney that is going to be at VA High permanently.. I don't know where the Div 1 tourney will be played.

  10. #60
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    I was wondering though if the Div I and Div II championship games won't be held at the same location. If that's the case, I'd say VA High will be the place.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •