Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 113

Thread: Ludwig!

  1. #41
    Inactive Member Pipestrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2003
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used to do magic that's how I'd heard about it, sorry about not being more specific before about what it is.

    I can't remember all of how it's done, but it involves the person being lit up and their reflection being cast from an angled mirror onto a sheet of glass, so that the person appears to be where the glass is. This means that the reflection seen is of somewhere else in the room, not directly ahead.

    BTW this trick is sometimes talked about in physics classes so I doubt I'll have the magic circle out to get me for revealing it [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #42
    Inactive Member ^fluffy^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2002
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    waaa!! ludwig ch2 out!! thx!! morale of the story: the world is indeed cruel

  3. #43
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hehe I do like Willhelm more and more. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    But haven't we read a story with a noble and a true and loyal servant soon before? ^^ Is this going to be a shonen-ai story? [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Anyway, I love it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #44
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ok after reading chapter 2.....this is all i got [img]eek.gif[/img]

    i wasnt expecting that. i thought she was gunna be kinda trampy or something....cuz of the first pic.

    but whoa...that was [img]eek.gif[/img] worthy. definetly a good one.

    i wonder if kaori yuki gets her ideas from nightmares.....and if not...then what ARE her nightmares?!..probably like happy singing children or something lol.

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ October 15, 2003 03:01 PM: Message edited by: jadey ]</font>

  5. #45
    Inactive Member tiringil's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2003
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ack. No. Not singing children! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] What a scary thought... O_o;;

    I personally like Disney because children are pure anyways... They'll learn with time. I don't see why anyone would want to scare the heck out of them at a young age. And I dunno... maybe... if they see positive things, the world won't be so cruel. >>

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Cheshirecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ^fluffy^:
    morale of the story: the world is indeed cruel
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The world is supposed to be cruel. I honestly believe that some of the remakes of the original fairytales, as well as the Disney version, are conveying unrealistic messages to young kids. We all know that bad people (I'm being very general here) do not always get what they deserve, and bad things happen to good people. The world is unjust, as we all know it. I know it is so that children will learn to be good. But somehow I feel like these fairytales are giving false hopes to children.

    By the way, in the original version of Cinderella, the two sisters cut off their ankles in order to fit into the glass slipper. And of course, one cannot forget about the story of the Bluebeard. The world is cruel, full of violence and unjust. It is supposed to be that way.

  7. #47
    Inactive Member cirocco's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2003
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i am positive that people who visit S.C for scanlations regularly are not your average kiddos right? we all have morbid minds mind u.... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    once again great work done. looking forward to e 3rd and last chapter!!!!11 [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  8. #48
    Inactive Member Cheshirecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've read chapter 2, and somehow this particular rhyme comes to mind:

    Lizzie Borden took an axe,
    And gave her mother forty whacks.
    And when she saw what she had done.
    She gave her father forty-one.

    Just a thought. Not that it has anything to do with the story.

  9. #49
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i am positive that people who visit S.C for scanlations regularly are not your average kiddos right? we all have morbid minds mind u....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ahem.....when i first came here i was a good lil kiddy. hehe...i was thankfully corrupted. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

  10. #50
    Inactive Member Crystallyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2003
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ludwig Ch. 2 (Red Riding Hood)

    Wow, finally read this one too, and boy was it a doozy! [img]eek.gif[/img]

    That first pic was veerrryy interesting and I really like it. I think Yuki-sensei could have played around with that one quite a bit. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

    Anyway, nice background info on Ludwig and Wilhelm. This one added quite a few hidden layers that don't show so readily in the present.

    Can't wait for the third one, but Carole has decided to work on Cain next, so it'll probably be a while. Oh well. Cain is good too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    ~Crystal
    (who is slightly giddy from staying up late, studying all day and now reading manga at night when she should be sleeping)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •